Old August 7, 2002, 03:28   #61
kettyo
Warlord

Local Time: 06:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Brinoch
25. AI Destroyer can hit multiple subs it cannot see in one turn
Not just the AI, your ships could blitz them too !
Old August 7, 2002, 06:20   #62
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
Jaybe, I think it was the last option... they didn't want to give up their hard work

kettyo, are you sure? I've seen the AI attack a sub after bombing (I think, there were so many ships around that it was hard to tell who did the bombing), while I'm positive that I was not allowed attack a sub after bombing.
Besides, why would it be possible to blitz subs, when you're not allowed to blitz ships? Even if it would be possible for the human too, I can't see any reason why it would be possible. I think it is a bug, and I can imagine that if you lose 3 subs on one destroyer, you don't like the bug either

DeepO
Old August 7, 2002, 11:49   #63
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 22:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
O, just give your modern ships 'blitz' capability. Kill 2 (or more) birds with one blitz!
(If you haven't already seen it, my mods (that MS Word file) available upon request).
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old August 8, 2002, 10:51   #64
dawidge
Warlord

Local Time: 23:00
Could someone at least check that my intercept lockup isn't just my machine? I'm going to have to restart Alamo because of the lockup (I could go back to the autosave, but I want to try some different things to save the bulk of the inland sea fleet).
Old August 8, 2002, 11:04   #65
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

dawidge, I haven't had time the past few days to play civ3, and tonight probably neither. However, when I get back from work I will do a quick run of your game to see whether I have the same problems. I'll post results in a few hours...

DeepO
Old August 8, 2002, 12:27   #66
DeepO
Emperor

Dawidge, I just tested your save, and I have the same problem. It crashes the game...

DeepO
Old August 8, 2002, 18:23   #67
dawidge
Warlord

Thanks, DeepO. That's a major bummer. I'd go back to the autosave, except that that is *exactly* where I want the carrier (merged the healthy units of two fleets and sent the injured back to port) at that point of the game.
Old August 8, 2002, 18:46   #68
DeepO
Emperor

Now that you mention it, I had a similar problem in MT IV. I don't know whether it was on the dateline, but that could very well have been... I don't think that it is a problem that the carrier is there, it is more a problem of where the bomber boms before it gets intercepted. In my case, a bomber wanted to take out some terrain improvements, and a nearby fighter intercepted him. I had to solve it by putting a unit there, so the bomber focused on another tile instead.

If you could move all ships to be one tile NE or SW of them (or something similar, I don't have the save right now to check what would be possible), maybe you can still make a stack of healthy and injured units, defended by the carrier. But indeed, you have to go back to the autosave

DeepO
Old August 8, 2002, 18:58   #69
dawidge
Warlord

I metioned that it happened to me twice. The first time was in MT4. Japan was isolated in what had once been the last Russian city (...and was now the last Japanese city) andtried bombing the 8 MA parked outside - lockup. I went back to the pre-end-turn save and made some other attacks (against Germany) and while I was at it, stuff more troops into Osaka (as long as I already *know* it's going to flip the next turn, I might as well fix it, even if 30 MI weren't enough the first time) The Japanese AI chose not to bomb the next time I ended the turn.
Old August 9, 2002, 21:53   #70
DeepO
Emperor

29. AI ships will follow your cultural borders, just in view
A lot have beens said here about the AI naval tactics, and although this is not a new thing, I want to mention this one too. The AI will nearly always follow your borders with it's ships, instead of going through them. Good, that is not a bad idea, but with just a little trouble it would be much better: If the AI ships would move just one tile from your borders, you can't automatically spot them, and have to scout for them. This would mean that surprise attacks are really possible, while now this are just a matter of bad luck with the map. An easy improvement that will net much gain...

This is my last bug/improvement from the Alamo scenario, I finally made it to the last turn. Maybe one final thing: the AI will not build thier spaceships... they had all opportunities to do so, but have never gone farther then their first part. This is a pitty, as the whole point of the scenario was to make it a space race... I would have hoped that in 1.29f the AIs would at least do some effort to build their ships, but nothing happened

DeepO
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	alamobug29.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	21868