Old July 30, 2002, 03:59   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Not a good month.
On wednesday, I am going to Cape Cod (Not by my own free will, mind you. My wife it taking me.....*sigh*)

Therefore, I cannot gaurentee that I will release the Wendesday edition in time or even at all this week. I will try my hardest, but if I am unable to....forgive me.

however, I will probably be able to. About a 99.9 percent chance, but theres always that possibility of that .1 chance kicking in...

However, do not think I am not watching. I'll be back sunday (hopefully...) and I'll catch up. Both in chat and on the forums. Nobody is safe, MWIA!

So, hopefully it'll get out.
Old July 30, 2002, 04:07   #2
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 15:10
Hang in there, Brother Tassadar. What's wrong with Cape Cod? Not very interesting?
Old July 30, 2002, 04:08   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Hang in there, Brother Tassadar. What's wrong with Cape Cod? Not very interesting?
*Sigh* not very interesting for a person like me....But my wife, on the other hand, is excited.
Old July 30, 2002, 06:04   #4
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

What do they have there that you're not interested in?
Old July 30, 2002, 06:07   #5
Nubclear

Quote:
What do they have there that you're not interested in?
I dunno, its just....I'd rather go to Canberra or Berlin or Moscow or Leningrad....not cape cod. But that's just me.
Old July 30, 2002, 06:10   #6
Mr. President
Emperor

I've been to Canberra and I can say I'd rather go to Berlin or Moscow or Leningrad too. Anyway, best wishes. You never know when something fun might happen, so keep your eyes open!
Old July 30, 2002, 06:52   #7
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 01:10
I see you have discovered the usefulness of *sigh* as well, Tassadar
Old July 30, 2002, 06:56   #8
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I see you have discovered the usefulness of *sigh* as well, Tassadar
I discovered it long ago, ask Trip.
Old July 30, 2002, 07:01   #9
Mr. President
Emperor

There's plenty to sigh about. The falling Wall Street indices, the giant asteroid seventeen years from Earth, and the fact that Apolyton causes brain damage for starters.
Old July 30, 2002, 07:05   #10
Nubclear

Quote:
There's plenty to sigh about. The falling Wall Street indices, the giant asteroid seventeen years from Earth, and the fact that Apolyton causes brain damage for starters.
Speaking of which....I'm pleased to report that the Jungle Gazette shall be completly ready for Wednesday! I thought I would go to sleep a lot sooner than this, but since I did not I had an opprituinity to work on the gazette.

Last edited by Nubclear; July 30, 2002 at 07:13.
Old July 30, 2002, 09:50   #11
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:10
Glad to hear it. It has been over 20 years since I was on cape cod (Elvis was still in public.....not hiding out at some fast food joint in Kalamazoo....)

The one thing I do remember is the largest army surplus store that I have ever seen.... Wonder if it is still there?

Enjoy the trip. My submittal has been delayed (yet again....) due to working late. Hopefully I will have a chance to email it this afternoon, else I shall try for this weekend edition. Thanks.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 30, 2002, 11:31   #12
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 00:10
/me points out ANOTHER HIGH RANKING DIA leaving you.

when timeline leaves for a week, Uber shall Reign Supreme

Old July 30, 2002, 12:31   #13
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Speaking of which....I'm pleased to report that the Jungle Gazette shall be completly ready for Wednesday! I thought I would go to sleep a lot sooner than this, but since I did not I had an opprituinity to work on the gazette.

Woohoo!!!

I may have a last minute addition or two, but they can always wait for SAT.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 30, 2002, 15:18   #14
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
* UberKruX points out ANOTHER HIGH RANKING DIA leaving you.

when timeline leaves for a week, Uber shall Reign Supreme

Don't worry, I'll still have a computer.
Old July 30, 2002, 15:30   #15
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:10
Quote:
Not very updated, eh? The apocalypse is not coming, the newest news tell us that the asteroid won't hit us(as all the others.. ). I'm glad you isn't our news editor! [Or are you? I haven't been here for some time... )
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old July 30, 2002, 15:31   #16
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai

Not very updated, eh? The apocalypse is not coming, the newest news tell us that the asteroid won't hit us(as all the others.. ). I'm glad you isn't our news editor! [Or are you? I haven't been here for some time... )
Actually, it may hit in 2060. But what do I know? A lot.

Anyway....Nope, he isnt the editor. I am! muhahahaha
Old July 30, 2002, 15:40   #17
Nikolai
Deity

Actually, another danger may come earlier... I once read an interesting article, who told about the mayan propherties(sp?). The mayans actually had a calendar that was as good as our, and they also had very good knowledge about the universe. Well, the case is, that their calendar is telling us that the poles of Earth will change in 2012, so that the north pole will become the south pole! And the worst: Our scientist can tell us that this will happen sooner or later, we just don't know exactly when... Let's pray, shall we?
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old July 30, 2002, 15:48   #18
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Sistery Miriam Godwinson
Actually, another danger may come earlier... I once read an interesting article, who told about the mayan propherties(sp?). The mayans actually had a calendar that was as good as our, and they also had very good knowledge about the universe. Well, the case is, that their calendar is telling us that the poles of Earth will change in 2012, so that the north pole will become the south pole! And the worst: Our scientist can tell us that this will happen sooner or later, we just don't know exactly when... Let's pray so that the lord may give us mercy, shall we? - Sister Miriam Godwinson, "Its The End of the World"
No. Banana shall save us. Anyway, this thread has turned to and should be locked and imprisoned.
Old July 30, 2002, 15:50   #19
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

OMG earth crust displacement theory.

The planets aligning to put combined gravitational force on the dense ice caps and pulling them right round to the equator.

All dinosaurs dying.

Scientists diging in the ice caps finding that extremely deep ice was formed when the poles where in a different position.
Old July 30, 2002, 15:50   #20
Nikolai
Deity

Oh, I think this is interesting! But I guess you're right...
Old July 30, 2002, 18:24   #21
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

How is this related to the civ 3 demo game, if it does, only by a very thin strand!!
Old July 30, 2002, 18:28   #22
Nikolai
Deity

But why: Tassadar is soooooooo important to us apolytonians!
Old July 30, 2002, 18:35   #23
Nikolai
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
OMG earth crust displacement theory.

The planets aligning to put combined gravitational force on the dense ice caps and pulling them right round to the equator.

All dinosaurs dying.

Scientists diging in the ice caps finding that extremely deep ice was formed when the poles where in a different position.
Actually, you're wrong. The theory I'm talking about, is this: Every X million years, the sun's poles swiches. After some thousand years, the poles of Earth does too. It can happen in two ways: Either the poles swich in a way that doesn't harm us much, or, which is most problable, the poles wander all over the Earth, and deforms it where it goes. This will make huge disorder, and the mayans meant that this would destroy our civilization in a way.
Old July 30, 2002, 18:43   #24
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Local Time: 23:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Er, sorry, but planetary alignments don't have any discernible effect on Earth.

Never heard about polar switching causing deformities, though. How'd they determine that?
Old July 30, 2002, 18:47   #25
Epistax
Prince

Local Time: 00:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
Er, sorry, but planetary alignments don't have any discernible effect on Earth.

Never heard about polar switching causing deformities, though. How'd they determine that?
Random info time!

The sun's poles actually change every eleven days*, and they are largely responsible for sun spots. Likewise, all magnets big and small switch their poles after a certain amount of time. The earth switches every few million years. Any magnet you have in your house would take longer to flip than the universe has apparently existed**.

* Estimation. I don't remember if it was rounded up or down to this, or if it's even exactly static (the sun is not), so it might different depending on thermonuclear reactions at a given time.

** I do not buy into the 'big bang' theory where nothing existed before hand. How presumptuous.
Old July 30, 2002, 19:35   #26
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
Er, sorry, but planetary alignments don't have any discernible effect on Earth
I should have known better than to try this one here.

Usually I can get people really scared by telling them this, as it's belivable to the layman.
Old July 31, 2002, 00:50   #27
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:10
With the Earth's pole reversals, no-one knows how quick they generally take, but palaeomagnetics shows transition times of as little as a hundred years or so.

Then compasses would not work properly, and countless forms of EM based devices would screw up also.

The Internet and 'Poly might not work either, and I don't think there is anything worse to fear than that!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

However, do not think I am not watching. I'll be back sunday (hopefully...) and I'll catch up. Both in chat and on the forums. Nobody is safe, MWIA!
Why Tass - whatever do you mean?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!