Old July 24, 2002, 14:31   #1
badams52
King

Local Time: 20:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Strategic Resource AI Exploit (Attached file for Soren)
Quote:
Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis

well, I am pretty sure that "renegotiate every 20 turns" will only benefit the human over the AI. The reason is that if you had a lopsided deal with the AI, IT would decide to renegotiate the deal. In other words, there will never be a situation in which you would benefit from "just being quiet" about the deal expiring because the AI will always ask to renegotiate if it doesn't like the deal.
Actually, I believe I have been able to exploit the computer player at times by trading strategic resourses for luxuries. A couple of times I have traded saltpeter, coal or other strategic resources to a computer player before he has built a road to it. Usually he will be glad to give me luxuries and some gpt. Even once the computer player builds a road to the strategic resource, he wont ask to renegotiate the deal with me, though it seems to be he should. If I renegotiate with him, I can never get the same deal I was getting with him. I wonder why he allows me to trade to him a resource he now has access to, but am more than happy to look the other way.

In the saved attachment, look at my current trade with England. You will see that I am trading Wines, Incense, Silks, Spices and Coal for Furs, Ivory and 4gpt. I first negotiated the trade before England built his road to the coal he has on the large continent. If you renegotiate the deal, I can't trade coal with him anymore and to get the same trade I have to give him 41 gpt. Unless England is trading my coal with someone else that I don't know about, I am certainly getting a good deal. This saved game is from the 1.21 patch as I have not yet enjoyed trying out the 1.29 patch.
Old July 24, 2002, 14:32   #2
badams52
King

Local Time: 20:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Previewing erased the attachment, so here is the attachment.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip strategicresourceexploit.zip (187.5 KB, 0 views)
Old July 24, 2002, 15:03   #3
Akaoz
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This is true in my experiance also.