Old August 10, 2002, 20:48   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Join the Unity News Network
Are you an aspiring writer who wants to get his works out to the world? Well now you can! For a special limited time offer, the UNN is taking free signups!

There are several exciting jobs here at the UNN, which include (but are most definately not limited to!!!)

REPORTER: In this job, you go around finding news items, and then you translate those items into articles. After which, you send the articles to the editor! Pay is subject to negotiation.

EDITOR: In this job, you as the editor are charged with the task of finding articles, writing articles, putting them into the paper, and submitting the paper out to the network! You collaberate with the REPORTER, the CHIEF EDITOR, and the GENERAL POPULACE a lot! Pay is subject to negotiation however will not go below 20 dollars per hour.

POPULACE REPORTER: This is possibly the easiest job of them all. From here, all you do is submit articles. No deadlines to worry about, nobody to report to...All you do is submit them to the editor of whicever edition of the paper you wish!

And there are hundreds of other exciting jobs here at the UNN!

BONUS!!!!!!! For a very limited time, joining the UNN as either a reporter or an editor gives you a FREE TRIP TO THE ALPHA CENTAURI STAR SYSTEM ONBOARD THE UNITED NATIONS STARSHIP UNITY!!! *contact your local newspaper for details

Currently, our roster goes something like this:

-------------------
TASSADAR: Chief Editor of the Unity News Network, and Editor of the UNN Wednesday Edition.
CRISLER: Inspirational reporter for all editions of the Unity News Network!

DEATH BY THE SWORD: Populace Reporter
GNOOL: Populace Reporter
KASSIOPEIA: Populace Reporter.
-------------------

Let's get this roster FILLED UP! And all you have to do is ask. What have ya got to lose? Join now!

Paid for an funded by the United Nations - Bringing the World Closer to Your Home, One Meeting at a Time

Last edited by Nubclear; August 12, 2002 at 06:10.
Old August 10, 2002, 21:10   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:53
I'd like to be a Populace Reporter. I could do features on tech discoveries.
Credentials - one year of writing ACfics; IMO my best one thus far can be read in the Apolyton Directory's AC fiction section.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 10, 2002 at 21:22.
Old August 11, 2002, 06:32   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

I donnu if i have any time or the right stuff for this but i want to try it so I want to be a populace reporter too (this means only submit when I have something right?)
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 11, 2002, 06:38   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
I donnu if i have any time or the right stuff for this but i want to try it so I want to be a populace reporter too (this means only submit when I have something right?)
Pretty much. But at least you get a new title!
Old August 11, 2002, 06:40   #5
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Old August 11, 2002, 09:34   #6
DeathByTheSword
King

Btw are we allready on the spaceship or still on Earth? trying to write a story here !
Old August 11, 2002, 09:41   #7
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:53
Almost crashing on Planet I'd say. In the nominations thread Sprayber says Deirdre has already gone off with a pod. Why else would I be here with the PKs?!?
Old August 11, 2002, 14:57   #8
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 01:53
Well can I be a reporter? Could you tell me what I'm supposed to look for as stories? Plus one more questions. 1. What do you mean pay? Are you just adding that for realism? Also should I be doing a really crappy job please tell me or fire me.
Old August 11, 2002, 15:16   #9
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Hold on scrach my post for reporter. I just posted a party and I don't think I'll be able to do both sorry.
Old August 12, 2002, 03:50   #10
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 15:53
I wouldn't mind being a populace reporter. I haven't been in a democracy game so I'm not really sure how to do anything and I think this is the simplest thing I can do (without being a boring old citizen). Can I be one pleeeeeeeeeeez?
Old August 12, 2002, 06:09   #11
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnool
I wouldn't mind being a populace reporter. I haven't been in a democracy game so I'm not really sure how to do anything and I think this is the simplest thing I can do (without being a boring old citizen). Can I be one pleeeeeeeeeeez?
But of course, Comrade Gnool.
Old August 12, 2002, 06:18   #12
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 15:53
woohoo
Old August 12, 2002, 06:27   #13
Nubclear

remember everyone: i need submissions (via PM) by the end of tuesday or the beginning of wednesday....it can be about anything you want...contact me (VIA PM) for more info or questions or whatever.
Old August 12, 2002, 14:35   #14
DeathByTheSword
King

I have PMed you but i like some feedback please!?
Old August 12, 2002, 17:10   #15
jdd2007
NationStates
King

il be a populace reporter (just for the free trip)
Old August 12, 2002, 17:12   #16
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
il be a populace reporter (just for the free trip)
Sorry, but the free trip is only avalible to reporters and editors.....

But for a sum of say, 25 cases of banana mush (I have my own plans for it....) I could maybe put you on the flight...
Old August 13, 2002, 21:37   #17
Nubclear

IMPORTANT REMINDER!!!

All submissions to the UNN must be recieved by TOMORROW.

You can either PM me or contact me at tassadar5000@yahoo.com. If I do not have these submissions, I will not put things in the paper.