Old July 23, 2002, 00:20   #1
dakeru
Settler

Local Time: 23:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
looking for multiplayers
I am a bit of a new guy to AC but from playing it seems alot like Civilization. You might say its the thing that happens after your ship lands on AC in Civlization. I still want to try to play online with someone. So my ip is 65.143.231.223 and email is dakeru_the_elf@msn.com
Old July 25, 2002, 15:52   #2
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 05:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i'd be interested in having an ip game where we play for a few hours every few days or so, just started my first multiplayer so im fairly new aswell.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old July 27, 2002, 03:16   #3
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Hi again Laz
I would be willing to try this if we could find a good time to play. Or we could be part of another PBEM here. Do you have the original or expansion also, Dakeru?
Arcainite
Old July 27, 2002, 09:33   #4
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 00:48
Hi guys!

another good place to sign up for PBEM's, and discuss SMAC(X) strategies is at the Civgaming website:

http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Also, as far as IP games are concerned: I don't think you can save them off and then re-start them as IP games later. From my experience the only way you can continue a saved off IP game is thru PBEM. FYI. Regardless, if your getting an IP game up sometime, keep me in mind. E-Mail is dnandal@twcny.rr.com , and I can host if necessary.

D

-=Vel=-
Old July 27, 2002, 18:16   #5
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 05:48
hey arc
the first 50 turns are so short it would still be good to do ip and get them out of the way atleast and then carry on with pbem when the turns take awhile.

darsnan or arc either of u wanna try setting up a quick ip game,taking 10 turns and saving it then trying to load it up as an ip game again 2moro(sunday) sometime to test ?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; July 27, 2002 at 18:26.
Old August 3, 2002, 23:05   #6
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Well, I'm willing to play IP
I am waiting to see people move faster in my game, so I know how bad the PBEM can be sometimes. I accepted your ICQ request to add me to your list, so hopefully you will keep me abridged of the status of this game, because I'd like to learn more. I don't think you ever said if it was going to be expansion or not?
Arcainite
Old August 3, 2002, 23:48   #7
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:48
You can save IP games numerous times

The host (or whoever is going to save the game) has to wait until the rejigging and synchronization finishes at the end of an IP turn, then can save as a normal save game. It can then be restarted either as an IP game or a PBEM game, as many times as you want

Only problem when someone other than the host saves is that on re-opemimng as a continuation IP game, the old host might find that he begins the new year with his turn already completed (so it's best for the original host to set up, save, and restart when next IP'ing)

G.
Old August 4, 2002, 00:53   #8
Emvepe
Settler

Local Time: 04:48
Me and my friend have played numerous IP games and you can save at any time then load up the game again later in another session. I would never play PBEM as it is SLOW!!! If anyone is interested in playing TCP/IP with me my msn is delete_yourself_@hotmail.com. Perhaps we could make a list of players willing to play TCP/IP.