Old August 5, 2002, 19:40   #1
Crisler
Warlord

Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Meet the Fundamentalist Faction
(Exo 12:25) And it shall be, when you have come to the land which Jehovah will give you, according as He has promised, that you shall keep this service.

And so we go forth, following the promises of God that he will lead us to a new land. This is the undertaking we have before us. Dispite odds stacked against us, besides sabotage and rebellion, we have made it through by His grace.

This is the creed of the Fundamentalist faction. We hold that we stand upon this new world byt the promise and hand of God. That his divine will and protection got us here.

(Gen 1:28) And God blessed them. And God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth.

Since we have arrived, we feel the first order of business is the same as the first order gave gave unto man. We are to fill this world and subdue it.

To this means we propose rapid expansion to new colonies. When a site reaches a population factor of three we propose the creation of a new site. As such we shall spread across the face of this world.

We shall subdue it as we are ordered by God. Our Terraformers will create lusch farm lands and magnificant forests. We shall mine the world of it's resources and bask in the engery of it's sun.

While we do not share the divine reverence of this world that the Gaians have placed, we do feel that it is a gift from God and should be treated as such. So we call for thought in our efforts to subdue this world, always watching that we do not ruin the place we have been given. Our work must be to improve this planet, not to exploit it and destory it.

Our research must be geared toward the betterment of our race. We must strive to maintain things which will help everyone, not just an elitest group. We will not build a society based upon a social or economic structure, in all things all people are equal as we are before God.

We seek peace as the ends of all our endeavors. We shall offer ourselves as peaceful to any others we encounter. If we are attacked we shall defend oursleves and turn the other cheek, as we are tuahgt in the Word. We shall work hard to ensure peace. But pursuing peace does not mean rolling over and playing dead. Even jesus reached his limit and struck out with force, chasing the money changers from the temple. So to will be make ourselves strong.

We propose a small but extremely effiecent military. The units are to be highly trained and motivated. While our numbers might be small we shall make a formatable force. As with Israel of old earth, our army may not be the largest but it shall be feared! We will be slow to anger but woe to any that do anger us.

As Fundamentalists we seek balance in all things. We ask that every endeavor be taken with much thought and prayer. We ask that we as a colony seek the blessings of God upon ourselves so we may prosper in His ways. We believe that the good of everyone is of paramount importance, but that it must align with the Word.

Come and join us as we bring the Light of God to the darnkess of space and illuminate this world, a place granted to us by the promise of His Word.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 5, 2002, 19:45   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Meet the Fundamentalist Faction
Do you support the fundamentlist SE choice?

Also, are you running for anything? If so, post in the nomination thread......
Old August 5, 2002, 19:49   #3
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 07:35
Although your ideals might vary from those of the LSD, I still see this as a welcome addition, and a great add to the flavour of the party list
Old August 5, 2002, 22:29   #4
Leland
Prince

I'll join the party, and propose to the party leadership following amendments to the manifesto:
  • Fundamentalist SE choice is the only acceptable alternative for God-fearing people of our faction. "Democracy", that false doctrine of men, was the downfall of Earth, and even if our Lord in his boundless Mercy and Love has given us a second chance, much like He did in the days of Noah, even His patience has its limits.
  • Though we may be scattered across seven factions, the True Believers will not raise their hand against each other. The Fundamentalist Party strictly opposes all military action against Miriam Godwinson, though we recognize that the infidels and godless policies in our own faction may force them to declare Vandetta upon us. But such a vandetta is God's will, as surely as Lord's Believers are the true children of God, and can be avoided should we choose our policies wisely and in accordance with the Word of God.
  • We acknowledge as Truth that the native life of Chiron is in a fallen state, and without the light of our Lord shining upon them they have been perverted and are an abomination in the eyes of God. This applies especially to those satanic "mind worms". It is a duty of every righteous man to rid this world of their plague, so that we may indeed transform this planet into a new Garden of Eden.
Old August 5, 2002, 22:40   #5
Crisler
Warlord

My brother welcome to the cause. I can feel your fever in this issue and wish to redirect your energy a bit.

1) Fundamentalist SE: You are correct this is a worthy endeavor. We can make up for the various losses of research through various other means. Having fiath in God does not mean we have to be uneducated.

2) While I feel for Sister Godwinson's plight, she, not us, will decide if there is war. We do not wish war on ANY beings, however we are more than prepared to defend ourselves if need be. I agree we should pursue every possible avenue ofr a diplomatic relations ship with her faction, however as I stated, at no time do we allow another faction to walk on us, such is not the way of our Savior as the money changers found out.

3) I withhold judgement on the mindworms, in fact the Bible tells us not to judge at all. Some evidence exist that shows they might have an intelligence, as such they are beings created by God and worthy of respect. This planet has been given to us as a gift from God. We, as stewards fo that gift must make it flourish without destroying it. While we do not worship the planet as the Gaians, we do respect anything given us by God. To that end we must balance our desires and needs against the welfare of the planet as well. Remember the pariable of the talens.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 5, 2002, 23:28   #6
Leland
Prince

You speak wisely, brother Crisler. The Lord shall guide our actions, and it does seem that our party will be small and as such we must make compromises in order to best fulfill our ultimate goals. Integrity of our faith is crucial at this point, and I concede to the party line for the time being. God Bless.

(Wow, two members and already we have a hard-line and moderate wings in the party. )
Old August 5, 2002, 23:49   #7
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 15:35
I applaud the strength of will of the honorable members of the Fundamentalist Faction, and express my admiration for their staunch faith even in times of difficulty. I pray that your party and mine may work together whenever possible to better the lives of all our citizens.

Edit: My party has only one member, so you're still doing better in that regard.
Old August 6, 2002, 00:04   #8
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 00:35
I love it. A party to organize the scum of the world into one nice box that can be dropped in any passing lava flow.

Well not ALL the scum of the world, but a pretty big heap of it.
Old August 6, 2002, 00:16   #9
Emvepe
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
I love it. A party to organize the scum of the world into one nice box that can be dropped in any passing lava flow.

Well not ALL the scum of the world, but a pretty big heap of it.
Hehehe
Old August 6, 2002, 00:42   #10
Leland
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
So do you want to join?
Old August 6, 2002, 01:28   #11
Leland
Prince

Greetings, faithful followers of the Lord. One of our flock, E.L. Crisler, has made a difficult decision to run for the office of Commissioner, congratulations to him! However, in preparations of the coming elections I believe that we must come up with workable campaign to increase the public awareness of his opinions as well as the views of the Fundamentalist Party. But unfortunately our ranks are not too numerous to gain victory by believers alone; I believe that for this first term, we must adopt a more secular approach, yet without forgetting that all our rights come from the Creator and all our deeds should be in His Glory. I propose a following guideline for the first term:
  1. To establish a strong constitution. The Fundamentalists believe in honor and rule of law, as well as equality of all people. We also hold the view that all citizens should be involved in forging the constitution.
  2. To form a multiparty political system that has room for diversity. Ideologies and diplomatic means are to be valued above straightforward efficiency.
  3. Ministers should have well-defined tasks and responsibilities, written down in the constitution. They should also have plenty of power to choose their own course of action, and only be vetoed by the commissioner if absolutely necessary. This will prevent godless opportunists from gaining too much power, should they reach the position of Commissioner by deceit and lies.
  4. Commissioner's duties are mostly related to keeping the game running, solving disputes between citizens/ministers, and of course trying to fulfill the will of the people (as delegated by ministers) to his best ability.
  5. In the first term the main task is to prepare for planetfall, and to merely get the game started. Thus there will be no need for ministers until the second term. It is commissioner's job to draft the rules with the people as to how the elections are to be held.
  6. Possibly the first term could be shorter than 30 days, so that second term can kick off first of september.
Brothers and sister, do you have anything to add to this humble proposal? Also, if any other parties choose to support God in this issue, you are free to give feedback.
Old August 6, 2002, 08:03   #12
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Wow! Discussions with this party are going to get real fun! I look forward to your destruction.

Btw, welcome Leland! Need I to remind you the outcome of our previous diplomatic battle?
Old August 6, 2002, 08:42   #13
Crisler
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Wow! Discussions with this party are going to get real fun! I look forward to your destruction.
M@ni@c,

Are you to conclude from your post that P4 wants the destruction of all other parties in the colony? Are to we to assume that this is a primary agenda? If this is the case then this imformation must be made know to then entire colony. For by the destruction of opposing views you seek to take the rule of the colony out of the hands of the people and put it into the hands of a small group of political elite, thus greating a defacto dictatership.

Or perhaps you are a renegade that P4 is not aware of. If that is the case then P4 should censor you quickly before you destory the credability of their party.

In either case I will pray that God look down on you with his mercy and blesses you richly.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 6, 2002, 08:55   #14
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Now a fundamentalist populist like you of course always draws everything out of its context. Any rational person would notice the and know that I wasn't talking seriously. It was more of a friendly message to Leland, who I know from the GGS forum. Unlike your party P4 stands for Democracy. Please do not lecture me about tolerating opposing views.

Old August 6, 2002, 10:19   #15
Leland
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
Btw, welcome Leland! Need I to remind you the outcome of our previous diplomatic battle?
Oh yes, if I recall correctly I kicked your... uhm......wait, it was the other way round. Well anyway, that was 230 years and 38 trillion kilometers ago. So it doesn't count.

Besides now I have irrational fanaticism and bigoted delusions on my side! Who shall challenge the Will of GOD? I hereby accept it as my holy crusade to expose the immorality of your fraudulent freemasonry, and testify to the whole Chiron that P4 is none else than the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as prophesied in Revelations 9:15-19...

(Hey, somebody has to play the bad guy...)

Last edited by Leland; August 6, 2002 at 10:27.
Old August 6, 2002, 10:48   #16
Crisler
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Leland

Besides now I have irrational fanaticism and bigoted delusions on my side!
Leland my son,

You have begun to worry me. Perhaps a bit more time in prayer, fasting and reading the Word is in order. We are strongest when we can stand fast upon the Word.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 6, 2002, 12:17   #17
Maniac

I feel this party will blow apart before it accomplishes anything.
Old August 6, 2002, 12:50   #18
Crisler
Warlord

Is that you you post a fear of us in your own parties discussions?

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 6, 2002, 13:25   #19
Maniac

Besides the Fundamentalist Party there's also the EEP, the Hawk Party... Though I do not fear your party in particular, the total percentage of radical party members is worrying me.
Old August 6, 2002, 13:29   #20
Crisler
Warlord

Perhaps the time has come for the Fundamentalist Faction and P4 begin to open talks. We might be able to work this election so all parties have a person in the leadership and each has a say in the areas they are most interested in.

This is after all the most profitable for all concerned and the welfare of the whole is our primary concern. We could accomplish this without sacrificing our beliefs and still make a truly well rounded colony.

E.L. Crisler
Fundamentalist Faction
Old August 6, 2002, 13:39   #21
Maniac

What are you saying? Entering an alliance for this government term?
Old August 6, 2002, 15:09   #22
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i must object to any alliance as soon as we land on the planet. (sorry to radical) but during the first term we can work together because we as a Democracy also belief in a strong set of rules, but made by the people and for the people
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 6, 2002, 17:30   #23
Anodyne
Prince

And the #1 rule for LSD is Freedom for everyone, and all the other rules are for ensuring Freedom equally for everyone, and preventing anyone from preventing Freedom anywhere in our society.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:32   #24
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

so no police state or planned or power?
Old August 6, 2002, 17:33   #25
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
power's not anti-freedom is it?
Old August 6, 2002, 17:35   #26
DeathByTheSword
King

they use the army to inforce there will. anti-freedom in my book
Old August 6, 2002, 17:38   #27
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
isn't it +2 morale and +2 support?
Old August 6, 2002, 17:44   #28
Anodyne
Prince

NO Police State
NO Fundamentalism
NO Planned Economy
NO Thought Control

Those are basically our main guidelines. Power might be used at the times of war. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

(hmm.. ok, this and other posts contain almost enough information for a wholly new party thread... but Fundamentalists, sorry for the threadjack!)
Old August 6, 2002, 17:44   #29
DeathByTheSword
King

yes yoy are right sorry
Old August 6, 2002, 18:49   #30
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:35
So should we assume that the Fundamentalists would love nothing more than for us to live in the stone age? Or am I mistaken on your stance on research?