Old September 30, 2002, 10:06   #91
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 06:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Palaiologos; I can't send You anything right now, because I'm in Warsaw now.
Mamluks You can find in Civ2-creation/Scenario League forum. It's not finished. When it comes to corrected events, You'll have to wait for it. For now, replace events
("events" which You should rename to events 2) with events1 (which You should rename to events) and clear scn file with delevent.
Heresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3, 2002, 15:05   #92
Heresson
Emperor

I had some time now and played a couple more years (it's 1758 or so now)

Netherlands were completely annexed, British and Songhai Empire crushed. Next war should bring complete annexion of
England.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wenecja2.gif
Views:	92
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	28374  
Old December 12, 2002, 11:18   #93
Heresson
Emperor

I returned to home for two days and I had a new session. I feel a need to boast. Though some my small trading points in India and America were destroyed, I conquest most of Arabia, Punt, India and Indochina,
breaking powerfull Indo-Omanian alliance. New one,
from Arabia to China was established, but when I attacked again, they chickened out and I'll have to wait with conquest of great China some more time.
Usually a war in east Asia takes me 3 years. 1 on preparing, one on war, and one on reestablishing 3-point stability.
Old December 12, 2002, 18:13   #94
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 04:46
I don't get it. Which Empire do you control? The Polish?

What is your difficulty setting and AI aggresivenes?

Me with settings on normal(Byzantium), i liberated Rome from the Catholic heathen along with Vienna and Isfahan at about 1550s and invaded the Aztec Empire at the 1760s. The hated Ottomans were by then a long, forgotten memory.
Palaiologos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2002, 08:53   #95
Heresson
Emperor

I play as Venice. I don't know what difficulty level is it.
I guess not very big. But who cares.
Old December 13, 2002, 11:59   #96
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:46
Heresson, have you tried using the print screen function?
Old December 14, 2002, 09:58   #97
Carolus_Rex
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
Heresson, have you tried using the print screen function?
Ssssh, it's art!
Old December 14, 2002, 11:06   #98
Dauphin
Deity

I s'pose they do resemble Jackson Pollock's.
Old December 16, 2002, 10:02   #99
Heresson
Emperor

Well, I couyld do that, but though I would be able to show my state and my vassals, I wouldn't be able to show the grounds once occupied.
Old December 16, 2002, 10:35   #100
Dauphin
Deity

Try using outline maps.

Old December 23, 2002, 14:09   #101
Heresson
Emperor

Two things I don't understand;
1) I can't show what I wish to show on outline maps,
so how can I?
2)Why there is a border between Engand and Scotland, Engalnd and Wales (and between Serbia and Tchernogora)? If there is, shouldn't there be a similar ones in Russia?

i was having two campaigns in NA and two in the far East recently. Results soon shall be shown. I know You just can't wait...
Old December 24, 2002, 18:58   #102
Heresson
Emperor

Oh, the game was over, just when I was preparing to another war, which was supposed to be directed either against the puny British-Swedish alliance
(England has one heavily fortified European city and a lot of trading points. By taking the capital I probably can annex it all, as well as Sweden, which has its capital and two trading points), or against Persian-Uzbek-Indian one
You can see the final territorial result at the bottom.
My only ally is Poland which has a very strange tactic. It was my ally, when I declare war on sb it immediatelly betray me and next month propose a new alliance. I agree. Why not?
Soon I'll play a new game. Yet, this topic is finally over. I'm starting a new one over a bit other topic.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	wenecja2.gif
Views:	84
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	32483  
Old January 4, 2003, 17:56   #103
Heresson
Emperor

OK. Here is a map of amy new game.
I play France, I felt strong and started conquests immediatelly, going from war to war. At first these were small ones. Later, giant ones. And when I was fighting one block, of northern Germany and Poland and England or stuff, another attacked me, with Austria, Hungary, Venice, some other states. Later there was another war, again with England and Poland, but also with Scotland which proved to be a hard nut to knock. And when I finally beaten all I accidentally signed a peace treaty with all alliance instead of Czechia only. But oh well. I will have my revenge another time. I don't remember all the story exactly so that's it.

Dark red is my original France. Lighter red are my conquests,
orange - vassals, brownish - allies (Papal state), black - current enemies, yellow - currently occupied enemy state
blue - never occupied ground, light blue - once occupied one.
feel free to have the most absurd comments to it
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	nowy obraz - mapa bitowa.gif
Views:	94
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	33153  
Old January 5, 2003, 08:35   #104
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 21:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Heresson: What is the settings which you are using for your new game?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2003, 06:17   #105
Heresson
Emperor

The settings? I think it was "normal".
I forgot to take the savegame, and now am playing Byzantium in Great Campaign, is "easy" or "normal" settings. It was horrible at the start. I was constantly falling in debts. I got some money by making Albania and Raguza my vassals (and anecting Bosnia). Albania was harder to beat than I thought, though. Then, profitting from Vlach and Moldavian attack on Turkey, I attacked it too, and soon Trebizond joined this action too. But Poland, Lithuania and Transsilvania attacked them and destroyed completely, and I had to fight alone. Eventually, though a big revolt started in Greece,
I managed to reduce Turkey to Macedonia only. But then I was attacked by
Poland, Lithuania, Hungary, Austria, Venice, Modena, Toskania, Wirtembergia and Switzerland (who earlier anected my vassal Raguza). Venice caputred Bosnia, but lost Kreta, Ionian islands and Korfu. The fight is still on. I signed peace with everyone except for Austria and Venice.
Old January 7, 2003, 13:00   #106
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Wrong strategy for Byzantium there Matias. Your first target should be the duchy of Hellas. Annex it within the first year. Then launch an attack on albania with a portion of your forces. Conquer them and ask for a peace treaty all their money-they somehow have more than 700 ducats. Simultaneously board some troops on your ships and annex Cyprus. You should have won both wars by 1422(Spend all your money on infantry, since both Cyprus and Albania are mountainous). After you get the albanian gold take on the Knights of Rhodes-repel any Papal reaction by stationing Cavalry armies in Hellas. Then take on Albania again even if you are engaged in a war with Venice or Genoa. Annex them and attack Ragusa and Bosnia. Afterwards it is Turkey's turn and Venice's. Always operate your fleet en masse so you will be able to destroy piecemeal the Venetian fleets. Invest only in land Technolgy.
Old January 7, 2003, 13:02   #107
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Now that i think of it, is anybody on for a Multiplayer game of EUII?

I have never played one.
Old January 8, 2003, 03:38   #108
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
Quote:
Originally posted by Palaiologos
Now that i think of it, is anybody on for a Multiplayer game of EUII?

I have never played one.
no thanks... but I would like to see more of Heresson's maps.
joncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2003, 11:08   #109
Heresson
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Palaiologos
Wrong strategy for Byzantium there Matias. Your first target should be the duchy of Hellas. Annex it within the first year. Then launch an attack on albania with a portion of your forces. Conquer them and ask for a peace treaty all their money-they somehow have more than 700 ducats. Simultaneously board some troops on your ships and annex Cyprus. You should have won both wars by 1422(Spend all your money on infantry, since both Cyprus and Albania are mountainous). After you get the albanian gold take on the Knights of Rhodes-repel any Papal reaction by stationing Cavalry armies in Hellas. Then take on Albania again even if you are engaged in a war with Venice or Genoa. Annex them and attack Ragusa and Bosnia. Afterwards it is Turkey's turn and Venice's. Always operate your fleet en masse so you will be able to destroy piecemeal the Venetian fleets. Invest only in land Technolgy.
Interesting... But yes, indeed, my first step was anecting Athens. The rest... Well, I had almost no money for any research at first, all on money, because of debts and wars... Now it should be better. i didn't have any time to play EU or draw maps recently due to my exam, but I'll do it now
Unless I'll learn I failed...
Old January 17, 2003, 08:19   #110
Heresson
Emperor

I can't draw maps yet, as paintbrush somehow is not installed at my computer. But I was having nice conquests. I allied with Nubia; except for Cairo and Delta, which are of my allies', the rest of Egypt with entire Syria, Palestine, Tunisia, Cyrenaica was conquered by me. I also crushed Persia; Kurdistan,
Azerbaydzan, and all the coast up to Ormuz is mine,
as well as Bahrajn. Katar is posessity of my ally.
I took Armenia, Dagestan and Soczi from Georgia and vassalised them. Also, I reduced their vassal, Ukraine,
to one province, and conquered (with Poland) Lithuania
except for Ukraine, Wolyn, Lithuania and one more province which are Polish now. I conquered Kurlandia, Polock and Kurlandia also. However, my second attack
on Teutonic Knights, and one on Genua was not succesfull. I must have artillery. I have three market centres (Isfahan, Alexandria, Kurlandia), and one is of my vassal (Venice), so I should be able to reach it.
However, my game is kind of hard, as I have 90% inflation. I'm researching infrastructure and land technology only now.

Oh, and I have my French savegame after all.
Old January 17, 2003, 10:02   #111
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

The strategy for Byzantium that has worked best for me, is to build up a huge cavalery only army, DoW OE, and let them spill their troops on me, before splitting up my army and siege all/most of OE's provinces.

PS! With such a long thread, I didn't want to read the whole thread, but I hope I didn't write the same as someone else.:P
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2003, 11:17   #112
Heresson
Emperor

My Byzantine Empire is ever growing. I reduced Poland to Masovia and Lithuania, Austria to Vienna,
and in two or three great wars with France took large parts of it plus Genua. I could vassalise it all, but decided otherwise. Also, I anected or vassalised large part of Germany, and took European provinces of Netherlands. I need to take their colonies to finish the war, though.
Old January 23, 2003, 12:39   #113
Heresson
Emperor

I vassalised Sweden by force and took three provinces from them. I reduced France to several hopeless shreds.
I humilitated Spain and took their Italian posessities from them (not to mention Roussilion and Barcelona).
I vassalised Netherlands by force and took a half of England.
Old January 24, 2003, 14:09   #114
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

What about Prussia??
And I can only repeat: Make Screenshots per Prnt and attach 'em :=)
Old January 27, 2003, 06:07   #115
Heresson
Emperor

I'll try.
What about Prussia?
When it comes to Klajpeda (Memel),
it is my province, and is converted to orthodox faith.
When it comes to Prussia itself;

Germany was in one time a field where several mights appeared. One was -- duchy of Klewe (sic!), which became pretty big in western Germany and netherlands,
but wars with France made it weak, and eventually it was attacked by me, reduced considerably and vassalised. The second one was Pomorze Zachodnie,
(Western) Pomerania, which stretched from Baltic to Czechy, with Sudety and Łużyce in it, as well as part of Netherlands. Pomerania, however, was crippled by revolts, which made Brandenburgia and Netherlands and other states appear, and eventually it was vassalised and annexed by Sweden. Łużyce and Sudety, under rebels' control, were Swedish province untill I took Łużyce and vassalised Sudety with the rest of Sweden. Brandenburg in this time grew in power,
crippling Poland and taking its western part just in time when I attacked it. I conquered entire brandenburg and took much of them, but Brandenburg itself remained independant; meanwhile, western part of Western Pomerania got independant from Sweden and later it was annexed by Brandenburg; with Prussia, it formed Prussia, a very remarkable state, as somehow they made their provinces, as well as Denmark,very rich.
I look greedy on it, but yet i fight with others.
Anyway, Prussia twice attacked what remained of Poland (Masovia+Lithuania), and it seemed it will conquer it; but no. Poland took Prussia (province) instead. that's how the situation with Prussia looks like.

When it comes to the general game;

in a great was against France, Spain and several others mights, I took the most profitable provinces of Spain, including captured by them earlier Lisbon and Toledo.
France in Europe is limited to Paris, Palatinate (which was once annexed by me, set free as a vassal because it was calvinist, and then annexed by France despite me declaring war on them), and Languedoc.
Sieges of Wandea and of Kercz were very long.
I destroyed Navarre completely, holstein as well,
reduced Czechy to one vassal province (and it had posessities in northern Germany).
Also, i recuded and vassalised Wales and Puritans.
I started a great missionary action to get rid of all protestants, and then all muslims out of my state.
My German provinces and English ones are orthodox already.
Now, I started a war against England/Denmark/Teutonic Knights. teutonic Knights are already reduced and vassalised, England is entirely conquered (but their Dublin and their colonies aren't... My fleet is still very weak). Denmark is slowly being conquered.
My dear Sweden was so nice to declare war on it too,
but unfortunatelly it backed off later despite it could conquer it easily.
it's year 1756 I think.
Old January 27, 2003, 06:11   #116
Heresson
Emperor

I had a lot of problems at the start of year 1750. The game kept on trashing. I managed to get through that, though;
I loaded the game as another civ and got back to Byzantines when I passed the "crashing" day, january the second.
Old January 27, 2003, 13:08   #117
Main_Brain
King

Lithunia heads for Victory
Well GC that is
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	shake.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	35167  
Old January 28, 2003, 09:50   #118
Main_Brain
King

Lithunia on the Rise
Lithunis is researching TableDancers while chilling and generally minding its own Biz when suddenly attacked by the Evil Swedes!
They dont seem to own tables so Greed took obviously over.
Lit will teach those Pirates of the Bay a Lesson!
In other News: some crazy german seems to spread strange Ideas in Europe..
Pope will surely Tech him a Lesson! Stayed at Catholicism.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	lightlit.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	35260  
Old January 31, 2003, 18:35   #119
Heresson
Emperor

Nice. When it comes to me, I'll start making a map right away.
Old January 31, 2003, 19:10   #120
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Heresson
Nice. When it comes to me, I'll start making a map right away.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!