Which civ is right for me?
Hello

The top five civs I play with are:
1. Zulu
2. Iroquois
3. Persia
4. Babylon
5. Germany
I don't play with any of these civs for a strategic reason, I play with them just because I like them. I am going to describe my civ3 playing traits, and I want someone to tell me which of the 16 civs in the game is right for me.

I am very peaceful until the late industrial and modern ages. I don't fight when my civ is still developing. I never fight any early wars. I am bad at them. At the beginning of the game I usually focus too much on expansion, and much of the time I have way more cities than military units. But once I get to the late industrial and modern ages, I like to fight in huge world wars.

I play on a huge map, cold and wet, 3 billion years, roaming barbarians, with 6-8 civs. (Don't ask about difficulty level, I want a civ that would work well with my traits on all difficulty levels) I usually make 1 or sometimes two civs in the game just for the sole purpose of being allies with them (always a civ near the top of my list), and like wise I make 2-3 civs just for the purpose of being enemies with them (Russia, Greece, and sometimes Japan).

I never put any money on entertainment, and I put as much money as I can but still gaining money on science. I don't backstab the AI. I usually am a republic, but in wartime situations I am a monarchy. I trade much and give small tributes with my allies, but do nothing with my enemies. I also LOVE exploring new areas.

I made carriers carry 6, choppers carry two, lowered corruption, and lowered espionage costs. I also will soon make a jet bomber, with stats in between the bomber and stealth bomber. I also will soon make a fighter bomber. It will be able to do the same missions as jet fighters and jet bombers but with attack and defense not quite as good as a jet fighter and bombard stats worse than a jet bomber, and I might give it precision bombing. I like doing behind the lines missions, I build tons of paratroopers and marines. And I don't build that many nukes.

If there are any more questions you'd like to ask about may gameplay, please ask!

Which of the 16 civs is best for me?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old July 25, 2002, 18:33   #2
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 20:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Either Germans or Americans.
Germans have the late UU (Panzer)
otherwise, go with the Americans
Expansionist - do all the exploration you can handle
Industrious - build all the infrastructure you can handle at record speed
late UU - F-15 -->> A fighter with the stats of a stealth fighter without the stealth.
Old July 25, 2002, 19:24   #3
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Agreed... I'd lean toward Germany, as you'll probably be able to get to Motorized Transportation first.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 25, 2002, 20:28   #4
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 21:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Which civ is right for me?
Do you want a greater challenge with your preferred game settings or maximum advantage given your preferred game settings? Big difference.

If you want to exploit the map settings to your full advantage, I'd go with the Americans (even though they're not on your top 5 list.)

Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod
I play on a huge map, cold and wet, 3 billion years, roaming barbarians, with 6-8 civs.

[. . . .]

I also LOVE exploring new areas.
A huge map with only 6-8 civs screams out for the expansionist trait. Build a bunch of scouts and you will not only explore a lot of new areas, but you will get a LOT of techs and other goodies from goody huts.

"Cold, wet, 3 billion years" suggests that the industrious trait could be very helpful. Since you like to spend a long time building up a very powerful infrastructure (to churn out all those modern units and fight world wars), I'd say that industrious can help you do that most effectively.

Catt