Old August 20, 2002, 16:23   #31
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To Italy: Agreed, but don't expect us to support you always. This is just to acknowledge that neither side plans to attack the other, not to be a binding agreement of friendship.

A draft has been ordered in Brazil. The army will be large by tomorrow late morning.

THe government of Brazil is a Roman-style republic. Joao Cristo (John Christian) is the king. The assembly, senate, and king must support something to pass. The senate needs 60% to overcome a king's veto, the assembly needs 70%. The senate can be bypassed with 60% supporting in hte assembly. It takes 80% in the Senate to bypass the assembly. The Senators have life terms, and are elected by the senators and approved by the province. THe assembymen are elected by the people.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old August 20, 2002, 16:34   #32
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 02:18
Germany is frustrated with the other European countries, but promises not to invade Poland.

*In secret, the huge German Army continues massing*

To Europe: An alliance nonetheless?
Old August 20, 2002, 21:48   #33
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 06:18
Australia to Mexico
We accept your proposal for a NAP. Let out nations grow great together in peace.

In The News

Canberra, Australia - Despite a vocal resistance to increased defence expenditure, the Australian government has voted to increase the Navy budget two fold, allowing it to expand its naval capacity and capability to match possible threats.

"We live in volatile times." President OzWolf stated. "Our borders are threatened daily not only by the public boat people problem but also the growing tension between the world super-powers. If we do not do something now, our forces will be obsolete when they may be needed the most."

The extra expenditure has caused minor riots in Indonesia and the Malayan Penisula as local protest groups declare that the diverted money is coming from the infrastructure support of their region. President OzWolf denies this, stating that every region in Australia has lost some revenue in the budget adjustment.

In other news, Australia has signed its first major international agreement with Mexico, entering into a Non-Agression Pact. Australia's Foreign Minister hopes that this agreement will lead to a widened trade market between the two countries.

Secret Intelligence

The Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) deploys spies to numerous countries in an effort to gauge the current political disposition of the world.
Old August 21, 2002, 10:06   #34
Space05us
King

Local Time: 18:18
Production on the aircraft has been completed and the first squadron has been trained. The public rejoices and throws parades all throughout Italy in honor of the newly founded airforce.
The Itallian army is now large, but the majority of it is reserves. however the 1/4 that is currently active service is highly trained, and ready for anything.

To Australia: Wanna NAP together?
To England and France: May I please join your MMP?
To Germany: are you going to join the European MPP (EMPP)?

Italy begins work on a secret project, nobody knows what it is, or if it even exists for sure...

ooc: is the list on the first page up-to-date?
Old August 21, 2002, 15:11   #35
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Germany will join the EMPP.
Old August 21, 2002, 17:12   #36
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 07:18
I just got back from Vacation and I'm ready to take on a new NES

Is the Ottoman Empire still open?
If yes I'll take it.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old August 21, 2002, 17:25   #37
Giovanni Wine
King

Emperor Baruk, of the Holy Ottoman Empire greets every leaders of the world.

To European Nations: Would you like to help us start building a Air Force, we feel very unsafe without one, but out engeniers are not good enough. If you help us we will be more than willing to sell you some of our Oil, and to sign a NAP with you.

To Russia: We would like to sign a NAP with your great nation

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old August 21, 2002, 22:00   #38
Space05us
King

Italy sends the layouts for the aircraft that they produce.
To Baruk: Sorry I cant help out in any other way at the moment but as you know Germany is being a pain.
Old August 21, 2002, 22:03   #39
Space05us
King

ooc: hehehe I got it before Giovanni again!!
Old August 22, 2002, 16:23   #40
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

BRazil invades the Boer Empire! They meet little resistance (they have half of the organized and centralized Brazilian amry facing a small army spread througout a huge empire) and have already conquered a third of the Boers.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old August 22, 2002, 18:34   #41
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
hmmm...that map looks pretty messy. If you want I could clean it up a bit...

I guess I'll be Brazil.
please do.

[quote]OOC: Skilord, Mexico and Australia are the same color! And is alaska part of Russia or China?[quote]

Russia, sorry.

SKILORD takes up as America, the new Pres. of the Manifest Destiny party, Mr. Wilk, ends the isolationism with a pledge of support to brasil.
Old August 22, 2002, 19:21   #42
jdd2007
NationStates
King

*Germany invades Poland!*

The huge army crushes opposing forces.

To Brazil:
To Italy: Germany wants to be friendly, not a "pain"
OOC: if i really am a pain, i will leave

OOC: I dont mean to recreate a world war in anyway.
Old August 22, 2002, 19:55   #43
Space05us
King

OOC: I was talking IC jdd.

Italy sets up heavy defenses on its boarder with Germany and waits...
Old August 22, 2002, 21:49   #44
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Australia to Italy

We gladly enter into a NAP aggreement with your country. We welcome the chance to foster better relationships between our great nations.

The Australian government also proposes a Defence industries agreement, whereby Italy receives Australian built warships in exchange for Italian built aircraft.

In the News

Newcastle, Australia - Admidst great fanfare, the new Australian battleship ARS Australia was launched at the Newcastle shipyards. The launch of the ship has heightened suspicion that the Australian government had increased naval expenditure well before it was ratified in parliament. The only incident recorded for the day was a small band of Thai protestors who attempted to lay down on the slip rails, preventing the vessel's launching.

Police will not be charging the protestors.

Also in the news, riots in Jakarta have increased as the right wing faction of the local government esculates their campaign to declare independence from the Australian nation, citing oppressive rule from the majority-white government.

Finally, overtures to our northern neighbours of China and India have gone unheeded and the defence force has been moved up to combat ready status with suspected covert operations expected against the Australian borders.

Secret Intelligence

Operatives of Australia assassinate the right wing faction leader in Vietnam. The government claims no knowledge of the action and blames local political rivalry as the source of the assassination.
Old August 22, 2002, 23:17   #45
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 01:18
To America: NAP?

Mexico invades the Boer Empire! Like Brazil, Mexican forces met little resistance, and have taken much land.
Old August 23, 2002, 06:31   #46
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

England secretly begons building up its armed forces.

England accepts all naps and mpps proposed, EXCEPT the one proposed by that warmonger, jdd2007!

ooc: please dont leave jdd2007.
Old August 23, 2002, 06:56   #47
Giovanni Wine
King

Ottoman to Italy:
Thanks my friend, we will now begin shipping Oil to your country, as the trade to continue going on without risks I think it could be a good idea to sign a NAP between our countries.

Ottoman to England:
Will your great nation sign a NAP with us?

Ottoman to the World:
King Baruk, from his palace denounces the military actions of Brazil and Mexico against the Boer Empire as completely unfair, and against the right of sovreignity of a very pacifist nation such as the Boer Empire.
King Baruk hopes that the world will take a strong stand against those two warmongering nation.

Saluti
Old August 23, 2002, 10:06   #48
Space05us
King

To The World: I agree with the Ottoman King. Warmongering should not be excepted in this, a civilized, time. I call upon the EMPP to push Germany of Poland.

To Brazil and Mexico: Please stop invading innocent nations.

To The United States of America and Russia: Please help us stop Mexico and Brazil from over running the Boers.

Italy's forces cross over the Alps and begin an invasion of Germany. Fighter pilots watching the fight unfold below get an ingenious idea, they start dropping gernades, and mines on the enemy troops! The objective of this push is to capture all of Hungary and free the people from German oppresion!

NAF scientists realizing how sucidal it is to attack fortified positions begin work on something to protect the troops...

IN THE NEWS:

As Itallian forces advance, to thier horror, they discover the remains of mass burials and huge crematoriums backed up with thousand of bodies. The people here are expected to be former Russian peasants who had been captured and used for scientific experiments, that failed. More as it arrives!

ooc: its propaganda, just making sure I tell you so you dont assume that Ive illeagaly taken control of Germany.
Old August 23, 2002, 13:33   #49
SKILORD
King

Mexico I accept, Brazil, shall we finish this off and form an American MPP system to save us from europe?

The USA Invades the Boers as well. Their Kitty Hawk fighters manage to rain death on unsuspecting tribesmen and their Infantry meet little resistance.
Old August 23, 2002, 15:18   #50
Giovanni Wine
King

As the war against the Boer Empire increase, the Ottoman King, Baruk, feel that his country is too vulnerable to attacks.

He then decided to train more soldiers, and start building a first squad of ari fighters and bombers.

In order to get enough people involved in the military King Baruk pushed a lot into the Holy wars, fanatism (OOC: great thing being a Theocracy) and any sort of religiuos connected stuff.

Fanatics from all around the Empire start signing in the army, the navy, and the new borned air force.

----------------------
The army will reach large in 2 turns
The navy will reach large in 4 turns
The air force will reach medium in 8 turns

Saluti
Old August 23, 2002, 15:34   #51
jdd2007
NationStates
King

OOC: ok. thats good. : )

To the world: Germany is not the only nation invading a neighbor, so dont single out our great country. Also, all claims about research on Russian Peasants is false [ooC: and disgusting]

To Italy: Your actions were expected. You have struck hard, but soon, a large German army will crush your soldiers on our home ground. You dont think we sent 100% of our forces into Poland? Which by the way is falling swiftly.

To the Ottomans: Germany would like to offer an olive branch, and a NAP.

To the Nations of Europe: Why dont you want a MPP with us? We do not warmonger, and after Poland, we will stop aggression.

To the World: Attacks on the Boer empire are at best pathetic. 2-3 powerful nations walking over a country like that is almost laughable. However, Germany has better things to do than save a country with a few dozen modern weapons.

To America: We hope for good relations...
Old August 23, 2002, 17:12   #52
civman2000
Emperor

sorry, with school, i do not have time to participate in th=is NES. SOmeone else can take Brazil

Old August 24, 2002, 00:28   #53
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

To America: An American MPP (America, Mexico, Brazil) is a good idea. I say we go ahead and do it. (Since Brazil's not lead by a person, and we were allied, we can say that they join our alliance.) Oh, and I have an idea for partitioning The Boer Empire: you (America) gets the top 1/3, us (Mexico) gets the middle 1/3, and Brazil gets bottom 1/3.
Old August 24, 2002, 00:33   #54
Jonny

A few more things:

Our air force is now medium.

We are now upgrading our Navy to Large (2 days.)
Old August 24, 2002, 07:23   #55
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

england to Italy

I accept your offer for a nap, and propose a mpp.

--------------

England supports all attack vs. that warmonging nation, germany.
Old August 24, 2002, 10:26   #56
Giovanni Wine
King

Diplomacy
Ottomans to Germany: The Holy Ottoman Empire seek peace with every one, therefore we will gladly accept your NAP proposal, we wish you the best.

----------------
Defense Projects:
Army to Large: 1 day
Navy to Large: 3 days
Air Force to Medium: 7 days

Saluti
Old August 24, 2002, 10:38   #57
jdd2007
NationStates
King

*Even as its troops cut down Poles and shell Italy, Germany begins a massive plan to construct the largesy, strongest, fastest, best navy in the world. This project might take up to 3 years, but work is already underway.*

To American Alliance: Soon, there will be a large war all over the globe. It is inevitable. As other European countries dismiss us like England, or invade us like Italy, we want to be your ally. When, God-Forbid, this war comes, you will be glad to have our huge army, (soon) huge navy, and modern air force on your side.

*German soldiers take Warsaw. The war is winding down, but it is not doing anything of the sort on the border with Italy.*

*In shipyards all over Germany and Poland, battleships, 'carriers,' and destroyers are being constructed.*
Old August 25, 2002, 10:44   #58
SKILORD
King

Fine by me Mexico.
Old August 25, 2002, 12:09   #59
Giovanni Wine
King

God-like King Baruk of the Holy Ottoman Empire was looking at the new divisions of his Imperial Guard.

"GreaT... with such a big army nobody will dare attack us, the Holy Ottoman Empire, no infedels will ever enter thesa lands"

-----------------

Military Defense Projects Update:

Army to Large: Done
Navy to Large: 2 days
Air Force to Medium: 6 days

Saluti
Old August 25, 2002, 15:17   #60
jdd2007
NationStates
King

German forces complete invasion of Poland!

In what has been called the swiftest attack in history, German troops have crushed the last resistance of the Kingdom of Poland. The [former] Polish foreign Minister signed a 'Peace deal' with Berlin today, essentially making the occupation formal. The Polish Royal Family fled to Russian Latvia a few days before the occupation of Warsaw. German diplomats have said that they can return without harm, but sources indicate that the Court will move to a more permanent home in the Russian province Lithuania, which has offered 'refuge.' A Polish politician commented, "There they will continue their lavish lifestyle, while their people suffer under the heel of oppresion from Fritz. Most of the Senators and I will stay here in Poland." The man wished to remain anonymous, for obvious reasons.