Old August 21, 2002, 11:19   #91
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 06:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
More precisly, I am a MArxist anarchist with some tendancy to highleymanism and chomskism.

I am messy in my head.
Old August 21, 2002, 12:07   #92
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:08
Comsky's not dialectical enough. His world view is too Platonic. I don't know this Highleyman.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old August 21, 2002, 12:30   #93
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Elizabeth Highleyman is one of the founder of the Boston Black Roses, IIRC in 1988. I cant find any link except related to bisexuality/lesbians and gay, because she wrote that since anarchy must destroy all kinds of hierarchy, people should all be bisexual. This sound a bit strange, but for what I know, its quite well demonstrated, though.
Old August 21, 2002, 12:32   #94
chequita guevara
Emperor

I don't want to be bisexual.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old August 21, 2002, 12:33   #95
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 01:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemoniak
I cant find any link except related to bisexuality/lesbians and gay, because she wrote that since anarchy must destroy all kinds of hierarchy, people should all be bisexual.
She sounds a little touched in the head.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old August 21, 2002, 12:34   #96
chequita guevara
Emperor

I'd like to have the dancing ability and fashion sense of a gay man, but that's about it.
Old August 21, 2002, 12:36   #97
Pandemoniak
King

Coming from an evil greedy capitalist pig, she'll take it as a compliment.

Che, she doesnt says we HAVE to eb bisexual, she says we are all bisexuals, but some of us prefer male or prefer females. Anyway, her demonstration that preference is not hierarchy is brillinat. I will try find a link, and Ill send it.
Old August 21, 2002, 12:41   #98
chequita guevara
Emperor

Free Love!
Old August 21, 2002, 12:52   #99
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08

I love threadjacking!
This is interesting stuff though... keep it coming Pandemoniak!

Che... I was afraid of that... maybe I'll give it a spin when the price drops a bit. Barely ever played WarCraft II after I bought it though, so not wanting to spend too much on something I may not play often.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 21, 2002, 13:52   #100
chequita guevara
Emperor

The final battle was impossible. I had to lower all my graphics levels to be able to scroll back and forth from my army to my town and I couldn't produce enough stuff fast enough to keep being overwhelmed. After five tries (45 minutes long) I gave up and hit reduce difficulty.
Old August 21, 2002, 14:01   #101
DaShi
Emperor

CBeast! :shoot:
Old August 21, 2002, 14:02   #102
chequita guevara
Emperor

CBeast?
Old August 21, 2002, 14:05   #103
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
The final battle was impossible.
It's meant to be a delaying action. The Human & Orc bases are expendable and are only meant to help delay the advances of the Burning Legion. They are supposed to fall.
Old August 21, 2002, 14:18   #104
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Oh, that's nice... you're supposed to lose the final battle... great...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 21, 2002, 14:20   #105
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Oh, that's nice... you're supposed to lose the final battle... great...
That's correct. Your just supposed to take 45 minutes to do it. Unless you can point out someway to actually defeat the forces of the Burning Legion.
Old August 21, 2002, 14:23   #106
FlameFlash
Emperor

Nope, no clue how on my end... don't even own the game... wasn't fond of the second one so I'm really leery about investing in the third.

Old August 21, 2002, 14:29   #107
DinoDoc
Deity

Your loss, I suppose.

Anyway, here is a wya to beat the final mission:

Quote:
The summit is the Circle of power to the top right of your base, near the gates. The undead base is at the bottom left corner, and their path will first reach the human settlement (Light blue) then the Orcs (red) then finally the Elven base (white.)

This is a purely defense map. It is near impossible to destroy the Undead base, as it can spawn infinite Burning Legion units (almost actually.) Not to mention that Archimonde is posing near the entrance, it is pretty difficult to gain entry.

Your first immediate task is to have a defense ready. Plug Ancient of Protector around strategic locations of the map, mainly the entrance of the bases. Next, mass up a large army, preferably balanced since the undead will mix up their units, hurling about mixed groups of 20 or so units.

The first task will be to hold the human settlement for as long as possible. The human base has a certain indentation that you could use as a funnel to flank the enemies, but be sure to have wisps on hand to repair the Ancients. Note that Shandria and Tyrande are there, so it helps a lot too.

Note that your heroes can die, since you can resurrect them at the altar (costly though.) Your general plan should be to have Furion join the other heroes. The Dryards make good support units, but keep your main focus on defense. Ballistae with the impalement upgrade are great, as well as mounted Hippogryphs. The gold mine will run out, but there is another one to the west. Don't forget you have two other allies to distract the undead. If you want, you could use some Hippogryphs to battle against the Frost Wyrms that they send. Usually they won't send more than 4 or 5. Gargoyles on the other hand number about 8-10 per attack.

There are several mercenary camps around your base. There are two just south, and another one to the north. You can hire some Furbolgs and Trolls if you wish, but they still take up resources.

The first half of the map isn't really that difficult. Mostly a mix of normal units. Try to make good use of your spells. Tranquility is a good spell to use, as well as the Druid's Roar.

However, near the 20 minute mark, Undead heroes will start appearing. There are three heroes that they use; Anktheron (level 10 Dreadlord,) Azgala (level 10 Pit Lord) and Rage Winterchill (level 10 Lich.) Also notice that wisps will start gathering at the Life Tree.

Towards the 10 minute mark, multiple undead heroes will start attacking you. The Druid of the Talon's Cyclone ability is useful here, allowing you to focus on the fodder before concentrating on the Hero. By now the human settlement should be razed, or at least badly damaged. Move to the orc base if you need to, since you pretty much will need to.

Towards the last few minutes, the pace will pick up so there will be a wave every 30 seconds or less. In the final Minute, Archimonde himself will start the ascent to the summit. This is more of a stalling game. Just flood the hell out of him, slamming every spell and attack you have on him. You should be able to wait out the full last minute here. Once you do, you have finished the Scenario, as well as the Nightelf Sentinel campaign and Warcraft 3.
Congratulations!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...rcraft_iii.txt
Old August 21, 2002, 14:32   #108
DinoDoc
Deity

Or you could just look at this in-depth FAQ on that particular mission: Twilight of the Gods Strategy
Old August 21, 2002, 14:35   #109
FlameFlash
Emperor

It's that good then?

Maybe it's the style of the game that doesn't peak my interest... I'll try and find somebody with a copy I can play around with... then I might get my own.

Old August 21, 2002, 19:03   #110
chequita guevara
Emperor

Yes, you lose no matter what, you just have to not do it before 45 minutes are up. I couldn't do it. The best I got still had a couple of minutes left on the clock. After doing this five times, (read 3 hours 45 minutes) it got annoying, so I hit the reduced difficulty button. The end videos were hilarious. I laughed so hard!
Old August 21, 2002, 19:33   #111
chequita guevara
Emperor

Damnit! I didn't know I could make hypogriff riders!
Old August 21, 2002, 19:35   #112
DinoDoc
Deity

That might have made your job easier.
Old August 21, 2002, 21:03   #113
chequita guevara
Emperor

It also would have been easier if I knew I could slow the damn game down. Argh! That's what I get for not exploring every single button. I didn't see a speed option in the documentation.
Old August 21, 2002, 23:05   #114
Pandemoniak
King

I had to use the whosyourdaddy code to win that level... But after U kill Archimonde with one arrow, its no fun... anyway, You have about 3min to help the human base (where u hero is), meaning not enough time to gather any army...
Old August 22, 2002, 00:12   #115
chequita guevara
Emperor

I held on to the human base for about 16 minutes. I held on to the Orc base for 17 minutes. That left 12 minutes to hold my base, I thought I could do it, I had acient defenders everywhere. The cut though me in nine. That was at my best.
Old August 22, 2002, 00:14   #116
Pandemoniak
King

ar, u r just far better than me on war3 then...
Old August 22, 2002, 00:19   #117
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 14:08
I dispise scenarios like this. Got one or two like that in Starcraft
Old August 22, 2002, 01:00   #118
chequita guevara
Emperor

I never finished the Zerg campaign. Stupidly, I think I tossed Starcraft cds, not thinking to get the friggan no cd cracks. Well, maybe I didn't look hard enough and they're still around here somewhere. If push comes to shove I can just have my buddy dup them for me.
Old August 22, 2002, 01:31   #119
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 14:08
I finished all of them. Men are they a drag. Kept dragging on and on and on.