Old August 14, 2002, 15:28   #1
bignickel
Settler

Local Time: 00:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Great Wonders: What's your neighbors progress?
One of the great things I liked about Civ2 and SMAC was a handy screen that told you what Great Wonders your neighbors were working on, and how far away they were from completing it.

I can't find that screen anywhere in Civ3! Where is it? Is it gone? How can I find out 1. what they're building 2. when it's going to be finished?
Old August 14, 2002, 15:33   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:06
Re: Great Wonders: What's your neighbors progress?
Quote:
Originally posted by bignickel
One of the great things I liked about Civ2 and SMAC was a handy screen that told you what Great Wonders your neighbors were working on, and how far away they were from completing it.

I can't find that screen anywhere in Civ3! Where is it? Is it gone? How can I find out 1. what they're building 2. when it's going to be finished?
Establish an embassy, and spy on the city thats building it.
Old August 14, 2002, 15:37   #3
bignickel
Settler

Local Time: 00:06
1. How can I find out a.) if they're building a wonder b.) what city is building it?

2. Kind of related question: how can I double-click on their capital (if I haven't traded maps yet (haven't discovered writing)), if they keep yelling at me to get off their land?
Old August 14, 2002, 15:55   #4
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 07:06
Quote:
1. How can I find out a.) if they're building a wonder b.) what city is building it?
Use the F7 key.

Quote:
2. Kind of related question: how can I double-click on their capital (if I haven't traded maps yet (haven't discovered writing)), if they keep yelling at me to get off their land?
You do not double-click on their capital, you double-click the star next to your capital's name. However, you must research Writing before you can set up embassies. Prior to Writing, there is no way to establish embassies or spy on your neighbours.
Old August 14, 2002, 16:27   #5
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Also, make sure that you've checked the "Wonder Initiation Pop-Up Box" on the preferences screen. With this box checked, you will get a pop-up notification of any wonder start by any civlization with whom you have established an embassy (but won't be notified if a civ is already working on a wonder when you establish an embassy. It's a good idea to hit F7 each time you establish a new embassy.

The F7 key will then tell you both who is building what in which city, as well as who completed a wonder, when it was finished and where it is located. In order to determine how far along someone is towards building a wonder, you will need to investigate the city, which you can do by clicking the "E" button located along the right side of the unit info box (little box in the lower right corner of the map screen).

Catt