Old August 4, 2002, 21:25   #31
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
um, so terms go by months and not game-turns?
Old August 4, 2002, 21:48   #32
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:30
Hang on. Good point... but as I suggested the first term, with only the Commissioner and A-Talent elected, should take a given time since we won't have the game played at all... considering a turn-based term system might be a good idea though.
Old August 5, 2002, 02:26   #33
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Crisler
Greetings, I gree you all and pray are you enjoying peace in your life and blessings from our Mighty God and Savior.

Fundementalist Faction
Why would I vote for a fundamentalist person? I am a scientists and a journalist, not a religious preacher.

(Maybe this question belongs in a presidential thread? Although we should hold off on the elections.....lets first get the game sorted out )
Old August 5, 2002, 03:21   #34
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 16:30
I'll throw my name in.

Personally, I don't like the idea of electing a Commissioner before a cabinet, and I'd prefer to see us follow the Civ2 example, but I'll stand anyway, because I'm already VP of the Civ2 game, and because I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment.

Basically, I just want to get this up and running, make sure the people have input into every decision, and I'm not really interested in party loyalties.

And plus, this was my idea.

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 5, 2002 at 03:42.
Old August 5, 2002, 07:28   #35
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

cool that number 4.......but how did civ2 did it than.......can you explain....maybe we all can learn from that....but I do not like the idea of copying it because it is a totally different game.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 5, 2002, 08:40   #36
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

I know they're completely different games, I'm just referring to the basic workings of the game.

In the Civ2 game, the President and however many ministers are necessary, are all elected directly. The President plays the game, the Vice-President runs elections, and all the ministers poll the people on the right courses of action, which the President then plays out.

It's simple, and everyone has the greatest say. It also gives everyone a say in every poll. I find some of the ideas that have been suggested, such as having several tiers of council, with posts handpicked by the President, or having a seperate High Council, voting among themselves a little...silly...not to mention, evading part of the point of a democracy game.
Old August 5, 2002, 09:30   #37
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i must agree with this plan now everone has something to say.
but the plan that ministers can act without polls has some thing that are ok the were elected to do something so maybe we could have a high counsel with small power
Old August 5, 2002, 09:32   #38
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:30
I agree with Darkness' Edge.
Old August 5, 2002, 12:41   #39
DeathByTheSword
King

so its going to be as in civ2 but how long will everyone be in office? gameturns or realtime days?
EDIT:
I think 30 gameturns or one month in realtime this is for all the elected persons not only the commissioner

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; August 5, 2002 at 12:50.
Old August 5, 2002, 13:59   #40
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
so its going to be as in civ2 but how long will everyone be in office? gameturns or realtime days?
EDIT:
I think 30 gameturns or one month in realtime this is for all the elected persons not only the commissioner
In the Civilization III democracy game, we do one month and find it to be effective.

30 gameturns would be waay too long to have someone be president.
Old August 5, 2002, 14:01   #41
DeathByTheSword
King

ok
Old August 5, 2002, 15:04   #42
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

when will we stop accepting nominations? how about 5:00 GMT tuesday?

who's nominated so far? DBTS, Kass, Crisler, and Darkness' Edge?
Old August 5, 2002, 15:07   #43
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Ade, while you're adding Darkness' Edge to the list of candidates, please remove me.
Old August 5, 2002, 15:07   #44
DeathByTheSword
King

i taught more about wensday evening......

EDIT: kass why that?
Old August 5, 2002, 15:37   #45
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I simply don't have the time. I'll be here every now and then spewing ideas and suggestions, though.
Old August 5, 2002, 15:38   #46
Method
Emperor

so 5:00 GMT wednesday?
Old August 5, 2002, 15:46   #47
DeathByTheSword
King

ok by me

EDIT: how long will the elections take?
Old August 5, 2002, 15:58   #48
Method
Emperor

i think they had them running 2 days in civ. so the polls open on thursday or do we wait?
Old August 5, 2002, 16:03   #49
DeathByTheSword
King

i think open the polls right there and then (wednesday) and have them open for 5 (?) days. then close and look what does everone think
Old August 5, 2002, 16:10   #50
Method
Emperor

5 days? maybe 3. thats plenty IMHO.
Old August 5, 2002, 16:22   #51
DeathByTheSword
King

ok but as soon the game begins there have to be a new election for the commissioner (not for the ministers because they are just beginning)

I think there also has to be a rule that the same person can not be commissioner more than 2 times in a row....

so if he commissioner has been re-elected than next election he can not run for office ones more the election after than one he can run for office just as everone else. this why we will have many different commissioners (I hope) and that will keep the game more open to everyone (this applies on minister also)

what does everone think?
Old August 5, 2002, 16:27   #52
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

could you please mark the time zone you posting from to your posts, 'cos wednesday evening is in different time in Finland than in America.

my time is GMT +2 (EET).
Old August 5, 2002, 16:29   #53
DeathByTheSword
King

all the posts are in GMT time
Old August 5, 2002, 17:43   #54
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
all the posts are in GMT time
yees yees of course all post are in GMT, but do you mean wednesday evening GMT when you say wednesday evening?
Old August 5, 2002, 17:50   #55
Method
Emperor

polls should close at 8:00 GMT. if we go with 5:00, then at GMT-5, thats noon. if anyone's out west (-8 IIRC), then 5:00 sucks for them. the nomination for commissioner is ok to close at 5, since we've had a while, but polls should stay open later i think.
Old August 5, 2002, 18:23   #56
Anodyne
Prince

5:00 GMT??? Surely you mean 17:00?
I'm not sure if I can open the poll that early on Tuesday, perhaps 20:00 GMT.

And I'll be editing my first post to add Darkness' Edge and remove Kass
Old August 5, 2002, 19:31   #57
Method
Emperor

we use 12 hour clock in canada
Old August 5, 2002, 19:41   #58
Anodyne
Prince

Well, then at least add PM after that... it gets confusing so easily.

Actually, I often am more awake at 5am than5pm whenever it's holiday time
Old August 5, 2002, 19:43   #59
Method
Emperor

i'll just post in 24 hour from now on
Old August 5, 2002, 23:09   #60
Darkness' Edge
Prince

I was going to pull out, but I think I'll stay in, just so to provide people with a choice.

even though I know I've got no chance