Old August 2, 2002, 13:39   #1
Stephanie
Settler

Local Time: 21:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
need help installing visible wonders mod for apolyton pack
Help! I'm brand new to this whole mod business. I can't figure out how to install the visible wonders mod to the Apolyton Pack. I got as far as copying the gtset565 but the whole readme file is Greek to me. Can someone make me a "Installing the visible wonders mod for dummies" version? It would be ever so helpful.
Old August 2, 2002, 15:19   #2
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 22:21
I personnally haven't used that mod yet so I can't really help you. Perhaphs a few of the people in the CTP2 Mod forum will be able to assist you. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 2, 2002, 16:31   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 06:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
whoops...

Personally, I'd advise leaving it for a week or so until I've fixed it. I will attempt to make a more user-friendly readme file also.
Old August 2, 2002, 18:22   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Actually, I too was thinking about trying it out.. but since IW isn't done 'tweeking" it yet, I guess I'll hold off for now. So I guess you were the mod's first curstomer Stephanie...
Old August 3, 2002, 04:01   #5
Stephanie
Settler

Local Time: 21:21
to Immortal Wombat
I don't know how much feedback you've got on the visible wonders mod (since I take it it's your creation) but one thing that should be fixed is what tiles the wonders are placed on. I built the great wall and the pyramids in one city and the pyramids covered one tile of the great wall. I would suggest assigning each wonder its own specific tile to not cover other wonders. Since it's usually pretty easy to expand the city influence before you build many wonders anyway (at size 7) maybe some of the wonders could be placed in the second radius too.

PS I used the mod all by itself; I didn't lie about needing help for dummies.
Old August 3, 2002, 08:06   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

There is a feedback thread in the Mods forum (called Wonderful Reality), and all feedback is very welcome.

I am aware of the clashes between wonders, but in some cases, where there are more wonders in a mod than the 9 in the default game, it is hard to assign each wonder its own tile.

If its any consolation, its easy to fix so that the only clash is between the Great Wall and others, because it works so differently. I might consider taking the Great Wall out if it continues to cause problems.

Last edited by Immortal Wombat; August 3, 2002 at 08:13.
Old August 3, 2002, 08:26   #7
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Wonderful reality: Feedback welcome
Need help? Post here please
Old August 7, 2002, 19:45   #8
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Has the Visible Wonders Mod been taken off of the Apolyton server? The reason I ask is because I can not download it for some reason...
Old August 7, 2002, 20:07   #9
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Haven't the foggiest. Its still on the depot: http://ctpmodmakers.250free.com/Womb...wondersmod.zip

but I hope to have the final version out in a few days, so again I'd advise you wait... I apologise for any inconvenience.

(can't believe I just said that - sorry)
Old August 8, 2002, 11:31   #10
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ok, thanks IW, I'll wait then.
Old September 2, 2002, 20:01   #11
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

BUMP for Stephanie, Wittlich, and any other lurkers out there who haven't ventured into the mod forum recently...

The mod is done, perfected, complete.

It now requires the Apolyton Tile File, and the mod itself is now only a SLIC & Text download, so is much smaller, and easier to update.

Hopefully it will be made Cradle and SAP compatible quite soon, but for now, as an add-on for the default game, it is ready.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

The old instructions for merging it with other mods are obsolete I think, so please be patient while hex, Dale et al decide whether or not to include it with Cradle, SAP, GoodMod, MM2 etc. If they choose not to, I will as soon as possible.
Old September 3, 2002, 13:33   #12
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

tight yo

thanx