Old August 13, 2002, 03:53   #1
abbamouse
Settler

Local Time: 01:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
abbamouse civ pack: 14 New Civs (playable beta)
The new civs are:

Portugal
Polynesia
Morocco
Hungary
Nunavut (the Inuit)
Sweden
Mali
Lithuania
Incas
Maya
Ethiopia
Harappa,
Hittites,
and Java.

I tried to avoid duplicating the Apolyton extraciv pack, but there are a few that overlap. I managed to completely avoid overlap with PtW (though I guessed wrong and had to delete Arabs and put in Incas when the final list came out). All ability combinations are now represented by two civilizations.

Complete data on each civ is available at the same site as the file (about 4 megs):

http://www.wright.edu/~jeffrey.dixon/civ3pack

Still to do: Find proper art for the Kayak (the Inuits' UU), Slinger (Harappan UU), and Voyager Canoe (Polynesian UU). Also need to finish replacing leaderheads with new ones (currently all the animated ones are placeholders), and complete many of the civilopedia entries.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated -- this version is quite playable and I have fun with it (my fundamental purpose in making it) so I'd love to get suggestions so that I can improve it.

Jeff Dixon
aka abbamouse

PS I posted on this before at an earlier stage but wasn't able to properly edit the title of the thread, so I had to post a new one.
Old September 2, 2002, 19:29   #2
Saphire Hawk
Settler

Local Time: 06:02
Great Mod!
I just downloaded your mod today, and it's fantastic. I implemented a world map and extra resources, as well as correct starting places, and I love playing it! I have only tried out the Hungarians(got demolished by the Hittites' three horse chariots) and the Inuits(stopped because of time). Just one things. The capitol of Ethiopia should be Aksum, not Adis Adaba, as Aksum was the capitol for most of Ethiopian history. Great work!
Old October 9, 2002, 08:52   #3
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 07:02
This is really good.

I think you should post it in the Files forum if you haven't done it already.