Old July 24, 2002, 14:07   #1
Artifex
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civ trait Opinions? Current Release and Expansion.
What civs have inappropriate traits in your opinion? Which ones are perfectly chosen?

China seems perfect. I think of militaristic and industrious. Good choice.

Do you think that some seem very odd? When I think of Russia I think of Militaristic first and formost. I can't believe they don't have that trait in this game.

Any thoughts on the various civs and thier trait choices? Any changes you would make if you could? Which ones are waay off and which ones are pefectly chosen in your opinion?

What are your predictions for the upcoming expansions 8 new civs and thier traits? If Mongol aren't militaristic I will have a good laugh.
Old July 24, 2002, 14:12   #2
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 22:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Actually, I find the choice of Militaristic for china wrong. China is not know for it martial vigor, in terms of warfare taking a central role in their culture. Commercial or scientific would have bth been better choices for China. As for Russia, militaristic would not be that good either, but neither is scientific. I think some trait like 'authoritarian' or beaurocratic would work better for Russians.

I think the Aztecs were gotten just right with Militaristic and relegious.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old July 24, 2002, 14:14   #3
reefer addict
Warlord

Local Time: 20:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i switched america and frances traits. america shouldnt be scouting out huts and gaining a huge tech advantage early in the game, while there $9 trillion economy is perfect for a commercial civ

the others seem about right to me
Old July 24, 2002, 14:16   #4
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
[Unpolitically-correctness]I think a better trait would be 'disjointed starving peasants' for Russia. [/Unpolitically-correctness]

I really can't think of many things that would be good for Russia... It has a lot of history before the Communist Revolution in 1917, and Russia certainly wasn't miltaristic or scientific before the Communists got into power.

I think Britain's traits are pretty accurate. And Germany's. And probably Rome also. Those are the ones that are most obvious to me.