Old October 4, 2002, 00:44   #31
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 06:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
AFAIK Civ III doesn't manage quantity of available resource: one is enough to supply all your (connected) empire. So we should introduce another variable (quantity), a meter to let the player know how much resource is left, and a table to show resource consume per turn, per city dimension and number of units...
You can see how many SOURCES of a resource you have. You could convert two coal sources to one oil. The problem is... most of the times coal is much harder to get than oil...
Old October 4, 2002, 00:47   #32
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
the quantity concept could fix the resource swapping I mentioned in cheat thread, and also it could introduce lump resource trade!

I like the idea.

BTW I know civ doesnt handle quanitity but it also notifies you how may extra you have, so you can code it so the preset is you must have x amount of extra coal in order to generate oil with this conversion system... and simply delete 2x amount of coal available in extra (treat as if it was traded away to a civ). Then if you only had one coal source and that vanishes or gets cut off, you wont have a coal (since foreign trade is valued and you still have to give resource even if urself dont have) and if you lose even amount req for conversion, oil conversion simply stops. (kinda like trade agreemnt being broken) Actually, this can be done now that i think about it! it would be simulatig a trade in away with non existing civ!!!!!!

EDIT: Don;t read the last paragraph (unles u want to) and read this = you can simulate a trade of 2 coal for one oil with non existent civ. That would work as resource coversion system!

Last edited by Zero; October 4, 2002 at 00:53.