Old August 23, 2002, 06:32   #31
Firebird
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 07:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Re: Re: Re: What Is The Max Players In A Game For Ptw?
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

We are still working on determing which multiplayer modes will have the AI available.

Any game played in multiplayer can have no more than 8 players, whether they are human-controlled or AI-controlled. If you attempt to play a scenario with more than 8 player slots, the number of available player slots will be reduced to 8 and each player will be able to select from among all player slots as their civ. For example, if you attempt to play a 16-player scenario, you will be presented with 8 player slots but each player can choose which of the 16 civs in the scenario they are playing. So you will only get 8 of the 16 players but you will be able to select which 8 of the 16 are in the game. Note that the maximum number of players in multiplayer has not yet been determined but will be at most 8.
Why not more than 8 players in MP???
I don't care about the max. of human-controlled, but why limit the AI-controlled? I am very happy playing with 16 civs at a time, and even scenarios with more than 16 will not scare me. More civs adds so much more to diplomacy and diversity. To me there seems to be a kind of critical lower limit of civs. That is somewhere around 10-12 civs. When playing with only 8 civs a few exterminations will drop that number far too low, resulting in great limitations on diplomacy. Now why is that MP-limit of 8 nessesary?
Old August 23, 2002, 09:20   #32
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 00:17
Simultaneous mode will surely do the trick. 31 players move at the same time with a fast computer no problem and you will be in the industrial ages in no time. But I can think of a MP-game with 31 people will surely be fun and of course it will be more or less a deathmatch with so many civs on and some might need to go early in the end there will be 8 or 9 super civs and they would battle it out. Hope I will see this one day.

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old August 23, 2002, 10:19   #33
XarXo
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Wohohooo! 31 players AT THE SAME TIME (almost in SP). This is great! Thanx FIRAXIS
Old August 24, 2002, 19:18   #34
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 01:17
31 civs

Sweet

Should make those 256x maps more fun to play, less open space.

(max number of cities still at 512 or whatever? That may be reached faster then)

Nonetheless, sweet. Crowded maps, earlier battles. I guess there will then be 31 of each luxury? Wow, can't wait.
Old August 24, 2002, 19:24   #35
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 08:17
Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
31 civs

Sweet

Should make those 256x maps more fun to play, less open space.

(max number of cities still at 512 or whatever? That may be reached faster then)

Nonetheless, sweet. Crowded maps, earlier battles. I guess there will then be 31 of each luxury? Wow, can't wait.
Make that a small map instead, and see how crowded it can be
Old August 24, 2002, 19:32   #36
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 01:17
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

Make that a small map instead, and see how crowded it can be
pray that your turn is first, otherwise there may not be space to build that first city. (at least on tiny)

(*note: I can't remember who goes first, the player or the AI and in what order)
Old August 24, 2002, 19:41   #37
teturkhan
Warlord

I got a problem
I added 19 civs to game using the current editor, so when you go to the menu you get 19 choices but can only play with 16. All good so far... but once the game starts everything seems to work alright except the diplomcay..

When I in the diplomacy screen, instead of just seeing what the other side is saying I get some programing stuff too: ; Mediterraneans = AI's people (ADJ)

also the foreign advisor screen is all messed up, the ICons are all mixed? - got Mao's icon for English that sort of thing...

Can anyone pls help out, the mod is done finally except for this prob..

thanks
Old August 24, 2002, 19:45   #38
XarXo
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
I guess there will then be 31 of each luxury? Wow, can't wait.
Something interesting, will be NEW RESOURCES in Civ III: PtW? For example:

- Marble (Gives an extra point of culture in all the culture improvements in connected cities)
- Copper ore (for build all the electric plants/hoover dam/electrical things)
- Helium3 (necessary for build the engine of the space machine, really rare, 1 or 2 in all the planet)
- Chocolate (+hapiness)
- Drugs (variable hapiness, sometimes +2/+1, sometimes -2/-1, it gives a 10% more money in each city were is present)
Old August 26, 2002, 07:48   #39
SABRA
Civilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Warlord

Local Time: 08:17
Re: I got a problem
Quote:
Originally posted by teturkhan
I added 19 civs to game using the current editor, so when you go to the menu you get 19 choices but can only play with 16. All good so far... but once the game starts everything seems to work alright except the diplomcay..

When I in the diplomacy screen, instead of just seeing what the other side is saying I get some programing stuff too: ; Mediterraneans = AI's people (ADJ)

also the foreign advisor screen is all messed up, the ICons are all mixed? - got Mao's icon for English that sort of thing...

Can anyone pls help out, the mod is done finally except for this prob..

thanks
You need a leader head .
Gramphos or Montezuma ( the last name maybe different ) has made some if correct .

Look in CIV3 Files or Help .