Old August 10, 2002, 22:02   #1
Matt_G
Settler

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mike B Firaxis Question on Colossus
I was playing a game as the Indians today. It's 1250 B.C. and I just completed the Colossus. It triggered a GA.
Now the civilopedia says the Colossus is just Expansionist and Religious. The Indians are Commercial and Religious. It shouldn't have triggered a GA. No, it wasn't due to using the UU. I haven't even got to the Middle ages yet, much less Chivalry, which is needed to build War Elephants.
I went into the civ3mod.bic and lo and behold the Colossus is flagged as Expansionist, Religious and Commercial. Why is this not in the civilopedia????
That's really frustrating. If I had known it would trigger a GA, I would have done things a lot differently.
Old August 10, 2002, 22:43   #2
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 01:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Yeah, I just found out the same thing.

I don;t put much stock in the Civiopedia... I depend on either direct examination of the editor, or one of the summaries that people have done.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 10, 2002, 22:53   #3
Matt_G
Settler

Local Time: 23:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Yeah, I just found out the same thing.
Don't you just love it when that happens?

That makes this wonder an instant GA for the Indians, English and the Iroquois. By reading the civilopedia you would just think it would be for the Iroquois.
What I want to know is this the way they intended it to be, or is this a mistake?
Old August 11, 2002, 00:27   #4
Bleyn
Warlord

Local Time: 22:53
I mentioned this in a thread on Editor bugs in the Creation forum last week.

There are several WoWs with seemingly incorrect selections for that property, including a couple that don't have any selection at all when one could be appropriate.

Personally, considering the actual effect of the Colossus, Commercial seems to be the most appropriate of the three traits currently selected on it anyway.

I also have trouble understanding what Copernicus's Observatory or the SETI Program are associated with Expansionists, instead of Science.

And I just noticed that none of the Small Wonders are listed as GA triggers in the 'Pedia, but several are set to be such. Makes it sort of hard to be sure which ones are correct and which are the goofs.
Old August 11, 2002, 09:26   #5
Zachriel
King

Doesn't bother me any. I play in a state of self-imposed ignorance. I like to pretend that I have never had a Golden Age, that I don't know that I will get tanks in 3000 years, that I have never built a Colossus thingy, whatever that is, and that I don't know what Chivalry is until I actually discover it.

Isn't that the way it should be?
Old August 11, 2002, 09:28   #6
Zachriel
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleyn

I also have trouble understanding what Copernicus's Observatory or the SETI Program are associated with Expansionists, instead of Science.
The Copernican Theory led to global navigation.
SETI might one day lead to interstellar exploration.
Old August 11, 2002, 09:57   #7
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 00:53
I think you must of had another Wonder. This other wonder is a commercial wonder, you must have two wonders of each trait to trigger a peaceful GA.

I agree, it sucks, but what can we do.... besides cry and moan about it.