Old July 23, 2002, 15:15   #1
Fatwreck
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.29F bug?
I don´t know if this is a bug or just a weird thing going on with my civ... but when I create a Pangea map the system creates not one huge continent as intended (and like it was before I patched to 1.29), but it creates like three or four kinda big continents ...
This happens both if I create a generated map in the editor and in the game as well... Is my civ3 going mad?
Old July 24, 2002, 02:00   #2
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
That happened pre 1.29f frequently.
Old July 24, 2002, 04:21   #3
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 04:52
Kring is right. If it is a bug, it is one since civ 111 went gold.
Old July 24, 2002, 05:24   #4
miike
Chieftain

Actually, if you pick the option for continents, you will get the one giant landmass. They are switched, at least for me. What bothers me, is that there is no variety with the landmasses. When I pick pangea, I start out on my own island, and every other civ starts out on the 2 other larger landmasses. Because, they share advances they grow rapidly. Meanwhile, I am to far away to reach them until I can get more seaworthy vessels. But by then, it is too late. There are some serious flaws in this game, that I don't think will ever be addressed. Like how the computer AI shares all tech info and then either will not trade with me, or asks for alot of gold. Basically, you are playing against one AI opponent that controls the other civs. Not different AI opponents. Really sucks.
Old July 24, 2002, 08:16   #5
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 23:52
Interesting, this happened to me as well. I thought that I was the only one or maybe hit the wrong button.

My first game with 1.29f (it is currently still raging btw) I selected medium continents and ended up with large pangea. Oh well, the game is progressing nicely so I'm sticking with it. However, up until 1.29f I have never experienced this "bug".
Old July 24, 2002, 09:39   #6
Carver
Prince

When I pick pangea I get one humungo landmass and usually one small (about 10 cities) island that no one starts on, along with 1 or 2 microislands (no more than 1 city). I like it.
Old July 24, 2002, 09:53   #7
opaque
Warlord

On a recent game using the Pangea setting I got one continent with me, France and Germany, and one with Persia, Babylon, Japan and India. China had a giant continent to themselves which was barely joined to the one with 4 civs on it. Then there was also a "multicultural" island with several different civ's single cities. The AI just LOVES to settle in every possible place doesn't it?
Old July 24, 2002, 09:59   #8
Carver
Prince

Whenever I chose pangea all the islands are joined by sea if not coastal tiles. So, I guess, from the computer's standpoint all the land is reachable early in the game - which would be the point of pangea. I think a few little islands just gives it charachter.
Old July 24, 2002, 17:49   #9
Fatwreck
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:52
But the thing is that pre 1.29 There was always at least 2 big continents when I chose Pangea, never 4 large continents... I mean come on: Pangea means one supercontinent, not four of em ...
Your method equals wipe out