Old August 11, 2002, 17:22   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Campain Thread: Foreign Affairs Minister
I've started this thread for several reasons.

First, to give anyone else who's interested the chance to jump in and announce his candidacy for this job.

Second, to explain my particular ideas and problems to the voters before the election.

Third, to give the voters a chance to toss some difficult questions at me before they choose to vote "banana" instead.

I invite anyone interested in running against me to please post to this thread. In the interest of democracy it's important that the people have a choice. I will not take it personally.

My schedule is somewhat unpredictable and I will not be in turnchats often. For this reason I plan to most post turnthread plans for my office in advance and I also desperately want to have a deputy minister or two who can speak for the office in turnchats should an emergency arrise, and also take my place when I am on vacation from September 7th - 15th.

I plan to run this office democractically. I will use the Machiavelli Institute extensively and I also plan to appoint advisors and ambassadors depending on how many of you are willing.

If you would like to serve in this role, please PM me.

Please post questions and I will answer them as quickly and completely as possible.

Thank you,

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:03   #2
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Just so that you don't feel lonely, I will post this pointless post.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:06   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
im just here to ask one question
if you should win, would you hope on running a second term?

the vacation dates you mention happen to be very tied into the 4th term elections, that is why I ask.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:17   #4
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I actually really like the idea of people running as an institute. That is, they do whatever their people decide. It makes the game just that much more democratic.

Of course, if a radical idea gains massive support, the minister must remember to be sensible.
Old August 12, 2002, 11:34   #5
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
im just here to ask one question
if you should win, would you hope on running a second term?

the vacation dates you mention happen to be very tied into the 4th term elections, that is why I ask.
This thought has crossed my mind and to be honest with you, I can't say if I would or not at this time. If I chose to run again, I would be absent during the next campaign phase and be in a very difficult position to win reelection.

If everything goes well during my first term I'll ask a deputy to put me on the ballot and hope that the voters wanted to keep me.

But if things don't get off the ground or I can't be as active as I'd like to be, I'd step down after one term and let someone else serve in this role.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.