View Poll Results: My opinion of culture flipping is:
It sucks! Read my scripts! 6 4.08%
It’s not a game feature I like. It’s just not the way I like to play the game. I wish there were a way to turn it off at start-up. 14 9.52%
It’s part of the game. You take what it gives you and then work with it, deal with it or get over it. 70 47.62%
I think it is awesome. It brings out the best of the espionage feature and demonstrates unequivocally that if you have enough money, you can buy just about anything. 27 18.37%
We are the Borg – you will be assimilated. 26 17.69%
Duh-huh?! 4 2.72%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27, 2002, 19:53   #121
Rebel67
Settler

Local Time: 04:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I've had civ 3 since it was released and in that time I've not lost many cities to cuture flipping but I've gained loads. whenever I capture a city I put some of the units that were damaged in the attack inside to garrison it and the rest move to the next city, even if I loose the city to culture flip I have only lost a couple of damaged units that should be relatively easy to replace, and I can probably recapture the city the next turn.
Old August 27, 2002, 20:25   #122
Zachriel
King

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel67
I've had civ 3 since it was released and in that time I've not lost many cities to cuture flipping but I've gained loads.
I actually lose more cities to culture now than I did in the early days. In the old days, culture was a bit of a mystery, so I tended to overbuild on culture. Now that I have a better understanding, I know when it is practical to allow a city a chance to flip.

In this example, Germany (blue) is blitzing the English (orange). When Warwick, the easternmost English city, revolts, it's not a big deal.

http://www.zachriel.com/gotm8/ad1800-EnglishWar.htm