Old July 18, 2002, 02:21   #1
theend
Settler

Local Time: 04:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The State of The Empire
Hello All,
I come to you in what I beleive are some of you weakest times. Our country grows weaker by the minute. Our elections are living proff. We cannot even go through and election without having to pass an amendment to make a Court. We need someone to take a bit stronger action. I do although beleive that the current president is the man for the job. I my self would look forward to becoming part of this Court. I do not agree with these political parties however because they weeken our nation and test its stability. What has history tought us? Every time there are different classes or parties of people that believe in different views that nation indures a great revolution. Look at the Romans, French, Spanish, English, Americans, and the list goes on. We are devided and need to come together as one nation united. Thank you for you time.
Old July 18, 2002, 02:30   #2
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 00:33
The thing that worries me the most is the Americans. Other than that we'll be just fine.
Old July 18, 2002, 02:32   #3
Decimus
Settler

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Good point moral hazard.
Old July 18, 2002, 02:37   #4
theend
Settler

You dont think that these parties will effect us in the smallest way morale? I think i would like to make a difference so i would like to be placed in the court. I need support who would be willing to support me?
Old July 18, 2002, 02:47   #5
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 00:33
First:
It's not the courts duty to make laws or rule the partys illegal, in fact there was a poll conducted early on in the game which would substantiate that the party's are legal. A new poll (unofficial) is also being conducted which seems to validate that the people want parties. Although I don't think that they should be on the ballot, I can't see anyway of really get rid of them if you wanted to.

Second:
The court is going to be appointed and then confirmed, so if you want to be nominated state your interest - There are some pretty good candidates already who have offered to be judges so it will be hard to get in.
Old July 18, 2002, 14:33   #6
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
The thing that worries me the most is the Americans. Other than that we'll be just fine.
The French worry me as they always seem to do well towards the end when I play on large maps. I think they should be dealt with asap.
Old July 18, 2002, 14:35   #7
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
The French can be dealt with the in the middle. We can use them as allys in the beginning.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 18, 2002, 14:51   #8
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Doesanybody know where the latest savegame is, as I think that election material may have buried it!!
Old July 18, 2002, 15:41   #9
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: The State of The Empire
Quote:
Originally posted by theend
I come to you in what I beleive are some of you weakest times. Our country grows weaker by the minute. Our elections are living proff. We cannot even go through and election without having to pass an amendment to make a Court.
Actually, the court amendment was well on the way before the election; the confusion just made the issue much more important than a court to deal with purely theoretical problems was.

IMO, this election proved how strong our country is. When we didn't know what we were going to do, Trip put the demogame first and stepped down, even though he stated before the election that it would be his last chance to hold office for quite some time.
Old July 18, 2002, 15:53   #10
Robber Baron
Prince

Re: Re: The State of The Empire
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

IMO, this election proved how strong our country is. When we didn't know what we were going to do, Trip put the demogame first and stepped down, even though he stated before the election that it would be his last chance to hold office for quite some time.
Exactly. The last election showed Apolytonia at its best, IMO. Public-spirited, willing to compromise, deeply democratic.
And by the way, I have to disagree very strongly with the contention that parties are politically corrosive. In healthy bodies politic (body politics?), parties actually help democracy cohere. They draw citizens into the political process, and help give views expression and form. In any number of historical examples (including the U.S.), they have proven themselves to be a vital way of holding representative government together.
Old July 18, 2002, 16:58   #11
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 05:33
Re: Re: The State of The Empire
Listen, listen...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
When we didn't know what we were going to do, Trip put the demogame first and stepped down, even though he stated before the election that it would be his last chance to hold office for quite some time.
That's exactly why we should vote for him again!