Old July 23, 2002, 01:16   #1
AlmightyBob
Settler

Local Time: 21:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Desperate Defenses by the Almighty Bob
This is my first story attempt hopefully you'll like it, any way give me some feed back so i know how you like it, Im going to write it over a few days and I don't know how long its going to take me, because am a lazy basterd. If i get some good feedback than it will motivate me to write more often, so any way here it goes
- Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket
Old July 23, 2002, 01:17   #2
AlmightyBob
Settler

"Commander our defenses are crumbling, our right flank has been compromised, and our center is in retreat." General Jacques La Crotea stood two miles from the front. Russian artillery rained down around the base, showering him and his aids with dirt and debris. French Infantry men moved down the line looking dejected towards the front. Moving in the opposite direction moved fresh casualties, direct from the intense fighting at the front, many on stretchers, more covered in bandages limping along. "Sir did you here me, we cannot keep up this fight much longer. Sir did you here me."

La Crotea tilted his head toward the sky, straining to hear a sound. He signaled his aids to be silent with his hand. "Sounds like a cruise missile." he said
"I thought we had used our supplies of missiles back at Marseille." One of his aids commented.

Suddenly streak flashed across the sky toward the Russian line, followed by three more. Without warning bright white flashes, one hundred times brighter than the sun, burst across the horizon. "Oh God have merc. . . " That was all the general could say before he and his entire camp were inundated by the light.

Last edited by AlmightyBob; July 23, 2002 at 02:30.
Old July 23, 2002, 02:22   #3
AlmightyBob
Settler

Three days earlier - the Presidential palace - Paris

"Madame Joan I come bearing ill news, our forces are staggered by the onslaught of the Russian Army. I'm afraid the situation is becoming far worse than we first anticipated." Military advisor Geoffrey La Cappella strode into the presidents quarters in his most formal military dress

Joan stood to greet him, she bore the strain of three years of bloody war upon her shoulders, and she was starring the annihilation of her people straight in the face. Joan looked hollow and pale like a skeleton. "How did we ever get to this point Geoffrey? I've been asking myself that question for days now. If I had only know this was going to happen I would have never funded the Russian's war against the Egyptians." The Russians had led a daring campaign against the egyptians destroying them and them atacking the other continantal powers with out warning. the romans fought hard but quickly fell beneth the Russian monster. Now that same monster stared greedily at the firtile valleys and lush hills of France.

"Madame, you know that it seemed like the right thing to do, the Egyptians had terrorized the planet for too many years and the Russians we're such a small empire and hadn't bothered anyone, no one could have foreseen the predicament were now in."

"You say those words kindly to me Geoffrey but you make it sound as if the end is not here, as if there is hope for our empire, but I now believe we are lost, soon my head will be delivered to Catharine on a silver platter just as Cleopatra's and Caesar's were."

"It saddens me to here you speak so dear lady, but do not give up yet, all hope is not lost. I have just spoken to my top advisors and we have made a few adjustments to Operation last stand. As you know before the war we had spent a great deal of time and energy on building our nuclear defenses, and we managed to build quite a nuclear deterrent for use against the Germans and the Americans, who also had nuclear weapons of their own. We did not consider the Russians such a threat at the time because their technology was so far behind ours."

"Geoffrey we have been over this many times, we cannot send nukes against the Russians, the Germans and the Americans would sourly disapprove maybe even join the Russians in our destruction, and even if they didn't destroying the Russian mother land is useless there army is at the gates of Leons not in Russia we would still have them to deal with." Joan raised her eyebrows as she realized what Geoffrey was proposing. "Are you suggesting that we hit the Russian army with our arsenal. we would run the risk of destroying our own troops as well"

"That may very well me true, as entanlged as our line is with the Russian's we could not effectivle destroy the Russian Army without putting our troops in danger, but in concordance with strikes against their major industrial centers in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Stalingrad. We believe that this would buy us enough time to mount a counter offensive, we believe we could push all the way to Rome before the Russians could hold us."

"Rome is not very far, it would only take a small part of their empire."

"True, but it may just be enough, that we could sue for peace and begin to rebuild."

"I do not know about this plan, I need to know more details, I do not like the Idea of bombarding French soil."

Last edited by AlmightyBob; July 23, 2002 at 02:28.
Old July 27, 2002, 17:09   #4
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 23:49
I like this. Keep going ASAP!