Old July 28, 2002, 00:59   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 00:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Minister of War and Vice President Decision to make
We have a government crisis and the game has not even started yet! No one is running for Minister of War and there will be no losers in any of the elections (unless a write in wins) to choose a fill in minister from. Admittedly the VP is only around to be a safeguard if the president dissapears and to make the elections for the next month, and his function can be easily be taken on by another member of the cabinet. I'm not trying to make the VP position seem worthless, however, the Mar Minister position is much more vital and having a minister perform both his normal duties in addition to the war ministry is too much. It is probably also too much to ask the president to perform that task too. So we need suggestions on what we can do to fill in the gap.

I consider these possible options:
1)Have the president ask for someone to volunteer
2)perhaps have ALL the cabinet members cover an area of the map on military options. example: science covers the southern quadrant, expansion the east, foriegn the west and city planner the north. Sort of a War cabinet.
3)The foriegn minister perform both duties, we aren't going to meet anyone very soon or have embassies that we can build yet.
4)The president performs the requirements of office.
5)Citizens make up plans based upon detailed map postings by the president with help from other ministers. (I volunteer to help post pictures)
6)???

Discuss
Old July 28, 2002, 01:09   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:05
6. Someone nominates themself in order to keep the Civ2 Demo game going.

/me puts up his hand as a nominee for SMC once again.

I may not want to be stuck in this as a permanent obligation, but I reckon I owe it to everyone, at least for one term.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 28, 2002, 09:11   #3
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
6. Someone nominates themself in order to keep the Civ2 Demo game going.

* MrWhereItsAt puts up his hand as a nominee for SMC once again.

I may not want to be stuck in this as a permanent obligation, but I reckon I owe it to everyone, at least for one term.
I was just got to nominate you Mr.WIA.

Now about VP, the only reason why I would be gone for a while is, if the computer brakes.
Old July 29, 2002, 06:01   #4
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:05
I'd be happy to throw my hand up for either role, if no one else is interested.
Old July 29, 2002, 07:13   #5
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 07:05
So there is a solution.
In any case, what's a military planning in the beginning... I wait for colours arrows on the dark part of the map !
The world beeing discovered during playing, military advice is only the preview attitude in front of a hut or in contact with another civ (on a large or giga map, we may explore many turns before meeting other people ! )
without forgetting barbs, of course...