Old July 28, 2002, 11:14   #1
Timchy
Settler

Local Time: 06:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ideas (please take a look)
Because I don't know how to mod Civ III (I'm trying to learn now) it's a bit unfair to tell you guyz, experinced modders, what to do. But I have some sugestions; tell me what you think:

1.) There should be more types of alliances. Like military (NATO) in whitch the two or more partyes would attack a common foe if needed, economical (European Union) in whitch two or more countries would get more money from trade and simbolical (like the UN) in whitch choices would be made (if you want to attack a nation without the permission of this council the regard for your nation would worsen). In military alliances you could decide the intensity of that perticular alliance (real-time map exchange, spy info, right of passage of military units and right of passage of non-military units. All this choces would be up to the player).

2.) Trade taxation. If trade between two nations was made over the territory of a third county it would get come of the trade rout's money. The player could decied how high the toll would be in procentage.

3.) Liberation movements fuding. An option not to start a revolution, but mearly a funding. You could even give them old units that you don't need anymore.

4.) The regard among nation with same goverments should be higher than with thouse with different.

5.) Different types of trade. Not only trading resources but also buying units. If you are a peaceful nation, rich, but in danger of an assault you could buy units from another civ.

This is it for the time being. Like you can see I have a lot of ideas and no clue how to put them into reality. Can someone please make a point to point explanation if the point in question is even possible to do/make. Thank you. If anyone decides to do any of the things listed here I would be most happy to help with ideas, or if you teach me how, with programming.
Old July 28, 2002, 11:21   #2
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 06:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Ideas (please take a look)
Quote:
Originally posted by Timchy
Because I don't know how to mod Civ III (I'm trying to learn now) it's a bit unfair to tell you guyz, experinced modders, what to do. But I have some sugestions; tell me what you think:
Timchy,
I am not a modder either, but I believe I have a pretty good idea what can be modded. Although your ideas are pretty good/interesting, I am afraid none of them can be implemented with the current editor. All of them fall into the category "must be done by Firaxis". You can do absolutely nothing to get them into the game, but post them here and hope for Firaxians to read them and possibly implement them in a patch one day (AFAIK, the unit trading is on the official wish list).