Old July 17, 2002, 17:58   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Next Scheduled Turnchat/thread
Your next scheduled turnchats are

Wednesday August 14th, 2002 (turnthread, probably to be played sometime later in the evening EST time)

The turnthread will be the last time in term 2 that turns are played. Will post MWIA turnchats/threads schedules as I get them

This turnchat will be held on mIRC like all past and future turnchats

We will be on mIRC at
server: irc.dal.net
channel:#civ3dem
ministersonlychannel:#civ3demMinisters

Here is a helpful guide from Uber on how to get mIRC working for you[list=1][*]go to www.mirc.com and download the client [*]install and run the client [*]when it opens it'll say you should register, ignore it if you see it [*]it'll ask for a full name, an email address, and 2 nicknames [*]i just put krux for the real name and email, and my nicknames are UberKruX and UberKruX- (the second one is just in case someone has your nickname) [*]Your nickname should be SOMETHING like your poly name, if not the exact thing. we need to recognize you [*]in the "IRC Network" Dropdown box, select DALnet [*]under that combo box, theres another one. pick a server close to you, or whatever you want if you cant find one real close. [*]hit "connect to irc server" [*]a lot of text will scroll by, and there might be a few failed connection attempts. let it run for a while. if it fails, choose another server. [*]when it connects a box should pop up, labeled "mIRC Channels Folder". type "#civ3dem" in the box (no quotes) [*]you should be in the chat at this point. [*]if the channels box didnt pop up, you should see a LONG textbox at the bottom of the screen, type "/join #civ3dem" (again, no quotes) and you'll be in. [/list=1]

There will be two announced chat rooms, civ3dem and civ3demMinisters. You may go to both, but unless you are a minister of anykind, you may not actively chat in the Ministers room.

If you don't want to download mIRC, there is a java client you can use.
  • go to www.dal.net
  • on the right, theres a box that says "Chat Now!", and asks for a nickname. Type in something like your apolyton name, and click Go!
  • if your browser asks you to install the java components, approve them and let them install.
  • a box should then pop up, which looks like a chatroom.
  • type "/join #civ3dem" (no quotes) in the line where you would send text (bottom line)
  • you should now be in the chat.

Last edited by Ninot; August 13, 2002 at 01:47.
Old July 17, 2002, 18:09   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:31
um, dont just copy what uber said:
Quote:
i just put krux for the real name and email, and my nicknames are UberKruX and UberKruX- (the second one is just in case someone has your nickname)

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 17, 2002, 22:36   #3
Ninot
Emperor

Ill fix it later.. but just so ya know.. i copied everything off of what Trip posted in his turnchat thread
Old July 18, 2002, 01:34   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

double post. suck me poly server.
Old July 18, 2002, 01:34   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

im not going to be there tomorrow, and im going to bed now.

follow my orders in Trips turnthread. they're fairly general.

Apolyton builds 2 spearmen, Termina builds archers. when we have 6 archers and 2 spear we start marching towards washigton (NW, NW, NW, etc).

I dont think we'll reach that, not to mention the attack itself.
Old July 18, 2002, 01:41   #6
Ninot
Emperor

no advice for exploration?
Old July 18, 2002, 03:33   #7
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be there either. If my savegame is current though (1475 B.C., right?) neither of the workers will be available until 1400 B.C., when the workersouth of Tassagrad is completed.

After that we have two options: move it north of Tassagrad to stack both workers to build a road; or keep the worker south of Tassagrad to build a road there. I guess it depends on on whether we want to mine tiles in the western and southern Apolytonian Plains or improve the terrain around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.. Personally I am in favor improving Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.

Once the worker below Tassagrad builds the mine, move it north of Tassagrad. When it gets there, build a road with both workers in one turn. Move them both south again on the newest mine and build a road there with both. Swing them noth above Tassagrad again to build a mine.

A little recap:

Move worker south of Tassagrad into Tassagrad.

Move worker in Tassagrad directly north of Tasagrad.

Use both workers (the other worker should have finished cutting jungle now) to build a road.

Move both workers directly south of Tassagrad.

Build road.

Last edited by GoodFella; July 18, 2002 at 12:14.
Old July 18, 2002, 03:48   #8
GoodFella
Warlord

I'll try to get on for a little at least tommarow.
Old July 18, 2002, 10:22   #9
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:31
The official save is now 1450 BC, as we played a turn during the turnthread : http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55785
Attached Files:
File Type: sav civ3demogame1450.sav (158.9 KB, 16 views)
Old July 18, 2002, 15:47   #10
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Since when did we have a seperate chat room for ministers?
Old July 18, 2002, 15:57   #11
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
Since when did we have a seperate chat room for ministers?
A while ago I think.
Old July 19, 2002, 05:29   #12
Spiffor

I suggest the next turnchat happens Sunday. Many Euros have a life Saturnday night, and it's possible some Americans work on Saturnday afternoon.
I think 21:00 GMT (16:00 EST) is a good hour for everyone on the Atlantic on Sunday.
Old July 19, 2002, 08:33   #13
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Is the next one on Sunday? It says 'thursday, july 18th' but that was yesterday.
Old July 19, 2002, 08:45   #14
Edrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
it's possible some Americans work on Saturnday afternoon.
Yep. Ninot, you should update the next turnchat time right after the previous one ends, so that we can plan our schedules accordingly

Old July 20, 2002, 15:59   #15
Butch Cassidy
Settler

Arrgggh! what am I doing wrong? I save it as a sav.document as civ3demogame1450.sav, yet when I try to load it says "NOT A VALID SAVE FILE", then gives the full file name ending in civ3demogame.sav..sav"
Old July 21, 2002, 03:44   #16
GoodFella
Warlord

I should be able to make it tommarow (Sunday) but in case I can't here are the plans:

1375 B.C.
Worker in south-south-eastern tile of Tassagrad builds mine.

1350 B.C.
Both workers after finishing mine on south-south-eastern tile of Tassagrad build road.
Worker finishes clearing jungle and between Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. builds road.

1325 B.C.
Road on south-south-eastern tile finished, move both workers to the tile directly south of Tassagrad.

1300 B.C.
Both workers directly south of Tassagrad build a road. Worker between Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. finishes road and begins work on mine.

1275 B.C.
Put another worker on building mine between Tasssagrad and Banana H.Q.
Put third worker into cutting jungle on river by Banana H.Q. (or any jungle tile pending best judgement of time and quality).
Old July 21, 2002, 07:19   #17
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I doubt I'll be able to make the turnchat, so my only order is to research currency

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 21, 2002, 08:21   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:31
Friday 2100 GMT - a turnchat I can make?

This cannot be happening. I demand a recount!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 23, 2002, 19:37   #19
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Why not at least one more turnthread before the next chat? Its just a waste of days if we don't. I am sure all neede minsters could issue orders before then and if something came up you could save and request info. So I call upon our glorious president to make at least one more turnthread before the main chat.
Aggie
Old July 24, 2002, 12:26   #20
Spiffor

I just thought of something : the Apolyton birthday chat is held Friday, and it's likely it will be held at the same time (like Firaxis chat). Should we push back the turnchat later in the evening, ignore the Apolyton chat, push it sooner, or do it Saturnday (in this case, I'd advice it's done during the efternoon in Europe, so that it's not too early for Americans, and not too late for Asians + Europeans who'd like to go out saturnday evening)
Old July 24, 2002, 12:30   #21
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I suggest we move it to Saturday. There will likely be people still at the Apolyton chat later in the night.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 24, 2002, 17:12   #22
Ninot
Emperor

The Friday date was chosen by Timeline, as he will be the one in charge of it.

I might show up, but I agreed to let Timeline play a few turns leading up to the war. I wanna see how he does things.

As for dates after that, that depends on when we vote on declaration of war and such.

Timeline can't play on weekends tho, so if you want a Saturday turnchat instead of a Friday, Timeline will have to say ga-bye to playing this week.. however, if we dont decide to vote on war, i am open to playing a turnchat Friday AND Saturday.
Old July 24, 2002, 17:52   #23
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ninot that is an idea worth doing, .
The more turns the better.
Aggie
Old July 25, 2002, 17:44   #24
Spiffor

Friday July 26th (4pm EST, 21:00 GMT) : it will be

The War Chat

We'll attack America and will either get triumphly out of this jungle, or will suffer a humiliating an decisive defeat. Will YOU miss it ?
Old July 25, 2002, 21:15   #25
civman2000
Emperor

unfortunately, almost certainly yes (at least the first hour or so of it)

Old July 26, 2002, 08:51   #26
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 05:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Will YOU miss it ?
Under no circumstances.
Old July 26, 2002, 13:38   #27
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Many of us have to work during that time slot, esp. during the week. So, I will miss it as well.
Old July 26, 2002, 22:06   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:31
/me sighs
I had to miss it again. Stupid mornings.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 27, 2002, 11:37   #29
Spiffor

I'm not sure to make it Sunday 28 July.
But I have no economic orders which strike me now. If you want to suggest economic orders, you can find updated information at my site
Please post your suggestions, if any, in the ministry of the Economy thread (see sig)

However, I strongly petition we connect BHQ to the American road, if NY is ours. We need those dyes to lower our entertainment rate at last.
We're also the only Civ not to have any luxury (with Russia), and Civs like Persia even profit from 2 luxuries
We should make our workers connect with the Via Americana ass soon as NY is ours.

Last edited by Spiffor; July 27, 2002 at 11:45.
Old July 27, 2002, 11:40   #30
Aggie
King

MWIA, i feel bad that you miss all the chats, since you clearly want to participate. What times would be best for you.
Aggie