Old July 16, 2002, 11:34   #1
ahenobarb
Prince

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
12 unit limit in cities
I think I posted this in the wrong forum the first time, so sorry for the double post, but...

For all of you SLiC CTP gurus:

Is there a document that lists all of (most of) the variable and structure names in CTP2 for Slic editing? Don't need them yet, but I may in the future...

...which brings me to my next question, the 12 unit per city limit is interfering with moving my armies around, i.e. I have to walk around the cities. And worse, I need to build roads around the cities, so I don't loose movement points (my land is starting to look like Civ III land). Is there any way, to change the limit from 12?

The code must have an a 12 element array of structures for handling the units, does anyone know the variable name for this array?

Thanks!
Old July 17, 2002, 00:11   #2
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:26
This thread has to be located in this forum. although i also forgot this detailed and ansred in the other forum.
So here is the same response:

Here it is the events:
http://apolyton.net/ctp2/modificatio...icevents.shtml
The functions:
http://apolyton.net/ctp2/modificatio...lic2func.shtml
And the built in variables:
http://apolyton.net/ctp2/modificatio...cbuiltin.shtml

I hope this is what you a looking for
-Jean Rostand
Old July 17, 2002, 05:00   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:26
Those CtP2 SLIC documents here on Apolyton aren't quite complete but I don't think there's any one place that *is*. One other thing you might want to have handy though is the XLS file I made ages ago, it at least contains all functions, variables and events, although they're not all documented very thoroughly. You can find it on my personal website.

The 12 unit limit is hard-coded. It's not possible to make that larger. But even if you could make the max limit larger, you could get bigger armies as well, thus maintaining the problem...
Old July 17, 2002, 09:29   #4
ahenobarb
Prince

Local Time: 04:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Those CtP2 SLIC documents here on Apolyton aren't quite complete but I don't think there's any one place that *is*. One other thing you might want to have handy though is the XLS file I made ages ago, it at least contains all functions, variables and events, although they're not all documented very thoroughly. You can find it on my personal website.

The 12 unit limit is hard-coded. It's not possible to make that larger. But even if you could make the max limit larger, you could get bigger armies as well, thus maintaining the problem...
Thanks for the info Locutus, the XLS file looks very comprehensive. I'm still settling into CTP2, but I have so far found it very advanced and filled with all sorts of interesting details. After I get a better grasp of the game, I can't wait to get my head around .slc editing.
Old July 17, 2002, 12:50   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

The SLIC stuff is by far the most complicated part of CtP modding. If you're not a programmer, it's probably wise to ignore it at first and focus on adding/modding units, governments, etc and only move on to SLIC once you've gotten the hang of that. All the other stuff (with the exception of AI and diplomacy) is pretty basic. Although perhaps a bit overwhelming at first, that shouldn't be too hard to learn.
Old July 17, 2002, 12:56   #6
Locutus
Deity

sorry, dp

Last edited by Locutus; July 17, 2002 at 13:14.
Old July 18, 2002, 01:46   #7
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
If you're not a programmer, it's probably wise to ignore it at first and focus on adding/modding units, governments, etc and only move on to SLIC once you've gotten the hang of that.
Thats how i started and reached my level of knowlege.

PS: Locutus, I am pretty sure it is possible to decrease the stack size max number by changing the UI, though.
-Jean Rostand