Old July 30, 2002, 20:42   #1
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 01:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Faces of Apolyton #10: DanQ (Part II)
Faces of Apolyton #10: DanQ (Part II)

http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/foa_10danq2_1.shtml

Comments welcome.

-------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old July 30, 2002, 22:19   #2
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 23:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
interesting

Jon miller
Old July 30, 2002, 23:52   #3
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 00:13
Good interview. I always feel bad for you Dan since you don't always get the recognition you deserve.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 31, 2002, 00:40   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Interesting, but... We want the man. First date, first... you know. Where's Chris? Oh yeah

BTW, did anyone hit the link to the Shareware site?

And for the very last time, how did he escape the polar bear?!
Old July 31, 2002, 00:49   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Nice.
Old July 31, 2002, 12:01   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:13
Good interview dan. Thanks for mentioning me

Once again, an amazingly good, amazingly long interview
Old July 31, 2002, 20:31   #7
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Yeah... it would have been nice to get more "personal" information about DanQ... But still...

A great interview.
Old July 31, 2002, 23:13   #8
tniem
King

Bring on part 3!

I am serious. Let's get some more about what he is up to in his life now outside of Apolyton and outside the web. There has to be at least another interview out of that. I want more on the man.

P.S. I enjoyed this part of the interview. Well done, informative and fun to read. I just simply refuse to believe that is all there is to know about Dan.
Old August 2, 2002, 12:41   #9
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 08:13
It's not all there's to know... maybe there will be a sequel to this, but... why not . Dan?
Old August 4, 2002, 22:51   #10
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

First, thank you to all for the kind words on this article to date. Now, there seems to be a high demand for a "Part III" for this interview. First, I'm flattered ; second, I'm seriously considering it.

My question in response to those who are looking for this: what is it exactly that you are looking to know that has not yet been addressed?

------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old August 5, 2002, 00:24   #11
tniem
King

I would like to know more about your non-online life.

Questions about how you balance website, life, school, and seven dozen girlfriends would help me in my own life .

Seriously, though, unless your entire life is only Apolyton, there has to be a lot more to you. Let's here about your hobbies, what your school is like, personal things like that. I guess the biggest thing is that Solver and Chris have such different interview approaches. Chris seems to go for more about your life while Solver is looking to show off what you have done for Apolyton. I think both approaches are great and they both do a really good job with them. I almost wish that in the future both of them would take a shot at an interview with someone and they would both get such radically different results and directions. So I guess what most of us are saying is that we loved the Solver info portion of the interview, now when is the Chris personal info coming?
Old August 5, 2002, 02:39   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:13
Quote:
second, I'm seriously considering it.
[Mr Burns voice] Exxccccellent!!! [/Mr Burns voice]
Old August 5, 2002, 05:37   #13
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Dan: before we consider making a Part III (I like the idea, really enjoyed first two), we need to finish the other thing we're currently working on in regards to the interview, you know what I mean . BTW, did you receive my email with a sample of what can I do?

Yes, Chris and me really have different approaches. This is not, though, to say that I can't be focusing on person's life - in fact, I'd welcome the opportunity to do a part 3 with Dan and ask him about school, hobbies, etc.
Old August 5, 2002, 08:21   #14
tniem
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Yes, Chris and me really have different approaches. This is not, though, to say that I can't be focusing on person's life - in fact, I'd welcome the opportunity to do a part 3 with Dan and ask him about school, hobbies, etc.
Well then, I cannot wait. Good luck and I hope and know that the third one will be just as interesting as the first two.
Old August 5, 2002, 11:38   #15
Solver
lifer
Deity

Well, well, that's not yet confirmed. I'm currently editing the DarkCloud interview, Dan and me are busy on another thing together, so you'll have to wait .
Old August 6, 2002, 14:11   #16
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:13
hi ,

ones again a nice interview Solver

have a nice day
Old August 9, 2002, 20:34   #17
DanQ
lifer
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

In the meantime however, folks, feel free to email Solver and I the questions you would like to see me answer in a "Part III" and we'll archive them for future reference. From these, we can determine whether or not there is enough 'material' to base a "Part III" on.

--------------
Dan; Apolyton CS