Old August 12, 2002, 08:05   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question by Justin823 from: Can't join lobby
Justin823 posted this question in the FAQ, but since the FAQ is only for known questions+answers and not for open questions and discussion, I'll repost the question here:

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin823
Umm ya new question about Q 23 i replaced the server.dat and i get the server list now but i cant join a lobby?!!?
If anyone knows how to help, please post here rather than in the FAQ (Justin's post will be removed).
Old August 12, 2002, 09:32   #2
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 00:58
I was just trying this the other evening and I could only join the lobby in one of the three servers listed. I downloaded the servers.dat file, but it was apparently not the problem as I could only join one lobby. There were no people listed on any of the servers. I would get the message “Joining Lobby” on the other two servers, but I could never enter. The server called “nl.alink.gamepoint.net” was the only one that would let me join the lobby. I will go check again and report back.
Old August 12, 2002, 10:16   #3
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 00:58
Here’s my report from 1400 hours GMT:

I could see only 2 servers - games.igateway.net and nl.alink.gamepoint.net. I tried to connect to games.igateway.net and received a “Lost Connection” message. When I clicked OK, it tried to join the lobby again only to give me the “Lost Connection” message. I tried four times with the same result. I was finally able to leave the lobby (even though I never entered the lobby) and I successfully entered the lobby at nl.alink.gamepoint.net. I was the only one in lobby.
Old August 12, 2002, 12:58   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 07:58
Re: Question by Justin823 from: Can't join lobby
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Justin823 posted this question in the FAQ, but since the FAQ is only for known questions+answers and not for open questions and discussion, I'll repost the question here:
I think You have to rename the thread from:

The CtP2 FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS/COMPLAINTS/ARGUMENTS and their ANSWERS
To:

The CtP2 FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS and their ANSWERS

That would make it more clear that the thread shouldn't contain any discussion, actual complaints and arguments are part of a disscussion. Of course complaints and arguments can be part of the question or the answer.

To make it more clear you should also edit the first post.

I think the original thread in the Civ3 forum was also considered for discussion and for asking questions, but in the end Marcos removed all the discussion. So also the hint to open a new thread in the forum would be usefull.

-Martin