Old July 20, 2002, 23:28   #1
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I need a favor
Can someone play this turn, and post the following turn back here. The game keeps crashing everytime I end the turn.
Attached Files:
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 21, 2002, 00:24   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:42
Whoever downloaded the file, declare war on everyone, sell every tech and all temples,etc....

just kidding (offcourse )

I'll try it on my machine too
Old July 21, 2002, 01:26   #3
Aeson
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm not sure what patch version you are playing on, here is a 1.29f save from the next turn. A couple of the AI signed trade alliances against you, one war between the AI broke out.. nothing much else happend.
Attached Files:
Old July 21, 2002, 01:59   #4
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Ok, thanks!
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 21, 2002, 02:02   #5
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Wait, it still crashes. And like before it's running extremely slowly. Did you have that problem running it?
Old July 21, 2002, 02:08   #6
NeoStar
Warlord

Local Time: 14:42
Sounds like the file has gone corrupt or its clashing with your computer. Happened to me once (in the industrial age).

Rare, but bloody annoying!
"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)
Old July 21, 2002, 02:12   #7
Aeson
Emperor

Yes, it was quite sluggish on my computer as well. I wasn't sure if that was because of the new patch or not, as I haven't played any huge games yet with it. Didn't crash for me though.

If you send the game to Firaxis (or ask Gramphos) they might be able to fix it for you.
Old July 21, 2002, 02:17   #8
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

How do I do that? I don't want to start a new one, 'cause as you can see, I've gone a long way to conquering that continent in that game.
Old July 21, 2002, 02:40   #9
Aeson
Emperor

Send an email to one of the guys at Firaxis, with the URL of this thread and a description of the problem. They've fixed saves in the past for some people... looking at the Help forum here at Poly, most of the problems don't get fixed though.
Old July 21, 2002, 02:43   #10
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Will do. In the meantime, I'll start a new game.