Old August 7, 2002, 21:30   #31
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i am -not- running for any position at the moment.

i seriously think Uber should run for president. hey Duddha!
Old August 8, 2002, 00:03   #32
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:40
Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
i am -not- running for any position at the moment.

i seriously think Uber should run for president. hey Duddha!
but then hed be in less of a position to complain about the President.

Old August 8, 2002, 00:10   #33
jdd2007
NationStates
King

well, he could complain about the inept new SMC
Old August 8, 2002, 00:11   #34
jdd2007
NationStates
King

(whoever that may be)
Old August 8, 2002, 05:04   #35
mtgillespie
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:40
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Ok, if Spiffor ends up running for Economy I'm running for Imperial Expansion.

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX I'll run for SMC if the government gets it act together before elections.

It takes a lot of gall to apply for a position in a government you're in the process of trying to overthrow. If the elections are over before the revolution is decided, will you put yourselves up against the wall
Old August 8, 2002, 07:34   #36
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If I sit here and see another 'if this happens i might run' post, I am going to seriously consider shooting someone. If you want to run, do it!!! Don't dance around the issue any more. Your country needs you, step up and take responsibility or step down and watch.

And sign me up for Vice President.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 08:09   #37
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 05:40
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Prosperine - no need to attend the turnchats for Historian. Other Ministers can get away with it too, but it's not recommended, and you need very specific orders for the President if you do this. All you will need to do is keep up with what's happening in the game, read the excellent papers by UnOrthO and Tass, and write a little history every now and again. Shall I put your name in as Historian then?

Epi - I don't think I'd be pissing YOU off (and I hope you rank among those who I haven't)
Sounds good to me - put me down as "candidate" for Historian - we are a democracy you know.
Old August 8, 2002, 11:45   #38
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I'll run for... erm, wait, no, nevermind.

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
I'll run for SMC if the government gets it act together before elections.
You've already been it twice my friend, your turn is up.
Old August 8, 2002, 12:00   #39
Epistax
Prince

Trip, you especially should know the limit is 3 terms
Old August 8, 2002, 12:27   #40
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Yeah, I've spent too much time on all those blasted polls about term length and limit and whatnot 2 months ago.
Old August 8, 2002, 13:27   #41
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

I renounce my campaign. I am not running for anything next term.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:16   #42
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
I renounce my campaign. I am not running for anything next term.
Thats too bad, seriously. You were excellent at SMC and would be good at most other positions, including President.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:21   #43
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

This is not good.

Trip, when can you get back into the game again?
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 8, 2002, 14:35   #44
jdjdjd
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Heck, I'll do something, don't know what yet, but I have trouble with the chats also, so I will have to think about what to run for that I can plan ahead with and not necessarily make the chats......

Any suggestions?
GK,

Any you could do, and you are available for some of the chats. IE is a good one, its probably only one or two terms left for it.

Or, Foreign, unsure though, that may be very very involved.

Either way, we need people who can be around and your one of 'em. So go for it, you can probably work out missing chats by making sure someone has specific orders from you.

To all,

Its bad enough were losing Uber, Ninot & Timeline all at once. Not to mention Trip, soon. Hopefully, were not losing Jonny and Sir Ralph too. Spiffor almost decided not to run (I mean, we can't lose our token Frenchman, on top of all this).

Differences aside, we need Ministers. No one who is willing to run should be antagonized to where they decide not too run (unless their really incompetent or something, or its civman, he can't resign three times can he?).

If this list does not expand by Monday, what will we do for those positions with no nominees? The banana can't do all of it.

I would like to mention the thoughts Uber had in the Revolution thread of restructuring the govt, there's something to be said for it. The Code of Laws is not broke, just needs finetuning as the game changes. Maybe the section of Officials needs change, the rest may be ok.

Unless someone else picks up on it, I will start a discussion thread in the near future, when I get the chance.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:40   #45
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
This is not good.

Trip, when can you get back into the game again?
As involved as I have been? Maybe December, if I'm lucky. Back at all? Maybe in a month or two, I'll have to see though.

I think the idea of having fewer minister positions is a much better way than we have things now. That way, we can reduce the number of fully dedicated ministers to 4. It's hard to find people who will stick around day in and day out for the required amount of time for an entire month, and if we reduce the # of offices that handle decisions, then that would bode well for our empire.
Old August 8, 2002, 14:40   #46
jdjdjd
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
Im not gonna run for anything, so who wants to be President?

hrm... how can i put the government into greater shambles?
Again too bad, what about your old post at the Foreign ministry?
Old August 8, 2002, 14:41   #47
jdjdjd
Prince

I would suggest people like Togas, kring, kramerman....who are around and on line a lot might be good at some of these positions..
Old August 8, 2002, 15:09   #48
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd

Again too bad, what about your old post at the Foreign ministry?
You mean for me to run for it?

Well, honestly, I wont be able to attend ANY turnchats. I dont want to run for a postion like this if I cant put up.

Maybe i can be like, Science Minister, cuz that job only rarely makes the decisions. But i want to step out for a while, so no, im not running.
Old August 8, 2002, 15:10   #49
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
I would suggest people like Togas, kring, kramerman....who are around and on line a lot might be good at some of these positions..
Yes, definately. All three of these guys have proven their worth in every way so far, they would probably do some good jobs.
Old August 8, 2002, 15:12   #50
Donal Graeme
Warlord

Local Time: 21:40
Would you please pull me from the running for the Minister of Public Works? I am thinking about a few different offices now...
Old August 8, 2002, 15:17   #51
Ninot
Emperor

Re: Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)
Quote:
[SIZE=1]
Oh, and Ninot - what happened to the part of the Constitution that dealt with elections? I know there was that controversy in the last election, but we had something before then, so could you please put it in your "second term" government post so we know for future reference? Thanks.
Uhm... which "part of the Constitution that dealt with elections"?

Its all there, im pretty sure.

99% of everything the COL shows is an exact replica of what Trip posted in HIS 1st Term Government thread. I didnt change anything (unless by mistake).

Need to know more specifically what your talking about

Quote:
Length of Office Terms:
All office terms shall last one month. A member can run for a different office at the end of his term, but he cannot change offices during it. If a member is elected three times into the same office, that member must run for a different office in his fourth term, or not run at all.
that is BASICALLY the only thing that was in the COL up till now. Trip tried to ammend something to it, but it never passed.
Old August 8, 2002, 16:17   #52
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:40
Alright, since UnOrthO is going for VP in order to straighten this mess out with a bit of common sense, I will run with him, for President.

Be warned all - you may not like my turnchat times!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 8, 2002, 16:46   #53
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:40
Quote:
I have to admit, a part of me would really love to do it. Once upon a time I wrestled with Ninot over Foreign Affairs. I just have two problems:

1) I can't attend most chats due to the unpredictability of my work schedule. I just sneak in posts on days that I'm not too busy.

2) I don't want to be the guy "playing the game."

BUT if we switch to more of a turn-thread approach where orders are just placed in advance and we all trust someone to run the game by our instructions, I'll bite. I can sit down, formulate my plans, post them at night, and then read about the results during whatever spare time I conjure up the next day.

Anyone want to quickly ammend the C.o.L before the next election??

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 8, 2002, 16:56   #54
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Togas,

Most positions you could really do that already. As FAM, even, most actions are planned out before hand. Remember, there is usually no more than 6 turns/chat. Most often we can plan in advance that much. And chat times are likely changing around here, esp. if MrWIA and I are elected. I think between us, we can find a schedule to fit most, if not all the ministers. Turnthreads are another possibility as well. Even if it is not immediate, why not give it a shot? Worst that can happen is we impeach you for not being there.

And then you will have made the paper, I assure you.

Uber, if you are leaving because the revolution did not go as you planned, that is sad. What has changed your mind so drastically from the minister who said, 'If I could stay SMC forever, I would'? Do you really want to leave before you get a chance to finish off Lincoln? (or maybe even Joan?)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2002, 19:02   #55
Kuciwalker
Deity

My problem is that, with school starting, I'll only be able to attend weekend turnchats. I won't be getting home until about 5PM or 6PM EST. That's why I'm choosing IE: I don't need to be there too often.
Old August 8, 2002, 19:38   #56
Epistax
Prince

A lot of people will be pushing for later times. As for MWIA.. well...

Anyone have caffeine pills?
Old August 8, 2002, 20:07   #57
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:40
Well, if you don't want me in, all you need to do is find some other sucker to run against me from N Amer or W Europe and then vote for him...

But seriously, once elections are done, I have two weeks of no classes, so I am a lot more flexible than normally (and that's pretty flexible anyway).

During my time at Uni, the ONLY times normally ruled out during the week are (all in GMT) Sunday 1500-2300, Monday 0000-0300 and 1300-2200, Wednesday 0200-0400 and 1500-2300, Thursday 0000-0300 and 1900-2200. That's it, leaving 132 hours in the week in which to schedule 2-4 hours. Tuesday, Friday and Saturday are completely free but for the odd hockey game. If there isn't a time in this lot that absolutely everyone can come to (whether all at once or not), I'll eat my sombrero. Even factoring in UnOrthOdOx's commitments, there is bound to be at least a dozen hours available. I have had turnchat problems, but only because they have been consistently scheduled on my worst times; Sunday night and Wednesday night (Monday and Thursday mornings for me).

If you don't like the idea of changing the chats - great, find an alternative and vote for 'im. I just want to point out that all things turnchat need not be as bad as you may think - we just need to change the days.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 8, 2002, 20:35   #58
jdjdjd
Prince

To Togas,

There's IE, or PW, too. Though Foreign would be a good one for you, if you had the time.

To skywalker,

The experience may be a good one for you no matter what position.

To MWIA,

Great to see you jump in, oh and I always wondered, do you guys in the Southern Hemisphere have to where special shoes so you don't fall off the bottom of the planet?
Old August 8, 2002, 21:04   #59
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Give 'em turn chat scheduling hell MWIA

And please work for turn threads so we can be done with ruling people out due to schedules once and for all.
Old August 8, 2002, 22:40   #60
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'll run for Imperial Expansion minister.