Old July 26, 2002, 13:25   #31
Captain
King

Local Time: 00:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
My hope is that someone from The Court will drop in and post to this thread
here I am. I don't have much time, lunch break. Can't comment on specifics but I wanted to let you know we are here.

AFAIK the Court has not decided anything (including whether this has merit), Judge Epistax has just listed it as something we need to look at since we don't want to ignore anything and it's already been publicly posted (not by us). cool your heels everyone. do not panic or jump to conclusions. we will get to it soon and you can trust us to be fair. apparently this is just a ruling about a poll and not anything against jdd2007 (btw there are no laws about prosecuting individuals who are not officials).

I cannot make any further comments on this specific case until I consult with the remaining Judges. while we do not have a senior Judge yet, I suggest you speak with Rt. Hon. Epistax as he has taken the initiative in setting things up.

Quote:
I would prefer, in the future, that The Court itself post case threads and that citizens PM possible cases to The Court for submission.
In agreement. That is how I envisioned it. However, since the procedures were never fully clarified, it is understandable.

In the future, please PM either the Senior Judge (not yet chosen) or all of us, to avoid this sort of public panic. Also, please avoid titling the thread in a misleading manner. The Court has no power to prosecute individuals who are not officials. We may rule on a poll, but not do anything to the poll-maker. If possible, please retitle this appropriately.

Please be patient while all Judges are contacted.

Judge Captain
Old July 26, 2002, 13:40   #32
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 00:00
I will just drop a note in here that it might be a bit.

First the judges are setting up a meeting (we want at least four of the five) to decide how trials will work. That will most likely happen Sat. night. After, I think we can take on case 1 or 2, whichever can schedule sooner.

I do not think it would be a good idea for any judge to express any sort of opinion on any case before it goes to trial.

Sorry for the initial delays, but the COL stopped short of describing trials. If everything goes as planned, we will be able to take actions soon.

I know it is stated in the COL that a thread must be posted for each court case, but I would request the plaintiff to PM a judge, the judge PM the defendant. We don't want to take anyone by surprise. The court amendment might need to be amended in the future, we'll see.
Old July 26, 2002, 13:44   #33
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nice starting statements from our Judges!

Fair, informative, and just well put.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 26, 2002, 15:03   #34
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 06:00
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Second, I will not allow the Bill of Rights to EVER be violated .
Awww! I hope you won't hit me so hard, if I do...
Old July 26, 2002, 18:00   #35
Kramerman
Prince

hmmmm.... this will be interesting
Old July 26, 2002, 18:10   #36
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:00
well your not being charged, K
Old July 26, 2002, 18:20   #37
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Relax jdd.

No one would be on trial here (that I can see). You have a position, you stated it. If the court considers this issue, it will be based on the ideas and the law, not the people involved.
Old July 26, 2002, 19:13   #38
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
well your not being charged, K
Well, im not being charged yet. But there is alot of talk going around that I ate punkbass2000.... which is a dirty, blatent lie! I do not eat ministers, no matter how much i want to!

mmmm..... bass.....
Old July 26, 2002, 21:26   #39
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

kman. it is well documented that the americans, throught the use of their spyder daemon allies, have kidnapped punkbass2k and are holding him for ransom. That is one of the reasons our armies march on washington as we speak. We know that you didn't eat him, particularly as we are currently out of both lemon and garlic, so there is no way you or anyone else could properly serve up a minister.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 26, 2002, 22:10   #40
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Part of the point of this was to establish standards for ho the court would run through an example. Now that it has been mentioned, I agree i should have pmed a judge first.

My argument is that if jdd's post i quoted (about "being flexible") is merely speculation, the poll is unclear about whether or not the new census would actually have any official effect on the game. If it is not speculation but truly a clarification of the poll, it violates the bill of rights.

However, I will back down now. I do not want to create more chaos. However, I hope that having an example such as this one has brought up some important questions about court proceedings and such.

However, if the census is put into place with it limiting the rights of members not in the census to vote and that was not adopted by amedment, I WILL sue to change that when I get back from vacation.

I believe the best thing to happen now is that if the new census system passes to have it NOT limit voting. That would end all argument.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 26, 2002, 22:18   #41
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thank you civman2000. Enjoy the vacation.
Peace

--Con
Old July 26, 2002, 22:44   #42
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
kman. it is well documented that the americans, throught the use of their spyder daemon allies, have kidnapped punkbass2k and are holding him for ransom. That is one of the reasons our armies march on washington as we speak. We know that you didn't eat him, particularly as we are currently out of both lemon and garlic, so there is no way you or anyone else could properly serve up a minister.
But i didn't use lemon or garlic, banana suace made him taste deli..... ohh ....uhhh.... made him taste my new banana dish i make - shortly before he disapeared. He loved it.... right. Well, Im sure he'll turn up, and if not, im glad im leaving the country soon on expedition...

Kman
Old July 27, 2002, 10:54   #43
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Part of the point of this was to establish standards for ho the court would run through an example. Now that it has been mentioned, I agree i should have pmed a judge first.

My argument is that if jdd's post i quoted (about "being flexible") is merely speculation, the poll is unclear about whether or not the new census would actually have any official effect on the game. If it is not speculation but truly a clarification of the poll, it violates the bill of rights.

However, I will back down now. I do not want to create more chaos. However, I hope that having an example such as this one has brought up some important questions about court proceedings and such.

However, if the census is put into place with it limiting the rights of members not in the census to vote and that was not adopted by amedment, I WILL sue to change that when I get back from vacation.

I believe the best thing to happen now is that if the new census system passes to have it NOT limit voting. That would end all argument.
case closed then?
Old July 27, 2002, 14:15   #44
GodKing
Emperor

I would say yes, case closed.

--Con
Old July 27, 2002, 14:16   #45
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:00
I REALLY dont care at all about this case, it's just filling space in the forums which could be used for better purposes!