Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 07:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Locutus?
Old August 8, 2002, 13:29   #32
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Probably the only reason I visit CFC from time to time.
The rest (civ3-related forums etc..) are more or less the same as here.
Heck I've seen paste and copy threads, same title, same poster....

But a history section would deffinately be nice ( and I am not a history buff myself, but more generally interested in all kinds of interesting!! knowledge/debate/discussion )

Very good proposal IMHO
Old August 8, 2002, 16:13   #33
Rasbelin
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

Outside the Civ3-Civilizations forum, there isn't too much history discussion going on on Apolyton right now, which might lead to the assumption that a History Forum is not needed. However, the very presence of a History Forum would get all the history buffs together and would actually generate discussion.
Yes, indeed the C3C group has been active when it comes to dicuss history related to civilisations, but also in the C3S group there has been talks related to historical issues. And I have taken part in the discussions there too, but not for many months now. Discussing history in the OT forum isn't really working as there's so many threads and most of them are related to small talk, general opinion debates on issues that are related to the world present now and other genres not related to history. So that's also why I agree with Locutus (reminds me of that discussion in the C3C group I last had about the Celts with Locutus and several other Apolytoners interested in history; this was many months ago, so no one remembers it) that having a History Forum would create new discussion about history.
Old August 8, 2002, 16:16   #34
Rasbelin
Emperor

Forgot to mention that I rated this thread with 4 stars as I think it's worth them. A very good idea IMHO.

P.S. War4Ever, don't even dare to call this spam, as it's not.
Old August 8, 2002, 18:21   #35
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:36
Quote:
I wouldn't just close threads that had nothing to do with history... and a PCR for threadjackers and spammers wouldn't be enough
Okay then, delete the thread... Give them a PCR on the first offense, and ban them on the 2nd

Frankly, I don't think that a world history forum is needed anymore, since Tordenskiold's Historic-Battles.com has stolen away many historical posters