Old August 11, 2002, 23:05   #1
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Fate of Buddy, our fellow Apolytoner
It may be a bit early to post an epilouge to his chapter, but it looks like this may be it for the civer we've known by many names: theStub, The Nothing, Kasya, BudThePoet, Stranger, and many others.

I refer you to this article, which I am told, ran on the front page of the local newspaper in our hometown:
http://<br /> <a href="http://www.h...2003.shtml</a>

In it you will read that Buddy was arrested and charged with opperating a meth lab...... very bad charge.....

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Last edited by OzzyKP; August 12, 2002 at 22:39.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:24   #2
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well Ozzy haven't you ever questioned weither some people on this forum were using nazi crank? I know I have.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:36   #3
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The guy was operating a drug factory.

Boo Hoo he's gone.
Old August 11, 2002, 23:48   #4
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:57
Quote:

Methamphetamine is a highly addictive central nervous system stimulant which often makes users paranoid, violent and delusional.
Sounds a bit like civ II MP

Never let it be said civvers aren't colourful.

Feel sorry for the guy - the sooner they legalise drugs the better.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old August 12, 2002, 01:06   #5
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:57
Yes at least we can weed them out of the gene pool as they kill themselves off.
Old August 12, 2002, 06:05   #6
El Civ
Warlord

Local Time: 00:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Feel sorry for the guy - the sooner they legalise drugs the better.
And legal meth labs will be better how?
Quote:
...had been incarcerated for a probation violation which resulted from a home invasion conviction.

He also has prior offenses including breaking and entering, shoplifting, receiving and concealing stolen property and two alcohol-related charges, court documents show.
My own opinion is that in cases such as these it matters not whether drugs are legal or not. While tragic, this young man obviously has serious problems and drugs are likely the epicenter of them. If drugs were legal I venture to say that he would have still had major problems due to drug use/addiction. Considering his past criminal record I'm surprised that he wasn't in prison serving a long term already. How many chances do we give someone?

Last edited by El Civ; August 12, 2002 at 06:17.
Old August 12, 2002, 11:24   #7
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 06:57
is it only me or doesn´t the link work anymore?
Old August 12, 2002, 11:29   #8
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Feel sorry for the guy, because WHEN it's legal here, treatment will improve.
Meth is a bad deal.
Old August 12, 2002, 13:14   #9
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 07:57
Quote:
Originally posted by oedo
Nah it seems dead.

Quote:
If drugs were legal I venture to say that he would have still had major problems due to drug use/addiction.
Its not the use of drugs that couses the problem, its the problem that couses the use of drugs............

Quote:
Considering his past criminal record I'm surprised that he wasn't in prison serving a long term already. How many chances do we give someone?
For these minor charges
You do have a strange judicial system in the US

Anyway, shame to see him go, always liked playing him.
Old August 12, 2002, 14:23   #10
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Quote:
Feel sorry for the guy, because WHEN it's legal here, treatment will improve.
Well we need only to take 1 look at your picture sloww to see why you are for the legalization of drugs. Damn hippy.

Quote:
Yes, lets be like Europe. Lets let terrorists run free, lets let everyone sit on the street and get high. Lets be like Europe so we can drown in our own liberalism. Europe is weak and causes nothing but problems for the US.

Quote:
My own opinion is that in cases such as these it matters not whether drugs are legal or not. While tragic, this young man obviously has serious problems and drugs are likely the epicenter of them. If drugs were legal I venture to say that he would have still had major problems due to drug use/addiction. Considering his past criminal record I'm surprised that he wasn't in prison serving a long term already. How many chances do we give someone?
Exactly. And this guy had one too many chances as it was. I am not sorry to see him go and I am happy that someone like him is taken off the streets. I'm really surprised at the amount of liberals that play civ2. Obviously the posters from Europe are expected to be liberal looneys, but I didn't expect this many "sorry to see you go" replies to a criminal. Hopefully this time they'll lose the key.

PS VOTE REPUBLICAN IN NOVEMBER

Yours truly, EyesOfNight
Old August 12, 2002, 15:35   #11
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HappySunShine

Yes, lets be like Europe. Lets let terrorists run free
You are absolutely right sunshine, its a lot better to train and fund those terrorists, letting them into the country to take flying lessons and then let them fly into a couple of skyscrapers

Quote:
lets let everyone sit on the street and get high. Lets be like Europe so we can drown in our own liberalism.
You've seen our crime and drug abuse percentages compared to the US?
Years of building new jails and higher sentences really didnt help all those problems now did they?

Quote:
Europe is weak and causes nothing but problems for the US.
We have enough weapons to blow up the world, we just learned we can achieve much more through diplomacy then bombarding.

Quote:
Obviously the posters from Europe are expected to be liberal looneys
Comming from your ignorant, right extremists, big mouth I'll consider this a compliment
Old August 12, 2002, 15:56   #12
markusf
King

Local Time: 05:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Johnson
Yes at least we can weed them out of the gene pool as they kill themselves off.
I couldn't agree more.

wonder how many other nuts/criminals play this game..
Old August 12, 2002, 18:40   #13
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by markusf
wonder how many other nuts/criminals play this game..
I'm a nut

not a criminal

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old August 12, 2002, 19:51   #14
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

I wonder if he'll be able to play civ online in jail.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old August 12, 2002, 20:25   #15
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 21:57
Although the link is dead, you can still access it by typing the first half of the link (up to .com) then go to archives and choose August 8th.

He needs a good lawyer, I think.
Old August 12, 2002, 20:27   #16
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

quote:

Sloww-Feel sorry for the guy, because WHEN it's legal here, treatment will improve.

HappyEyes-Well we need only to take 1 look at your picture sloww to see why you are for the legalization of drugs. Damn hippy.

Don't be so quick to be so judgemental based on your perception of reality, which is in itself a joke.
Old August 12, 2002, 22:38   #17
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oedo
Here is an updated link:

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/stori...80802003.shtml

I also edited the link in the first post.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old August 13, 2002, 06:34   #18
El Civ
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by atawa

Its not the use of drugs that couses the problem, its the problem that couses the use of drugs............
Then what exactly is the problem? Are you saying that his use of drugs is incidental to his criminal activity?

Quote:
For these minor charges
Minor? Home invasion is minor? Breaking and entering is minor? I would imagine that the laws of Michigan are very close to those in my Ohio, which neighbors Michigan. Breaking and entering involves an unoccupied structure, but it is nonetheless forcibly entering a structure to commit a theft offense. Home invasion is much worse. I don't know the circumstances in his case but most typically it involves a robbery, assault or both. Would you consider someone kicking in your front door and invading your home to be minor? Based upon his criminal history one can see a progression of worsening crime, or so it appears. From alcohol violations (which could be drunk driving or underage consumption) to shoplifting to receiving and concealing stolen property to probation violations to B&E to home invasions to operating a meth lab. What was next?

BTW, is anyone suggesting that if we legalize drugs then addicts will no longer commit crimes in order to fund and further their drug habit?
Old August 13, 2002, 08:31   #19
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Anything made legal reduces the crime rate as concerns that particular substance; but if the government decides to make vanilla extract illegal, suddenly organized crime has a new method of making money.
Old August 13, 2002, 09:13   #20
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Quote:
Anything made legal reduces the crime rate as concerns that particular substance; but if the government decides to make vanilla extract illegal, suddenly organized crime has a new method of making money.
Yes, and I guess legallizing it will somehow take away their ability to make money? I think not. Instead of an underground trade it will become a profession. And how can you tell kids to stay off drugs when it's being sold on every street corner? How stupid can you people be?

Quote:
You've seen our crime and drug abuse percentages compared to the US?
Quote:
Years of building new jails and higher sentences really didnt help all those problems now did they?
Actually they did. It is a proven fact that tougher consequences for crimes lower the crime rate. And Holland last time I checked was a small insignificant country. Drug abuse here is smoking weed or doing any sort of illegal substance, drug abuse there...well how can there be drug abuse if it's legal? Obviously a much larger country is going to have more crime than a tiny useless country. Everyone knows the name of the president of the United States, how many people can name the president of Holland?

Quote:
We have enough weapons to blow up the world, we just learned we can achieve much more through diplomacy then bombarding.
With what weapons and what army? Holland isn't even the size of most of our states. What major power would need diplomacy with Holland? I mean seriously, what does Holland have to offer other than a place for drug addicts to go to escape persecution?

Quote:
Comming from your ignorant, right extremists, big mouth I'll consider this a compliment
Well these right extremists for the most part run the country. So comparing the US to Europe I think it's safe to say the right extremists are on the better track. Someday we'll be hearing about Communist Europe and the Democratic super power of Russia. Now that will definitely be something to laugh about. Apparently Europe doesn't learn the lessons of others very well.
Old August 13, 2002, 10:46   #21
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Let's not turn this into an Off Topic Political thread...

The point was that Buddy may not be available to play games... not the justice system in America.

I can see this thread probably won't last much longer
Old August 13, 2002, 13:44   #22
atawa
King

Quote:
Originally posted by an ignorant little boy
Obviously a much larger country is going to have more crime than a tiny useless country.
So what part of the word percentage didnt you understand?

Quote:
Everyone knows the name of the president of the United States, how many people can name the president of Holland?
That would be a great achievement considdering we dont have one.

Quote:
With what weapons and what army?
The country's in the EU have enough nukes to blow up the world.

Quote:
Holland isn't even the size of most of our states. What major power would need diplomacy with Holland?
You tell me, but they all do for some reason.

Quote:
I mean seriously, what does Holland have to offer other than a place for drug addicts to go to escape persecution?
Besides 25$ a month full medical care, 50 days off each year and the knowledge that everywhere you go in the world people think your ok just becouse your Dutch?

Oh I guess things like Heineken, shell, phillips, ING, ahold, the biggest harbour in the world and some lovely windmills and tulipfields

Quote:
Someday we'll be hearing about Communist Europe and the Democratic super power of Russia.

Good thing you have a tennis scholarship

Quote:
I can see this thread probably won't last much longer
Guess you're right, but as off topic as this all is its nothing compared to the spam in most threads around here
Old August 13, 2002, 14:22   #23
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Sigh...