Local Time: 07:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ohh No Free Drones then
Old August 4, 2002, 09:12   #32
Noel-Marcus
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Our own forum might be good, I personally think a standard sized map of the planet is fun. As much as I like smacx over smac, I agree using the original would get us more people to participate. So should someone start a poll on what faction we should be using, specific rules and positions?

"Peace, love and Planet Busters..."
Old August 4, 2002, 10:17   #33
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 05:23
about wich faction to use......i propose to create a new one......so that we can become a faction that we all (at least most of us) want to be.......a standard map would be great..... and do you need smax for creating your own faction? (i has been a while since i played ) if so that forget what i said as many people have to be able to play.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 4, 2002, 10:26   #34
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:23
Hey I'd like to join! I would have no idea WTF I would be doing, but I'd still like to join.
Old August 4, 2002, 10:35   #35
Noel-Marcus
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
about wich faction to use......i propose to create a new one......so that we can become a faction that we all (at least most of us) want to be.......
I like that idea, but I think we'd get too many people disagreeing on what social benefits, techs, et cetera to have, and it might be easier to simply use the standard vanilla seven (apologies to any "cammies" on here besides me)

Quote:
and do you need smax for creating your own faction?
Well, some might argue it makes creating personalized factions easier, but I've been writing my own using notepad since smac first came out.

"Peace, love and Planet Busters..."
Old August 4, 2002, 10:35   #36
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:23
you don't need SMAX to create a faction, but it comes with Facedit, so its just easier. then you can just replace a SMAC faction with your new one using the alpha.txt. i think if we want our own forum, we should PM or email markos instead of just wishing...
Old August 4, 2002, 10:42   #37
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i am still for the idea to create an own faction. with some polls we can see what the people want and this way and with the engineering thingy we can have some politics in this game. but if we do not make an own faction. university rulez (and every one knows it) (or the gaians (but i do not like them) )
Old August 4, 2002, 11:07   #38
DeathByTheSword
King

wich ministers will there be? and what about unit design do we let the AI take care of this and our city or do we complitely turn the AI off? I vote for the second choise.

edit: about difficulty level i propose a high level because if it is to low it wil not be fun during wars and so on. it has to be a real difficult

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; August 4, 2002 at 11:26.
Old August 4, 2002, 12:39   #39
Alex
Emperor

I think that you should use a standard SMAC faction, because there would be endless discussions about how this custom faction would be with respect to SE, traits and other things.

Unit design: it HAS to be handled by the players, not the AI, for a simple reason: strategic choices.

Nice to see that the demo game idea is flourishing everywhere.
Old August 4, 2002, 13:21   #40
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i guess unit design would be up to the military leader, telling the commissioner/provost/chairman/etc what to design. by not letting the AI design units do you mean by turning that option off in the preferences and designing every unit manually?

im guessing the difficulty will be transcend. thats ok for me because im likely not going to be the one playing and wont have to worry about that 2nd citizen is a drone thing.
Old August 4, 2002, 16:06   #41
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:23
I agree standart map size.
I agree playing SMAC.
I agree playing SMAC faction.

and yes, I'm your YES-Man (ok just kidding)
Old August 14, 2002, 21:09   #42
HAND
Warlord

Yea- I prefer SMAC too.. Standard map of Planet would be a good idea...I think the game would carry on for ever on a Huge map!(not that thats a bad thing! )
Old August 15, 2002, 06:34   #43
DeathByTheSword
King

my i point everones eyes to the topped thread about polls? there is alot of info there about discucced suubjects