Old August 12, 2002, 10:24   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
cRPNES: civman's Role-Playing NES
It seems that the old nes has died, so here's my idea for a new one:

Each country is represented by 2 people, the leader and the aristocracy. The leader is the ruler, the single person most in charge. THearistocracy is like the ministers in the other role-playing NES, as well as anyone that would not be considered "the people" that would influence the ruler (examples: Politburo in communism, Congress in democracy, etc).

Also, there are the people. However, unlike the old NES, they are not just the people of a nation. THey are a cultural group, and the borders of the cultural groups never change. Most cultural groups span more than one country, and most countries span more than one culture group. The culture groups are not always just one culture. For example, the European culture group is quite diverse, and the Indo-CHinese could be split between Indians and CHinese.

With 6 nations controlled by 2 people each, and 10 cultural groups, this NES can operate with up to 22 people. It starts when 6 people have joined.

Technology is at 1950 levels for everyone, but there are no nukes. THere are no alliances and no war when it begins.

Countries (color; cultural groups in country):

NAF (blue; N AMerican, L American):
Large Army
Medium Navy
Medium Airforce
Democracy
Leader: Space05us
ARistocracy: ??

The Empire of Brazil (green; L American, S African):
Large Army
Medium Navy
Small Airforce
Republic
Leader: ??

New Ottoman Empire (yellow; European, N African, Mideastern):
Huge Army
Small Navy
No Airforce
Fundamentalism
Leader: jdd2007

European Union (pink; European):
Medium Army
Medium Navy
Small Airforce
Democratic Federation
Leader: WTE_OzWolf

Russia (gray; European, Siberian, Mideastern):
Huge Army
Small Navy
Medium Airforce
Communism
Leader: TheGuitarist

Chinese Empire (maroon; IndoChinese, Japanese, Mideastern, Pacifican):
Large Army
Large Navy
Small Airforce
Communism
Leader: ??

map of nations:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.gif
Views:	103
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	22030  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; August 13, 2002 at 09:22.
Old August 12, 2002, 10:27   #2
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This would be the first NES I have ever taken part in... but the concept sounds interesting.
I would like to lead the Russians, if possible.
Old August 12, 2002, 10:33   #3
Space05us
King

Local Time: 17:58
I'll Lead the NAF

welcome back civman
Old August 12, 2002, 10:38   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Cultural groups (color; nations included): Leaders
North American (blue; NAF): ??
Latin American (bright green; NAF, Brazil): ??
European (pink; EU, Russia, Ottomans): civman2000
North African (red; Ottomans): ??
South African (dark green; Brazil): ??
Mideastern (yellow; Ottomans, China, Russia): ??
Siberian (gray; Russia): ??
Indochinese (maroon; China): ??
Japanese (green; China): ??
Pacifican (orange; CHina): ??

map of culture groups (WILL NOT CHANGE):
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mapcult.gif
Views:	105
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	22031  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old August 12, 2002, 10:40   #5
civman2000
Emperor

whoa, 2 replies while i'm writing up the culture groups! I'll be the European culture group.

Btw, I thought of this while on vacation.

Old August 12, 2002, 10:43   #6
Space05us
King

Quote:
map of culture groups (WILL NOT CHANGE):
even if we commit genocide?
Old August 12, 2002, 10:51   #7
civman2000
Emperor

A few notes:
Egypt is Mideastern even though it's in AFrica. Similarly, Turkey is European in culture though geographically Mideastern. Japan is the smallest culture group, but also the most united and determined to break free from their Chinese overlords. The EUropean Union is the only nation that only covers one culture group, but it is a loose federation and the European culture group is by far the least united, so the fact that it only covers one culture group does NOT make it stronger or more united.

Old August 12, 2002, 10:53   #8
civman2000
Emperor

hmmm...ok, they might change a little bit...

Old August 12, 2002, 10:55   #9
Space05us
King

cool. can I make my first move or should I wait for more people to join?

Old August 12, 2002, 10:57   #10
civman2000
Emperor

wait until we have at least 6 people

Old August 12, 2002, 21:14   #11
civman2000
Emperor

aah, let's jsut start it now before it dies.

Separatist groups are gaining power in Spain and Portugal. With local elections coming up soon, La Falange Nueva ("The New Falange"; Falange was the name of Franco's Fascist Party) seem to have the parliamentary elections won, though it will be a tough battle for governor (OOC: governor is considered part of EU aristocracy)

Last edited by civman2000; August 12, 2002 at 21:28.
Old August 12, 2002, 21:40   #12
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:58
i was thinking about Europe, but then i remembered last time *shudders* and i think i will have -the most unified country- *looks at map* NAF (is that the best name you could come up with?) is taken? well that leaves the new ottoman empire as the next most unified. good thing most nomadic tribes were killed by genocide many years ago, or else we would be fighting among ourselves.

anyone up for an alliance? (besides that brazilian empire)
Old August 12, 2002, 22:59   #13
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Ottoman Comrades! The Russians respectfully request an alliance from our European and Mideastern neighbors to seal our friendship and combine our forces.
Old August 12, 2002, 23:49   #14
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 05:58
I wouldn't mind being the Europe aristocracy...
Old August 13, 2002, 09:38   #15
civman2000
Emperor

FIrst post updated. MWAHAHAHA, OzWolf, I as teh people of Europe get to elect the aristocracy, so I have quite a bit of control over you!

La Falange strongly opposes any positive relations with Russia and even proposes invading Russia!

Spanish election results in!! La Falange now controls 68% of the Spanish Parliament buthas lost the gubernatorial race!! The gubernatorial results:
Reformistas Moderadas (Moderate Reformists): 43%
Partido de Comunistas (Communist Party): 27%
La Falange Nueva: 25%
Other: 5%

The moderate candidate and winner of the election was Juan Montado.

OOC: AS governor, he is now under OzWolf's control

Old August 13, 2002, 10:01   #16
Space05us
King

separatist groups in Spain in Portugaul secretly recieve military weapons from the NAF government including RPGs, Anti Tank guns, Flak guns, and outdated (but still useful) Tanks, and many other weapons. The weapons are shipped in through "civillian" missionaries.

The NAF proposes an alliance with the Russians
Old August 13, 2002, 10:51   #17
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: So the fascist separatists are secretly being aided but publicly the NAF is being friendly to Russia and the communists?

Old August 13, 2002, 11:35   #18
Space05us
King

OOC:who said the Russians are Commies?
Old August 13, 2002, 11:46   #19
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 01:58
The new ruler of the Ottomans institutes sweeping changes. The military, industry and science are beefed up. Ambassadors are sent to Moscow, Washington and London and Beijing. In an effort to show friendship to the local cultures, semi-autonomy is give to Egypt, Turkey, Greece and Arabia. Troops are stationed by the Southern border to Brazil...
Old August 13, 2002, 12:05   #20
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Russia gratefully accepts the NAF treaty offer.

Wary of European troop movements in the west, the Czar orders defensive troops stationed on the European border.

The Ottomans have not yet responded to our treaty offer...

(OOC: yes, we are communists.)
Old August 13, 2002, 12:23   #21
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'll take the Brazillian empire.

We send ambassadors to Moscow, Washington, London, and Bejing.

To NAF, Europe, Russia: We propose a Non-Agression Pact.

To NAF, Russia: Could we join your alliance?

To Ottoman Empire: In the interest of keeping peace, we ask that you pull back your forces from our African border.

We send large amounts of forces to the border with Ottomans, in case they invade.
Old August 13, 2002, 18:11   #22
civman2000
Emperor

Taking advantage of their new autonomy, the Greeks have passed a referendum to join the EU. However, the action is not final unless both the ottomans and EU (since there's no leader the arisstocracy can decide for the EU) agree.

Fed up with the Union government trying to apply Union laws on their banks instead of local Swiss laws, Swiss bankers have frozen all Union government funds as well as many accounts of other local governments, notably the GErman government's.

Using NAF weapons, La Falange has revolted and taken over Iberia!! They have requested Ottoman support, promising to help them "avenge the defeat of the old Ottomans at Vienna" and give them most of Eastern Europe.

For years, Turkey, the core of the Ottoman Empire, has been less fanatically Islamic than the rest (being EUropean instead of Mideastern), and thus applaud the decision to be more open towards other nations. However, a leftist editorial writer going by the pseudonym of "Ataturk Lenin" is saying that it's all just a smokescreen to gian support for a new, high risk campaign against Brazil.

Old August 13, 2002, 18:35   #23
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 05:58
At the bequest of the European Union leader, a request is sent to the NAF to arrange a meeting regarding the secret supplying of weapons to the La Falange seperatist movement.

The diplomats from the Brazillian Empire and New Ottoman Empire are received and their offers are taken in for consideration.

Secretly, the European Union leadership meets and unamiously decides that a military solution will be created to deal with the rebels in Iberia as the La Falange threatens the peace and unity of the Union and its people.
Old August 13, 2002, 18:49   #24
civman2000
Emperor

A (secretly) Falange-supported GErman suicide bomber kills 24 French in Alsace. When his head is discovered in the rubble, friends and family look in his will, which reveals that he (supposedly) did it to make Alsace be part of GErmany instead of being French as it has been for decades.

Old August 13, 2002, 20:39   #25
Space05us
King

The NAF accepts Brazil into the alliance and hopes Russia will do the same.

To the European leader: We want to discuss the purchase of Iceland, and What secrets are you talking about?

...meanwhile seeing the success of the Rebels in Europe the NAF sends even more weapons, including some newer weapons. The NAF also sends Special Forces to train the Rebels, as well as secretly recruiting more people from around the world to fight for the rebels.

To The Spanish Rebels: We ask that you please do not support suicide attacks.

To German Rebels (I assume theres a few): We will be sending you money and weapons; grow in numbers and may luck be with you!

OOC: no reason the Fascists and Commies cant get along, for now

EDIT: anything sent to the rebels is secret
Old August 13, 2002, 22:06   #26
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Russia welcomes Brazil into the alliance along with NAF.

An envoy is sent to the Ottomans strongly urging their leader not to support the La Falange rebels. We remind the Ottomans of the savage terrorism taking place in France. We also offer to talk with our ally Brazil about stepping down troop movements in South Africa if the Ottomans agree to oppose La Falange.
Old August 13, 2002, 23:28   #27
Captain
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
i*looks at map* NAF (is that the best name you could come up with?)
It's a holdover from the longest-running (and arguably greatest) NES ever, SNES2. The North American Federation was created from the Canadian and American nations, plus Mexico and Latin America. In two wars with an Incan empire including Incan terrorist nukes destroying major metropolitan cities around the world, the NAF and allies destroyed the Incans with 60 nukes turning most of South America into a radioactive wasteland. Occupying the land and patrolling land, sky, seas, and space with the largest unified military force in existence, the NAF also created the Genecom Project where 20+ million genetically engineered and biochem/radiation-resistant super-soldiers were created to operate in the danger zones. Along with nuclear winter and famine from the fallout of the Incan war, that new class of superhumans spread to other nations by black market tech, and eventually led to deep conflict internally and globally. The Genecom virus led to war with Russia, with the GDFR, ULS, NAF, and Italians devastating them in conventional (non-nuclear) war. The United Nations and the Olympics were resurrected and diplomatic methods of resolution helped make the world safer. Meanwhile, space conflict continued to rage.

Later, the NAF's long-time ally, the UK, was incorporated into the NAF making it perhaps the most powerful and influential nation on earth (despite having almost no space colonies). Read the whole thing here.

That's where it comes from
btw, civman was the Martian ruler in that NES. plus, the NAF just caught on I suppose.

(sorry for the threadjack... the nostalgia just overwhelmed me.. )
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Last edited by Captain; August 13, 2002 at 23:40.
Old August 14, 2002, 09:22   #28
civman2000
Emperor

yeah i know that nostalgia.......

Now the NAF is considered the standard name to use if someone doesnt want to bother with having both the US and Canada.

By the way, the Falange support of the GErman terrorist was secret, so other nations DO NOT know and believe that they are independant.

La Falange, with the new weapons and training, sends an army of 400,000 to invade France!! They also make rocket missle attacks on Brussels, the Union capital (one of the "newer weapons")!!

A secret new Neo-nazi group in GErmany goes public, and uses the NAF weapons to seize the Governor's Palace in Berlin! They are quickly gaining suppport umong all Russophobic or COmmunophobic GErmans. Outside of BErlin, though, their support is scattered. In most cities they only have a small cell of about 100 people. However, those small cells have been doing all they can to put up propoganda posters throughout their cities.

Message from La Falange (led by Mariano Leon) to Governor of Britain:
Support us against Russia and the Union and:
1. YOu will not be executed and your nation will not be ravaged.
2. You will be given control over Scandinavia.

A similar message also sent to the governor of Italy, promising to give them Yugoslavia.

In Turkey:
Ataturk Lenin, now syndicated and in almost every newspaper, calls for an invasion of Falange-controlled Spain, alliance with Russia, and letting GReece join the EU.

Old August 14, 2002, 09:32   #29
civman2000
Emperor

message from La Falange to NAF (top secret):
TRy to get Ottoman support for you (thus indirect support of us) and distraction from us by proposing a joint invasion of BRazil on both fronts with them. We take Europe, Ottomans have Africa, you have South America means that we have enough firepower to steamroll those commies in Russia and CHina!!

map of rebel regions:
Green=La Falange
Orange=Uncooperative Swiss bankers
Dark blue=Neo-Nazis
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	eurorebels.gif
Views:	44
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	22188  

Old August 14, 2002, 10:03   #30
Space05us
King

(secret) To La Falange: We cannot openly attack Brazil as we have an 'alliance' with them, we will figure something out though.

more weapons and supplies are sent to La Falange, as well as the first 500 "missionaries" recruited by the NAF.

(secret) To the Ottomans: Want to attack Brazil? If so I suggest you attack Russia, I know its not Brazil but it will indirectly affect the. When you attack Russia make it look like they attacked you, then I can attack Brazil claiming that they support your attack on Russia ((IM still "in the alliance")) and just to fool the Russians I can "Invade you" by sending troops to; robot manicans that will simply crawl up your beach for you to shoot at and "kill". What do you say?

To EU: I've noticed your problem over there and I want to help, what can I do? Also I want to discuss the purchase of England, Ireland, as well as Iceland.

OOC: Uncooperative Swiss bankers