Old August 6, 2002, 16:59   #1
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
CCCP's Workshop.
This is the official thread for the Centauri Communalism Citizen's Party. Here you can discuss about ideology, social agenda for CCCP, etc...

But for a start, as the funder of the CCCP, I want to explain you what the CCCP is. We are not old stalinists who took the spaceship to Centauri. We are not related to the Hive neither. We are just marxists. We believe in the struggle of social classes, Drones against Talents. We think that the engine of history is this struggle between social classes.
Alpha Centauri is our new chance, to apply marxism, and if we ever find a limit to Marx's wonderful theories, we'll build new theories, and the History will go on !

Our social agenda is very clear : we go for Democracy. Police State is not even an option, and Fundamentalism is stupidity. About economy, we of course favorite a Planned economy. When every worker knows what she/he has to do, things go better. We also favorite Green economy, since we know that the mistakes we have made on Earth shall not be made against Chiron. We cannot tolerate a Free Market economy for the damaged caused to Planet, and favors a Green Economy to develop our research.
We value Knowledge, since every worker, Drone or Talent, has a right to know. Nothing else is an option.
Our future society tends to be Eudaimonia, and it is actually our unique goal : make every people happy.

Our choice about the United Nation Charter is very strict : we do not allow any kind of atrocity. Human life, as Planet life, is far too important to use such nonsense and henious actions. Note also that we consider Punishment Sphere as an atrocity, since it is torture.

Pandemoniak,
Funder of the CCCP,
AD 2080,
during the trip to Alpha Centauri.
in For I have walked with the Drones

This is the current list of the members of the CCCP
Pandemoniak,
Main_Brain,
Themagicbanana,
Lucky22,
Gnool,
Thorsius,
Rendelnep,
Schinkenjoe

The CCCP is member of the Centauri Democratic Coalition (CDC).

Drones will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Pandemoniak,
-- in For I have walked with the Drones

Last edited by Pandemoniak; September 9, 2002 at 06:46.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:02   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

will this is fun we also (P4) strive for democracy and sometimes planned economy. i hope that we can work together to get democracy thru.

EDIT:

but i look forward on the dissocions we will have on planned vs. free market
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 6, 2002, 17:03   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:38
in 2080, wasn't the crew still asleep?

the P4 also favours democracy knowledge and eudaimonia. planned will only be considered in the early expansion period and maybe during a war though.

EDIT: Damn! you beat me to it!
Old August 6, 2002, 17:08   #4
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
I see the ideologic arguing can start
Ill never give my support to Free Market, because Free Market ruined Earth like Stalin ruined Marx. And I just cannot allow that. I will definetly support a green economy, because despite his restrictions, we have to respect Alpha Centauri if we want to live on it.

Pandemoniak,
AD 2099,
in Why Adam Smith should have been of friend of Mikhael Bakounine

Therefore, if you can allow Free Market in your party, it will restrains a lot our cooperation.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:11   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

greens ok for wartime, but free market maximises our capacity to research and make energy quickly. any movement for police state during war will definately be opposed by CCCP it seems.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:12   #6
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

I agree with your views on green and on your views on the earth free market system but as you said yourself I believe IT can and WILL work on Chiron. There is no reson to say planned failed on earth but works on Chiron and free failed on earth and fails on Chiron.. You do not no. either do I but to give the people a choise, that is the beginsel of democracy. i propose to use free market as soon as the early expansion period is over.

Edit: this time you were faster
Old August 6, 2002, 17:14   #7
Pandemoniak
King

Free Market involves far more investment to minimize pollution, thus it might be intersting directly about credits, but it will waste so much of our minerals to fight against the fungus, that I wont agree with it.
This is indeed Democracy, and I ll let the choice on Citizen's hands. But the line of the CCCP is very clear : no free market, because it would ruin Planet.
Police State is just out of the question. Except if we are in heavy difficulties at wartime against Morganites (which, of course, will never happen)
Old August 6, 2002, 17:19   #8
DeathByTheSword
King

i belief that we will need the efficiency that will be lost by planned if we want to build up our faction. not only with normal building but with SP`s too

every P4 member please look at our thread for a new point of order....

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; August 6, 2002 at 17:31.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:19   #9
Method
Emperor

deleted message due to request.

Last edited by Method; August 6, 2002 at 17:32.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:41   #10
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:38
Re: CCCP's Workshop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemoniak
We believe in the struggle of social classes, Drones against Talents.
Drones against Talents you say? In my view Talents stand for the educated class of society, those whose skills are most developed. Drones stand for the unemployed and uneducated workers. Therefore I don't think you can say Drones against Talents as you can say Labourers against Bourgeoisie. Instead of fighting the talents one should try to make talents out drones. This is best done by providing equal chances and free education. In other words: Knowledge and Eudaimonia.

Vote P4!
Old August 6, 2002, 17:44   #11
Pandemoniak
King

Well, turning Drones to Talents was the whole point of Marx's theory, M@ni@c. Talents exploit Drones for subalterns tasks, when they could raise them as Talents as well. But the Drones wont let themselves spoiled, and they have all the support of the CCCP.

To DBTS, that is what we can switch to a Green Economy, instead of destroying our new home Planet.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:46   #12
Method
Emperor

what about the "ballooning population and polluting industry" of planned?
Old August 6, 2002, 17:49   #13
Juliennew
Warlord

Local Time: 06:38
Quote:
that is what we can switch to a Green Economy, instead of destroying our new home Planet
I never saw green marxists before

One question : How will you combine mineral production and population growth with green ideology ?
Old August 6, 2002, 18:04   #14
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemoniak
Well, turning Drones to Talents was the whole point of Marx's theory, M@ni@c. Talents exploit Drones for subalterns tasks, when they could raise them as Talents as well. But the Drones wont let themselves spoiled, and they have all the support of the CCCP.
Now now, don't speak so badly of talents in general. Though I'm sure some talents in Mr. President's individualist elitist Capitalist Party think that way, I assure you that the many talented members in P4 have as a goal to create as many talents as possible. The more educated citizens, the faster technological progress goes. However, I am against the idea of an assured job and wage as I suppose you will get under a CCCP Planned economy. People have to prove themselves first. Otherwise they deserve to end up as drones. Equal chances, but not equal wages. In other words: Free Market & Knowledge!
Old August 6, 2002, 18:07   #15
Pandemoniak
King

Our care for environment is almost as strong as our care for mankind. And since Comrade Planet is a living being, we must take care of her life too.
The production and materialist benefits we will take from Comrade Planet is Her gift, we shall let her breath despite of our will to have a strong production. Th epopulation growth shouldnt be a big problem, since we'll do everything in our power to keep our citizens way of life clean and ecologist.

Pandemoniak,
AD 2099,
in Comrade Planet, our new Home

About minerals production and population growth, I'd say that once we get nice infrastructures due to our brilliant planned economy, we can switch softly to green economy when the inefficency produced by our too-large land becomes too important.

I think theres an epidemic of flu going there...

Last edited by Pandemoniak; August 6, 2002 at 19:16.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:10   #16
Juliennew
Warlord

Local Time: 06:38
Is there any comrade's doctor here ? I feel something strange in my throat. Maybe a cat.

Last edited by Juliennew; August 6, 2002 at 19:54.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:10   #17
Maniac

Let's eradicate this post. One shouldn't know what secret deals are closed here.

Last edited by Maniac; August 6, 2002 at 18:39.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:12   #18
Pandemoniak
King

Cough, cough... Weather hasnt been nice lately...

Last edited by Pandemoniak; August 6, 2002 at 19:16.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:16   #19
Maniac

*Cough* Sorry I have a cold.

Last edited by Maniac; August 6, 2002 at 18:39.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:19   #20
Method
Emperor

*cough* so do i

Last edited by Method; August 6, 2002 at 18:42.
Old August 6, 2002, 18:25   #21
Maniac

There, everyone is healed again due to the good care of the CCCP Doctor.

Last edited by Maniac; August 6, 2002 at 19:56.
Old August 6, 2002, 19:43   #22
Anodyne
Prince

.....hmmmmmmmmmm....hhmmm..
Old August 6, 2002, 19:48   #23
Method
Emperor

***ignore this and the above 7 posts***
Old August 6, 2002, 19:48   #24
Pandemoniak
King

Hmm. Lets get back to serious things : the line of the CCCP is totally opposed to Free Market for ecological reasons. We shall not do on Alpha Centauri what happened on Earth.

Last edited by Pandemoniak; August 7, 2002 at 03:44.
Old August 6, 2002, 19:51   #25
Method
Emperor

Free market does not destroy the ecology. besides, if ecodamage gets out of control (which we would not allow) we could always launch a solar shade
Old August 6, 2002, 19:53   #26
Pandemoniak
King

Hey, that WONT kill mindworms and Im not sure Comrade Planet would be glad to hear you talking of her like that...
Old August 6, 2002, 19:54   #27
Method
Emperor

empath units...
Old August 6, 2002, 20:17   #28
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:38
I have hard time deciding which one is stranger; the Fundamentalist Faction thread or this thread.
Old August 7, 2002, 06:52   #29
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

I hope for Abundant Fungus then u 'Free-Market-Lovers' will see that Treehugging can be Fun :=)
Hail Pandemoniak!
Hail Planet!
Hail Comrades!

No Minerals shall be blocked in Favour for Energy!
Old August 8, 2002, 18:48   #30
themagicbanana
Settler

i want to be a cccp person!