Old July 27, 2002, 17:55   #1
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nuclear Issue?
Has anyone else noticed that when you allow the governor to manage production, it will not build an ICBM until you create one manually, or is it just me? As an example, I have taken over three civs and have myself isolated on two islands. Initially the cities’ build orders are by a queue and now that I have filled out both islands I am turning production over to the “gov.” I set my often/sometimes/never for each attribute, break out my book and settle in for the big build-up. (Offence, Artillery Air and Sea are set to often.) Seven turns later, I have yet to produce one single nuke.

So I take two cities and give them a queue of ten nukes each, when the next turn starts I see a few other cities building nukes. I don’t know, maybe I was having to much fun trading with and spying on the other civs, but then I notice all my cities that had finished building all the improvements they could build were building ICBMs. Very cool! Until I consult my military advisor and discover I have over 400 of them. (Don’t worry I can afford it.)

My question is: To stop the “gov” from building nukes, do I stop it from building Offence, Artillery or Air units?
Old July 27, 2002, 19:44   #2
NeoStar
Warlord

Local Time: 15:04
It wouldn't be air units. If you look at your editor it is set as a 'land unit'.
"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)
Old July 28, 2002, 18:28   #3
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:04
OK, so offence or artillery? Unless someone comes up with an answer I guess I wont find out until my next game - I have too many units, and the civs that are left can't destroy enough to make a building spree worthwhile. Would it be politically incorrect to nuke the Japanese?