Old August 3, 2002, 17:11   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Back
I'm back. Cape Cod was great. It still is. I'm still there. Plane for UT leaves tomorrow. Fun. Have questions? E-mail me.

I have questions, and instead of e-mailing all of you I thought I would just ask here. Many people are talking about tech whoring and greece? Please update. I would just like an update to everything thats happening because i'm simply too busy and lazy to anything. :P
Old August 3, 2002, 17:52   #2
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
just look at spiffor's tech whoring poll (the official one) for the entire plan, you lazy @$$%%$#%#

A disgrace to the Soviet system, this one is!

"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 3, 2002, 18:29   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
just look at spiffor's tech whoring poll (the official one) for the entire plan, you lazy @$$%%$#%#

A disgrace to the Soviet system, this one is!

Well, at least i'm not a NEW YORKER!

Fine, I'll do that. Anything else I should be made aware of?
Old August 3, 2002, 18:40   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:24
Yes. We conquered Greece and our expedition ship to Uber Isle fell of the end of the world. Oh, and the Banana Festival is next week.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 3, 2002, 18:42   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Seriously now, there hasn't been any major development in the field. We're planning to attack France though, and we'll employ swordsmen (see Plan Gold).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 3, 2002, 19:03   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Oh, come now Tass, just go read the paper

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 3, 2002, 22:13   #7
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh, come now Tass, just go read the paper
Fine then. Be that way. After all that I've done for the people of Apolyton, this is how you repay me? Hmph.

Jk
Old August 3, 2002, 23:27   #8
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Tassadar :

I don't remember when you left, so I'll summarize what happened after the battle of Washington :
- we conquered NY (renamed Gaia) and got Philadelphia (renamed Timeline) and Atlanta (renamed Seeberg) from the peace deal.

Since then, we're preparing war against France, by buying warriors in 'Poly, in order to upgrade them into swordsmen when Iron is connected. We're building Galleys in Termina to disembark these swordsmen on French shores.
We've techwhored literacy, and made a substantial profit on it. We're not planning to build the great library however.

During last turnchat, we opened embassies in Persia and Greece. It gave us valuable information (Persia is about to finish the Pyramids in 16 turns).
Last turnchat ended when I has to set up a tech whoring project, which would lead us to the medieval era. It involves buying currency from the French, trading it for construction to the Brits, and sell construction to the Greeks for a price. Full details can be found here : http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=57811

Lastly, there is now a debate going on, about building or keep expanding after the end of the French war. Thinker's guild and DIA have set up such a debate
Old August 3, 2002, 23:32   #9
Nubclear

Q
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
We're not planning to build the great library however.
*SIGH* Was this even debated? We are technologically backwards because of our position and it would save a huge amount of money by not having to buy the techs and we could veen gain money be selling the techs.

Oh well. This thread has served its purpose. Now it should be closed.
Old August 3, 2002, 23:37   #10
Timeline
King

Local Time: 00:24
WB Tass
Old August 4, 2002, 00:07   #11
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Well, at least i'm not a NEW YORKER!

Fine, I'll do that. Anything else I should be made aware of?
now you're making fun of new yorkers?

::sigh::
Old August 4, 2002, 00:08   #12
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

now you're making fun of new yorkers?

::sigh::
Hey, you guys pick on me because I'm who I am, so why cant i pick on you because you are whom you are?

(Its late at night here....1215, so.....)

Anyway, this thread has turned to
Old August 4, 2002, 00:10   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:

Hey, you guys pick on me because I'm who I am, so why cant i pick on you because you are whom you are?

(Its late at night here....1215, so.....)

Anyway, this thread has turned to
when have i ever berrated my communist brothers?
Old August 4, 2002, 00:13   #14
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

when have i ever berrated my communist brothers?
*SIGH* Too many times to list here.......

By the way, this thread is . It must be closed. Markos!
Old August 4, 2002, 06:46   #15
Shiber
Emperor

Re: Q
Quote:

*SIGH* Was this even debated?
It was. I opened a thread to hear what people think of this and got many negative responses.
Couldn't blame them though. We have no chance of finishing the great library on time. Many AIs are already building a wonder, and when the pyramids are completed (say by the Persians) they'll all switch to the oracle or the colossus or another ancient era wonder, and when the next wonder is complete they'll switch again etc' etc' so in the end one of the civs that have been building a wonder from the very beginning will get the great library ahead of us.
- Phantom of the Opera