Old August 16, 2002, 10:10   #31
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 23:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Many thanks again, hobbes Looking forward to getting started in game #2 as well.

*shrugs* as I said in FVC3, I don't care one way or the other, smh.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 16, 2002, 22:52   #32
smhfan86
King

Local Time: 00:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
maybe we should find a replacement for gaius marius, i still haven't seen the turn. this doesn't bode well for game one.

flame, u interested in replacing him?

shadow wants to have the rules identical for all FV games, so I suggest we allow stockpiling for all games now, and I will change the rules posted at the top, okay?
Old August 16, 2002, 23:02   #33
smhfan86
King

Shadow, could you copy and paste the edited rules to the top of game #3? TIA.

Hobbes, can u also copy and paste the edited rules to game #1? TIA.

Changes: I added that you can have contact between your own factions and changed it to allow stockpiling in your build queues.
Old August 18, 2002, 22:40   #34
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Sure, I don't mind jumping in for him, smh. Just have whoever set it up send me the password and turn.

That is, if you still haven't heard from him.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 18, 2002, 22:42   #35
smhfan86
King

cool, still haven't heard from him. i'll tell hobbes, the creator of the game to send you the stuff.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:02   #36
FlameFlash
Emperor

Got the stuff and have since sent the turn All goes well. Looks like I'll be taking part in all three games now, huh?

Old August 28, 2002, 02:20   #37
smhfan86
King

p.s. since the pks and morganites have the most difficult type of victory, i.e. econ(tons of energy) and supreme leader, 75% of the votes.

i suggest that if the pks manage to get elected supreme leader, that the game is over, meaning no one can defy the council.

is this okay with everyone?
Old August 28, 2002, 12:03   #38
FlameFlash
Emperor

no one can defy unless they actually have reason to. (ie. atrocity use, PKs constantly backstabbing said faction... but those are the only two reasons I can think of for them to defy the council.)

Old August 28, 2002, 15:57   #39
smhfan86
King

so are u saying that the pks can't use atrocities then? also, i thought anyone could defy the council if they wished.
Old August 28, 2002, 17:52   #40
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 07:40
It's generally a moot point anyway, if you can get that many votes then you usually have overwhelming military superiority and resistance is futile.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old August 28, 2002, 18:41   #41
smhfan86
King

not necessarily. it just seems kinda odd, that the pks would have to get supreme leader and conquer everyone, whereas, the uop and cyborgs only need to transcend, and it's over, i.e. no conquest necessary afterwards.
Old August 28, 2002, 19:20   #42
FlameFlash
Emperor

Well, that is why the PKs and Morgan have the toughest jobs in these games. I'm in the same boat as you are smh, in fvc1 so I do know where you're coming from... Just be sure you get all the early secret projects that are good for your faction and I think you'll be on to something.

Morgan = Merchant Exchange
PKs = Empath Guild

Then of course be sure you get later ones that compliment each of the different two factions. While Conquest and Trancend people are trying to decide if they want two balanced factions and share the SPs or if they want one super-faction and have it focus all of its energies on SPs is something you really don't have to do as much worrying about with the Morgan-PK team.

Old August 28, 2002, 19:20   #43
FlameFlash
Emperor

Is FVC2 going to start soon?

Old August 28, 2002, 19:26   #44
smhfan86
King

i honestly don't see the point of having a forced victory game where the pks must first get declared supreme leader, then wipe out every other faction. that's just a conquest victory, with an added stipulation.

i had no problem with the gaian's/cult using psi units in the later game, so i don't see why you guys can't allow this. plus, 'green' conquest is still pretty vague.

it's not like i'm the pks in every game, just one. and i have no problem with you winning after getting supreme leader in that game.

that's the whole point of forced victories, otherwise googlie would have said, pks(supreme leader, and conquest afterwards), when he initially brought it up.
Old August 28, 2002, 19:47   #45
FlameFlash
Emperor

*sighs* don't get upset about this one smh! In later game when supreme leader is possible, if/when the PK faction is able to call for the vote with confidence that they'll win with the combined votes (of morgan and PK) they'll have had to have a large army just to defend against the conquest people, and probably had to beat them into not wanting to mess with him... you're right that supreme leader shouldn't have to be conquest... I suppose the backstabbing point is moot in this kind of a game, which leaves the PK needing to stick within the bounds of the UN Charter... otherwise, they certainly haven't been much of a group of diplomats. Then again, if they used atrocities they probably beat whoever it was silly and they'll be afraid not to abide by the council.

I'd say we should default agree with the council... I know if I use atrocities in my PK game I'll most likely call for having the council do away with the atrocity ban if I'm going to use them.