Old July 21, 2002, 20:54   #1
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A new idea: a roll-playing nes
Hey, this idea is influenced by the demo game.

How it works

For each country 5 players will be assinged: Leader, Science advisor, Military advisor, Domestic advisor, Population. The president will play the "normal role in a nes; making up the story, negociating with otyer players ect. But now they muct anserw to their advisors and their people.

ROLES

Leader: His/her role is somwhat explained above. He/she will actually do th negociating, write the story ect. The story can just be about how they are negociating with other leaders, or about how there was a horrible explsion a the testing of their space program. The space program will like ly cause alot of problem with the people, and maybe even with the science advisor " i told you it was risky" type thing.

Science advisor: He/she will be the person the president will have to anserw to after giving away the secrets to the new hovercrafts or something like that. All of his/her posts should be in story fourm just for the sake of seperating this game from the demo game. The advisor should advise the leader in new fields of reaserch, and trading technologies. But he/she will not actually have a say in what the leader does ( its could be a type of leader who listens to his advisors, doing what is best for his people. Or it could be a crazy lunatic, with no goal other that total world domination).

Military advisor: This is the stategist of the nation. The president will have to anserw to him/her after giving the go ahead to attack, when he was supposed to halt the aggresion. This person will advise the leader of what to do, what units shoudl be built, where the biggest garrisons are needed ect. But he/she will not actually have a say in what the leader does ( its could be a type of leader who listens to his advisors, doing what is best for his people. Or it could be a crazy lunatic, with no goal other that total world domination).

Domestic advisor: He/she is the person in charge of homeland projects. This person is who the leader will have to ansewr to after forcing his citizens thorugh week of labour at minimum pay. This is the person the leader will have to anserw to when the people start riotiong because there is no schools, chuches, hospitals ect. But he/she will not actually have a say in what the leader does ( its could be a type of leader who listens to his advisors, doing what is best for his people. Or it could be a crazy lunatic, with no goal other that total world domination).

The people: These are the backbone of the population. No nation can suceed unless its population is fully behind it. These are the people that block the major highway because of a war they do not wish to participate in. These are the people that bring in the income for the nation, pay the taxes ect. But he/she will not actually have a say in what the leader does ( its could be a type of leader who listens to his advisors, doing what is best for his people. Or it could be a crazy lunatic, with no goal other that total world domination).

Five people per nation. Its might take a while to get used to, but doesnt every good thing.

Example of a Military advisor's post.

I (trickey) wil be the miliatry advisor.

Trickey woke up this moring to the usual. His butler ringing a bell and opening the curtains to his giant mansion. He got up, had a shower, then walked down his tiger skin stairs to read the newspaper. "Ahh yes" he thought to himself, remembering the battle that was supposed to take place last night. It was a sure win, he didnt even stay up to make sure everything was going right. He oppend the paper, then shouted at the incompetence of his leader. " Americans use 19th century style infantry in a war vs. English modern armour." was the title in the paper. "Damnit" he cursed. I said "make sure you move the ninetinth armour divison nothwords instantly .

------------

You should feel free to tell the story as you please. From any point of view. I chose mine from the third person, you could tell it from the first. Its completely up to you.

The person controlling the people will tell the story either from one person's view, or telling the story of a huge riot that took place at town hall this morning.

[I]I dont know if we have enogh regular nes player around here to fill all these positions. I urge anyone who watches nes, but hesitates to join, to come out and play this one! The more the merrier. I will not criticise anyone for not knowing something, and i surely dont think anyone else will.

Please put in bold letters the name of your country at the top of your post. All postts from advisors to leaders are considered secret unless made over t.v. , radio ect.

Last edited by trickey; July 21, 2002 at 21:41.
Old July 21, 2002, 21:17   #2
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Civs
United North America

light blue

Army: huge

Navy: Large

Airforce: Huge

Governement: Democracy

Leader: The Bloody Baro

Advisor of external affairs: thrusters_back

Advisor of internal affairs: ?

People: ?

Mexico

Light green (controlling all south america)

Army: Large

Navy: Medium

Airforce: Medium

Governement: Communism

Leader:?

Advisor of External affairs: ?

Advisor of Internal Affairs: ?

Egypt

Yellow ( controlling all Africa)

Navy: Small

Airforce: Large

Governement: Monarchy

Leader: ?

Advisor of external affairs: ?

People : ?

United Nations of Europe

Red

Army: Huge

Navy: Huge

Governement: Anarchy

Leader: Cinna

Advisor of External Affairs: giovanni_wine

People: civman2000

Great Britain

Pink ( controlling Greenland, the British ilse and Australia

Army: Medium

navy: Gigantic

governement : Democracy

People:?

Russia

Grey

leader: ?

Advisor of External Affairs: ?

Arabian Empire

Dark Green

Navy: medium

Airforce: large

Governement: Fundamentalism

People: Space05us

China and Japan ( i dont know what to call it)

Maroon ( i think)

Airfoce: Large

Advisor of External Affairs: trickey

--------------

As you can see, this isnt for the player who wants a Risk type game like Uknes2. This game should focus on story telling.

As you can also most likely tell, i had to drasticly cut down on the number of civs, just because i dont think there would be enough people for any more ( we will be hard pushed to get enogh for this).

The official map is civman's 2nd map. Its somewhere down the thread

PLEASE COME PLAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by trickey; July 23, 2002 at 20:36.
Old July 21, 2002, 21:17   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
lol, demo game meets NES...this could be fun. If more people want to do it i will.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 21, 2002, 21:20   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

tip: make maps gifs, not jpegs. ANd could you use more varying colors? If you want i might be able to approximately caopy your map but with different borders for everyone

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 21, 2002, 21:24   #5
trickey
Prince

sure civman, i need all the help with maps i can get. You know i have a histoy of crappy maps
Old July 22, 2002, 07:40   #6
trickey
Prince

Btw, i havent thought of a story yet. Any ideas?
Old July 22, 2002, 08:07   #7
Space05us
King

Local Time: 16:45
Quote:
He/she will be the person the president will have to anserw to after giving away the secrets to the new hovercrafts or something like that
memories.....

I'll join as the people for someone.
Old July 22, 2002, 08:13   #8
civman2000
Emperor

I'll try to have my version of your map up asap.

I think the problem will be not having enough people. HOwever, if we decrease the number of countries a bit, it might work.

Old July 22, 2002, 08:59   #9
civman2000
Emperor

my version of the map:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.gif
Views:	66
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	20321  

Old July 22, 2002, 09:45   #10
trickey
Prince

Thanks alot civman. What coutry's should be dropped? Hmmm.....

Space, what country do you want to be the people for?
Old July 22, 2002, 10:04   #11
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Can I be the military advisor for Britain? I never like being the guy in charge. However I'm in my prime in carrying out orders. So can I trickey?
Old July 22, 2002, 10:28   #12
Space05us
King

Russia I guess. how do you get the flags?
Old July 22, 2002, 11:46   #13
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
Thanks alot civman. What coutry's should be dropped? Hmmm.....

Space, what country do you want to be the people for?
probably by making a United Europe country instead of 4 different ones

You could also do a United North America that includes Canada, USA

something like that could work, as there would still be 8-9 different countries:
Europe
North America
Mexico
Iraq
Egypt
China (you may give to them Japan)
Japan (you can put thm in China)
India
Russia

But it would be still very hard to find 5 people per 9 nation... 45 people.... uhmmmm
it is still too much

Anyway: I wish to join as Science Advisor or Domestic Advisor for whatever country

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old July 22, 2002, 17:13   #14
thrusters_back
Chieftain

I'm in ............................................
USA
Militairy advisor
Old July 22, 2002, 18:31   #15
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 23:45
Possibly less people could be used per team (3 maybe) so we could start earlier..... I'll take anything. maybe if you unite Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Scandanavia) I could do something with that.
Old July 22, 2002, 19:21   #16
civman2000
Emperor

i'll be the people for someone

Old July 22, 2002, 19:26   #17
civman2000
Emperor

My version of decreasing number:
1. Merge Us and Canada.
2. Merge Continental Europe (britain still separate).
3. Merge India and Iraq.
4. Merge China and Japan.

This leaves:
NAF
Mexico
United Europe
Britain
Russia
Egypt
India
Japan

8 civs...still too many.

How about only 4 people:
1. Prez
2. Internal Affairs Minister--science + domestic
3. External Affairs Minister--diplomacy, war.
4. People

That means only 32 people are needed, which might be attainable.

Old July 22, 2002, 20:09   #18
trickey
Prince

hmmm 32 people wow! I like the ideas though. Civman, do you think you could please make a map of what you proposed

Please tell me what coutry you want to be from, as ill make a list so we will be easily able to tell who is open.
Old July 22, 2002, 20:39   #19
Space05us
King

you could combind;
All of the southern Asian countries. (Japan included)
North America
and europe
that would leave 7 countries , and with 3 people for each country you would need 21.
edit:
3 people
Leader
Advisor
People
not as interesting with just one advisr but more realisitic.
Old July 23, 2002, 07:17   #20
civman2000
Emperor

I think it wouldn't be much fun with only one advisor.

I'd like to be the people of Egypt.

map with my proposed changes:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map2.gif
Views:	52
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	20376  

Old July 23, 2002, 08:00   #21
Space05us
King

I changed my mind I'll be the people for that big green thing in asia

I plan on causing havoc
((don't worry the people can't have nukes...or can they??))
Old July 23, 2002, 10:24   #22
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Okay I saw the changes so can I be the external affairs minister for Britian?
Old July 23, 2002, 10:25   #23
trickey
Prince

yep, but its not just britain, its all europe.
Old July 23, 2002, 10:33   #24
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Re: Civs
Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
United North America

light blue

Army: huge

Governement: Democracy

Advisor of external affairs: thrusters_back

People

Mexico

Light green (controlling all south america)

Navy: Medium

Airforce: Medium

Leader:?

Advisor of External affairs: ?

Egypt

Yellow ( controlling all Africa)

Navy: Small

Governement: Monarchy

People : civman2000

United Nations of Europe

Red

Navy: Huge

Governement: Anarchy

Leader: Cinna

Advisor of External Affairs: bloody baro

Russia

Grey

leader: ?

Advisor of External Affairs: ?

Arabian Empire

Dark Green

Navy: medium

Airforce: large

Governement: Fundamentalism

People: Space05us

China and Japan ( i dont know what to call it)

Maroon ( i think)

Airfoce: Large

Advisor of External Affairs: trickey

--------------

As you can see, this isnt for the player who wants a Risk type game like Uknes2. This game should focus on story telling.

As you can also most likely tell, i had to drasticly cut down on the number of civs, just because i dont think there would be enough people for any more ( we will be hard pushed to get enogh for this).

The official map is civman's 2nd map. Its somewhere down the thread

PLEASE COME PLAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Wheres Great Britain? Well since they got booted I'd like to switch to Leader of NAF.
Old July 23, 2002, 10:37   #25
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Hey trickey I didn't see your post about it being all of Europe so can I still be the leader of the North American Federation? I promise it will be my last switch of the game.
Old July 23, 2002, 10:42   #26
trickey
Prince

o crap, sorry, i forgot to put britain in. they arnt part of United Europe. Ill put you down as external affairs minister of Britain untill you tell me otherwise.
Old July 23, 2002, 10:46   #27
The Bloody Baro
Prince

No trickey. I want to be leader of the North American Federation. Please switch it if you can.
Old July 23, 2002, 10:49   #28
trickey
Prince

OK Baro, its np.
Old July 23, 2002, 12:01   #29
jdd2007
NationStates
King

United Nations of Europe

internal affairs minister

The time for half measures is over. This Anarchy has gone on long enough. This revolution has turned into a civil war. The current government is weak and will fall soon. With Cinna and the Bloody Baro, I will crush the traitors who have dared invade their own motherland. Any soldiers who refuse to execute fellow countrymen will suffer the same fate. The United Nations of Europe must combat the anarchy, the plague, that has infected our country. What is left of the UNE army will mass at Berlin. My fellow minister must get help from London, financial and industrial. With help from Britain and other countries, our strenghtened army will march forth, crush feuding opposition and unite our nation which was once so proud, and mighty.
Old July 23, 2002, 13:38   #30
The Bloody Baro
Prince

((OOC: jdd if you askin for my help I'm the NAF now.))