Old August 30, 2002, 09:43   #61
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 00:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Amen, shadowlord.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 30, 2002, 15:46   #62
smhfan86
King

Local Time: 01:10
08 to flame

i don't mind continuing on either. but it would still be nice to know who had what.

fyi, the difference in tech costs, for my factions is, one with 37, and the other with 66. same # of techs, and research rate.
Old August 31, 2002, 22:10   #63
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

As I said in my e-mails... no SE options at this point to test... though neither are as major in difference than smh tech wise, while they're a bigger difference than shadowlord has... I'll try and remember to check on those when I play next.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 2, 2002, 01:42   #64
shadowlord3
Prince

2108 to SMH.
Old September 2, 2002, 05:11   #65
smhfan86
King

09 to flame.

well, i just got another tech for one of the factions, and the tech cost jumped from 66 to 93. i highly doubt the tech cost would jump much for the other faction.

the point of going uofp/cyborgs is to have a superior research rate than the others, and if the other players have better research rates because they're playing at a lower level of difficulty, then there's really no point, as trying for transcend is that much harder.

so, if it turns out that we aren't playing on an even field, i suggest we could restart without a CMN, and just include the AI.

Just remember to check the SE switch costs once you guys get the opportunity.
Old September 2, 2002, 17:42   #66
FlameFlash
Emperor

I'll check when I can... though you're probably right that if we're at different difficulties for some reason to just stop and restart...

turn received... will play shortly...

I actually need to ask in another game about this tech bug too...

Old September 2, 2002, 19:12   #67
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I did set the game to transcend.
However; I do remember this problem occuring with some of the early AXT games. I have made enquiries as to the cause & how to prevent it. You can't change it now, suggestions from the past include an energy credit tax for those factions on the lower setting.

Sorry,

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old September 2, 2002, 19:22   #68
FlameFlash
Emperor

heh... I'd be for a credit tax... sounds like an interesting idea... any other suggestions?

Old September 2, 2002, 19:25   #69
smhfan86
King

personally, trying to calculate a fair tax would be too tough. as trying to equate research time, # of SE switches someone likes to make, etc, with a tax, would be impossible. also, i'm assuming, the alien mindworms are also tougher for the factions at transcend.
Old September 2, 2002, 21:36   #70
shadowlord3
Prince

2109 to SMH.
I now have 3 techs for each faction with no bonuses and my rate is 33 for one and 53 for the other. It looks like I went 30 to 33 and 33 to 53 with the 2 factions after each received their 3rd tech. You can compare these results with yours and see if you think that it is fair or not.

As for taxes or restarting who says war has to be fair. I dont care what we do. No matter what we do I will fight to the end.
Old September 3, 2002, 00:28   #71
H0bbes
Emperor

According to my sources, the only faction affected will be the first one which will be on Transcend. All the other factions have defaulted to Librarian.

So, theoretically, only Flameflash is disadvantaged, and only the first of his factions- the Morganites I believe, will be affected.

However SMH is reporting something different..........

Tech. stagnation was off.

You have only played 10 years so a restart is possible....

On the positive side, I now know how to prevent it in future!

You have to: menu/scenario/edit scenario rules/force current difficulty level

Please sent me a current save so that I can play around.

My apologies again,

Hobbes

Old September 3, 2002, 09:45   #72
FlameFlash
Emperor

Heh... then maybe I should point out the fact that I'm not having any problems... the Morgans are actually going faster than Lal... and each of them are in the 20s not 30s or anything like that.

I think just doing a restart if Hobbes knows how to fix it would be the best thing to do.

Old September 3, 2002, 10:44   #73
shadowlord3
Prince

Sounds okay to me, since I played the last turn I will send H0bbes the save game when I get home if SMH doesn't beat me to it.
Old September 3, 2002, 18:53   #74
smhfan86
King

very well, but i suggest hobbes play the game out first, to make sure every faction has a 40 ec cost for SE switches, and that everything else is okay too. don't wanna restart again, after this one. cuz i had a good start too.
Old September 4, 2002, 11:58   #75
FlameFlash
Emperor

And maybe at the same time he starts and plays through game 1, game 2 can get up and running too...

If that's not too much trouble for you, Hobbes...

Old September 4, 2002, 17:53   #76
H0bbes
Emperor

I still haven't received the save. I will do 2 games simultaneously. Same factions etc?

Old September 4, 2002, 18:43   #77
shadowlord3
Prince

Last turn sent to Hobbes.
Old September 4, 2002, 20:04   #78
FlameFlash
Emperor

erm... I can't remember the set-up for the game 2... smh would know...

Old September 4, 2002, 20:08   #79
H0bbes
Emperor

I checked the game & all factions are on Librarian except SMH's Consciousness, which is on Transcend. Any other aberrations you found are figments of your imagination!

Hobbes.

Old September 4, 2002, 20:11   #80
FlameFlash
Emperor

Great... now I'm on something

Old September 5, 2002, 21:16   #81
H0bbes
Emperor

FV1 has been sent to FlameFlash. Map was tweaked a little & starting positions may have changed, otherwise everything is the same. I played 10 turns & couldn't find any problems.

I will work on FV2 this weekend, I want to try a few things. I will go off the faction choices you listed in the beginning so if you want that changed, email me ASAP.

Hobbes

Old September 6, 2002, 06:50   #82
shadowlord3
Prince

2102 to SMH.

Thanks again Hobbes.
Old September 6, 2002, 06:56   #83
smhfan86
King

03 to flame.

hobbes, did you check to make sure all the se switches for each faction cost 40 ecs? if so, then i think and hope that this is our last restart.
Old September 6, 2002, 12:25   #84
FlameFlash
Emperor

Sounds great, Hobbes, and thanks for all this.

Turn received... will play after work.

Old September 7, 2002, 03:44   #85
H0bbes
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by smhfan86
03 to flame.

hobbes, did you check to make sure all the se switches for each faction cost 40 ecs? if so, then i think and hope that this is our last restart.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old September 7, 2002, 23:34   #86
smhfan86
King

great. looks good hobbes.

04 to flame
Old September 8, 2002, 16:17   #87
FlameFlash
Emperor

Many thanks again, hobbes... turn received... played... will send shortly.

Old September 8, 2002, 20:49   #88
smhfan86
King

05 to flame
Old September 8, 2002, 20:51   #89
FlameFlash
Emperor

turn received... will play shortly.

Old September 8, 2002, 21:42   #90
shadowlord3
Prince

2105 to SMH.