Old July 30, 2002, 21:44   #61
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Where is the second page?
Old July 30, 2002, 21:46   #62
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

What i ment were IN the second page
Old July 30, 2002, 21:55   #63
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 04:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
to make it easier to find the file, I created a new thread. Mods, kindly close this one when you get the time....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old August 5, 2002, 14:32   #64
King of Rasslin
Prince

It lags too much! I bought this comp new just 3 years ago, and with 128 RAM! I can't see how a comp twice as powerful as the N64 would lag so bad. Firaxis must have done some poor programming for scenario making.
Old August 5, 2002, 15:51   #65
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:38
I bought mine over 4 years ago (nearly 5), but changed my CPU to a PIII 850... the only difference being that I bought it with 512 RAM. I have no problems whatsoever running this baby. But indeed, there are huge numbers of troops around, so I can understand it lags. Too bad you can't play it, it is one of the most fun and intense games I've seen so far.

DeepO
Old August 6, 2002, 16:55   #66
quadalpha
Settler

I, er, died.
Old June 9, 2005, 15:29   #67
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 05:38
One Almighty Bump.

I have a question regarding this scenario. It is stated earlier in the thread that you can't build any more nukes, but is that because they have been removd from the scenario, or because you not have uranium?
Old June 9, 2005, 16:15   #68
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 00:38
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Holy bumpinski!!

PM DeepO... he was the most involved after Vel, IIRC.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 9, 2005, 16:26   #69
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Why PM? I'm trying to get him to come out of the GS private forum, which he seems to have lived in like a hermit for the past year and a half...
Old June 9, 2005, 17:12   #70
Brinoch
Chieftain

Wow. This is a memory from a long time ago.

(dredging from the deep recesses of my mind...)

Nukes were disabled from being built. Uranium is still on the map, though America has none (making it very difficult to finish the spaceship). As I recall, part of Vel's concept was that nukes were banned worldwide, and the American possession and of nuclear arms and their subsequent refusal to eliminate them sparked the conflict.
Old June 9, 2005, 17:13   #71
Modo44
Apolyton UniversityPtWDG2 Monty PythonCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameDiploGamesACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:38
And by the way, I saw Russia and Germany declaring on each other on the first turn, both in PTW and Conquests. Kind of screws up the initial punch the player was supposed to receive, does it not?
Old June 9, 2005, 17:15   #72
Krill
lifer
Deity

You ought to play it in Vanilla. It has been years since I saw the castle in the background...
Old June 9, 2005, 17:17   #73
Brinoch
Chieftain

Vel's scenario is pre-PTW and Conquests, and I don't know what impact the programming changes would have on the scenario.

My experience through play-testing and the MT was that the AI would fight each other. Usually Japan and Russia, but occasionally others would fight as well.
Old June 9, 2005, 17:25   #74
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Imagine this scenario in Conquests with the AIs in locked alliances...
Old June 9, 2005, 17:31   #75
Brinoch
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Imagine this scenario in Conquests with the AIs in locked alliances...
I suppose someone could try and persuade Vel to edit the scenario.
Old June 10, 2005, 01:17   #76
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
BTW, I don;t know who remembers, but this thing was a bee-yatch. Great design.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 10, 2005, 08:07   #77
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Can someone explain what the MT- V series was/is? I am presuming that it was a series of mods created by Vel.

And - where does one access them? Every now and then I load up the old civ3 disc.
Old June 10, 2005, 08:38   #78
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

MT stand for mini-tourney. Way back in the depths of time, a group of players (can't remember who) decided to all play a game from the same start, and see how they developed. I don't know if the first two were public or not, but the third and onwards cerainly were. After number five (MT V) the idea became the Apolyton University. Look at the history of the Au sticky thread - it has links to the MT threads IIRC.

Three of them were just normal games, so no-one created them MT III (Babylon and On) and MT V (the Alamo) were different. MT III started in the industrial era - we played Babylon, which was alone on a smallish island, and had been played so as not to trade for anything for the whole game. Hence at the start, we were just in the industrial era, and the AI were pretty much at the start of the modern era. IIRC diplo and spaceship wins were turned off. The aim was to win by conquest or domination before the turn limit was hit.

EDIT: I tell a lie, Babylon was MT IV, not III
Old June 10, 2005, 13:43   #79
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Thanks Vulture. Appreciate that.

I will wade back through the AU history to see what I can find.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:52   #80
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 22:38
In case anyone doesn't realize it, the AU History 101 thread has links to the mini-tourney threads, since those were the precursor to Apolyton University.