Old July 28, 2002, 20:30   #1
Chieftess
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Chieftess

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PNN - Phoenatican News Network
This is PNN!

Hello, and welcome to PNN, International Edition. Allow me to introduce who we are. PNN gives a weekly update on what is happening in our nation. Our main headquarters is located here, in Fox Nest, Phoenatica. As your people do not have television (it is like a rock with paintings that move), we are giving you our transcripts. We look forward to this cultural media exchange.
Old July 28, 2002, 20:31   #2
Chieftess
Chieftess

--- Incoming transmittion via S.E.T.I. from Fox Nest, Phoenatica ---

THE SINO-IROQUOIS WARS COME TO AN END

In a brilliant military campaign, commanded by General Falcon, our armies swept through what is now known as Nouva Terra: Salamanca, Niagara Falls (Mokra), Cattaraugus, and Allegheny. Much celebration was to be had when our people received the news that we had taken Salamanca. We got the pyramids, Leo's Workshop, and Copernicus Observitory. All of our troops not stationed to defend our cities were rushed to the war front to quelch the resistance. The Chinese cities quickly fell to a few of our tanks, and a need transport. After 3 cities were taken with just a handful of our tanks, A commander who goes by the name "Mr. T" said of the Chinese, "I pity the fools who use pikes!".

THE ASPHINXIAN GOLDEN AGE

If there ever was a golden age for a province, this is it. Asphinxia was not only the staging grounds for defending against the Iroquois invasion, they were the site of the recent banquet. Many citizens and dignitaries came, giving speeches, entertaining the party goers, and holding debates. The most interesting of which included Shaitan singing, and the Boil-Steamed Crab Debate. General Falcon was quoted saying, "We've gotta tell the world how they need to fix crabs"! President Chieftess even got in on the debate, siding with the Steam Crab side.

SPICE TRADERS GUILD RELOCATES

One of the oldest citizens groups in the nation is changing their headquarters to Arrakis, formerly Ayang. Chieftess was quoted as saying the move was due to its' more central location. The headquarters at Fox Next will remain as the Northern Branch. The STG Southern Branch is in Delphi.

ELECTION TIME

It's the elections again, and this time, there were plenty of posistions open! In fact, 2 provinces remain unfilled. Some blame the new law allowing only 1 government posistion per nominee, others blame 6 new posistion brought on by the new constitution, and expansion into Iroquois territory. While it may not be as exciting as Term 3, there are a few must-watch races! The Department of Science posistion is being decided between 2 former science leaders, Civanator and Strider! At last count, the two were in a virtual tie. The other race to watch, once again, is the Presidential Race. Chieftess and Donsig, also 2 presidents, are vying for the Term 5 spot, which may be the last term before our victory is met.
Old July 28, 2002, 22:12   #3
jdd2007
NationStates
King

interesting...
Old July 28, 2002, 22:18   #4
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 21:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Excuse me, but what in the... heck is this post about? And what in tarnation is Phoenatica?
Old July 28, 2002, 22:21   #5
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:07
i believe... they are trying to tell us what is going on in there game....

how propagandic!
Old July 28, 2002, 23:04   #6
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 21:07
ummm...what game is that?

I never paid attention to the previous posts about this... Phoenatica.
Old July 28, 2002, 23:08   #7
Chieftess
Chieftess

There is a post in our game, telling us about your game. (The Jungle Gazette, I believe). So, it's only fitting that we do the same.
Old July 28, 2002, 23:10   #8
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Donal Graeme
ummm...what game is that?

I never paid attention to the previous posts about this... Phoenatica.
its the civ3 demo game of Civilization Fanatics Site, the #2 civ site
Old July 28, 2002, 23:10   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:07
Such cultural exchanges can do us nothing but good.

When can we have a hockey game?
Old July 28, 2002, 23:59   #10
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I think I'm free Saturday...

PNN Coverage of the Phoenatican Election can be found at this thread. Not that anyone here cares...
Old July 29, 2002, 01:05   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:07
/me looks forward to when technology allows the establishment of an ABBC (Apolytonian Banana Broadcasting Corporation)

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 29, 2002, 01:34   #12
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

can you guys give us Motorized Transportation? c'mon...

we can afford 5 or 6 gpt if we have to.
Old July 29, 2002, 01:36   #13
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Old July 29, 2002, 02:24   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:07
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
can you guys give us Motorized Transportation? c'mon...

we can afford 5 or 6 gpt if we have to.
No Uber.....They are our most trusted friends. They will probably honor that friendship and give it to us in goodwill.
Old July 29, 2002, 02:49   #15
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We're sorry, it's against our policy to sell such technology to such primitive states. However, if a certain amount of money was added to my bank account...
Old July 29, 2002, 03:10   #16
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
We're sorry, it's against our policy to sell such technology to such primitive states. However, if a certain amount of money was added to my bank account...

Our allies turn their backs on us?! This atrocity shall have to go into the paper....
Old July 29, 2002, 04:13   #17
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 15:07
I smell a trade war!
Old July 29, 2002, 05:00   #18
Almightyjosh
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007

its the civ3 demo game of Civilization Fanatics Site, the #2 civ site
An interesting counting system you have here. obviously it goes:
2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
That would make Apolyton the #1 civ site, wouldn't it?
Old July 29, 2002, 05:02   #19
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Almightyjosh

An interesting counting system you have here. obviously it goes:
2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
That would make Apolyton the #1 civ site, wouldn't it?
Not all counting systems are alike...Unlike your (2,1,3) system, we go:

(I think I just sparked an international incident )
Old July 29, 2002, 06:16   #20
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:07
GOT IT!

Tass - I thought before you were an American spy (remember? ), but now it's all so clear.

You have been masquerading as a 'Poly citizen in order to stir up a disagreement with Phoenatica. Seeing "one of our own" involved in a losing debate, it is certain some 'Poly citizens would jump in to help you, thus sparking a war of words that would quickly escalate. Next thing you know Phoenatic citizens would be volunteering to spy here, causing mayhem and destruction whilst they are doing so.

Tass is a spy, working not for either government, but for a radical breakaway group that calls themselves "Fanatics" - to bring down both nations!

President Ninot and Head of the Dept of Public Works GoodFella - I believe there is a worker squad being sent to the depths of the Notylopa jungle that has a spare shovel...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 29, 2002, 07:36   #21
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

i demand war with Phonatica!!!!!!!!
Old July 29, 2002, 07:51   #22
Falcon02
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
i demand war with Phonatica!!!!!!!!
You'd regert it at this point, TRUST me . We've got tons of Tanks and Mech. Inf. Every AI which has come against us (and we've actually been able to attack at the time of their agression) has crumbled under our feet. And now with our distance tech advantage over you... well... your spears may kill a FEW tanks, but they can't stop 'em all.

Ohh and I forgot our Bombard Ability with lots of Artillary and Bombers that will bring any spear down to 1 HP if we do encounter a problem.
Old July 29, 2002, 08:03   #23
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 06:07
The Americans failed in Vietnam with all their tanks, bombers and leather necks. They lost the war in the jungle. We have lots and lots of jungle here, so be warned .
Old July 29, 2002, 11:40   #24
Almightyjosh
Settler

hehe, jungle smungle!!
I'm the governor of one of 12 provinces in Phoenatica and I firmly belive that with the DOZENS of artillary, DOZENS of bombers, DOZENS of mech infantry, armies, tanks and one immortal in my province ALONE I could set myself up a nice little empire over here. But don't mind me, Falcon's in charge of the millitary might of the entire nation, just don't get him angry or we might have to breifly pause in our march across our planet and load some immortal warriors onto a spaceship...
Old July 29, 2002, 11:46   #25
Falcon02
Settler

for the most part (guns and explosives). I don't deny low-tech spear booby-traps were used or weren't effective against soldiers, I'm just saying they couldn't have gotten us out by those low-tech weapons alone.

BTW: If we had taken an offensive against North Vietnam (ie. Invade not just Linebacker II, bombing of North Vietnam, so a ground invasion) we MIGHT have won the biggest concern was bringing China into the war... like in Korea. Of Course the source of greatest uncertianty would be the "Underground" against the Democratic Vietnam government. Cause the NVA would be gone and the VietCong would remain as a threat. If we had attempted to take North Vietnam and China didn't jump in the VietCong would have been a MAJOR problem for the Democratic Vietnamese Government at the very least. That might have caused us to stay there longer to help 'em, and then increase the feeling that we were a "occupying" army and potentially increased support for the VietCong and eventually cause an overthrow of the government. But, this of course is all speculation, if we had taken North Vietnam the VietCong might also have died off after a while. But no one can really say for sure about the "what if" questions.

Sorry about going off on a tanget, I'm a bit of a History Nut. But anyway, guerilla warfare isn't accounted for in Civ III, so....

Last edited by Falcon02; July 29, 2002 at 11:53.
Old July 29, 2002, 12:23   #26
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
GOT IT!

Tass - I thought before you were an American spy (remember? ), but now it's all so clear.

You have been masquerading as a 'Poly citizen in order to stir up a disagreement with Phoenatica. Seeing "one of our own" involved in a losing debate, it is certain some 'Poly citizens would jump in to help you, thus sparking a war of words that would quickly escalate. Next thing you know Phoenatic citizens would be volunteering to spy here, causing mayhem and destruction whilst they are doing so.

Tass is a spy, working not for either government, but for a radical breakaway group that calls themselves "Fanatics" - to bring down both nations!

President Ninot and Head of the Dept of Public Works GoodFella - I believe there is a worker squad being sent to the depths of the Notylopa jungle that has a spare shovel...
*Sigh* May I remind you of a four letter word that beings with a P and ends with an N?

Thank you, and banana bless.
Old July 29, 2002, 22:48   #27
Octavian X
King

Why would we bother sending our tanks? The immortals could do it...
Old July 30, 2002, 05:10   #28
disorganizer
Prince

Tass:
PhoenaticaN? no. more than 4 letters...

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!
Old July 30, 2002, 05:14   #29
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by disorganizer
Tass:
PhoenaticaN? no. more than 4 letters...

you flatter yourself too much. :P
Old August 5, 2002, 02:53   #30
disorganizer
Prince

Newsflash:
About to win!
The next turnchat on wednesday will propably be the place for victory celebrations, as we will culturally dominate our world.

We would like to invite all foreigners residing in phoenatica at that time to join the party at sunshine beach resort.

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!