Old July 18, 2002, 12:10   #1
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A constitution
should be formed, to regulate in game and democracy matters.

Of course it should wait to when we have more members, and a game, but the earlier we make it - the more sound it is.

The Civ III constitution and ammendments are very nice and should be adopted with slight changes.

Plus, we should rules controlling information flow and media.
Old July 18, 2002, 15:48   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First we should form a constitution that applies to all the teams, of basic rules.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 18, 2002, 16:04   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

First we should form a constitution that applies to all the teams, of basic rules.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 18, 2002, 23:03   #4
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 15:33
I'm very against adopting the Civ3 constitution...it's way too complicated. (and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only one)

All we need is a basic constitution, dealing with information flow, media and certain elements of foreign policy (bribing, etc...)
Old July 19, 2002, 14:54   #5
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:33
The Foreign minister can bribe and conduct espionague polls.

The President moves after receiving orders from the ministers.

-
There, that's a good start. All you need is about a sentence for the rights of each ministry position
---

Or another idea:

Each team may only have 3 ministers... The ministers each pick a few ministries.

The votes for ministers are administered at the beginning of the game; each team may have no less than 2 and no more than 3 ministers plus a President and VP.
Old July 20, 2002, 12:12   #6
Pevonian
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Chieftain

Hmm, a constitution... we need one merely to regulate game rules, not dictate our actions though. Constitutions can be restrictive and a lot of amendments would look bad.

:0
Old July 21, 2002, 11:42   #7
Talar
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:33
What constitution to use should be up to each team to decide on their own.

I think the best (and most fun) way to handle game rules applying to all teams would be by proposing acts once the game is started. This is what we did in the experimental demo game at Gamecatcher. Look at this to get the idea of how it's done:

http://www.civgaming.net/gamecatcher...opic.php?t=798

We could of course start proposing acts before we start playing the game. I think things like no cheating, no use of certain exploits, etc could pass quite easily, but this is a fun way of doing it and works much like real international politics.
Old July 22, 2002, 13:30   #8
Pevonian
Chieftain

Good idea

Old July 22, 2002, 13:53   #9
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Between sitecivs, only some basic rules may be agreed.
During the game, as in international law, we may regulate the legal conflicts with the friendly mean or by an arbitral Court of moderators.
Constitution is a choice for each civ. Personnaly I don't think it is necessary.
Old July 23, 2002, 21:14   #10
Unknown soldier
Settler

Local Time: 23:33
I higly support treaties. They're the best way to set the rules and no one gets an advantage. In the end game, maybe some sort of UN could be installed to deal with conflict or something, but this has never been experienced, so we'll see when we get there...

And a basic constitution for everyone : Don't cheat and have fun...
Old July 25, 2002, 06:57   #11
Pevonian
Chieftain

I think
I tyink we should roleplay that we can only discuss idea if we have the reuisite tech and cultural knowledge. ie) we can't have international laws, when we don't even have code of laws tech. Or we can't have people preaching the vitues of Fundamentalism until someone gets it, as the ideas havn't been thought up.

Old July 25, 2002, 09:46   #12
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Re: I think
Quote:
Originally posted by Pevonian
I tyink we should roleplay that we can only discuss idea if we have the reuisite tech and cultural knowledge. ie) we can't have international laws, when we don't even have code of laws tech. Or we can't have people preaching the vitues of Fundamentalism until someone gets it, as the ideas havn't been thought up.

I agree
Old August 14, 2002, 10:29   #13
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

I think we should have some code of laws regulating our game. that's all.

not importing anything - just taking good ideas from.
Old August 14, 2002, 20:01   #14
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 15:33
i agree, sirotkinov...

i'll write a basic constitution when i get home, and am not in psych class...
Old August 16, 2002, 09:27   #15
DuckOfFlanders
Settler

I am from the oppinion that a simple constitution is the best ,as extremely long and complicated constitution's do not promote the easy integration of new people to the game.I think a simplefied version of any current civII demo game constitution would be fine.

On the matter of treaty's and international law's ,i think that will automaticly created when in game situation's ask for it.
Old September 12, 2002, 05:13   #16
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 23:33
IMHO, I like the way that the demo game at GC is done. With the whole acts and proposals thing. Talar posted a link to it above to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

I think that it should be up to the foriegn ministers to dictate international law as they would also be considedered the ambasadors and International delegates.

We have so many people and so little time to come up with/agree on a full blown constitution (basic or not) where as, if we concetraed on each individual issue at the time it rises we will get a little more focus on it, give it the attention it deserves, and it will allow us to put the time it deserves making sure we have solutions to make everyone happy.