Old September 10, 2002, 15:30   #31
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
I would like to announce that I am back, and that promptly I will update the foreign civs report for 30 bc. And as a question, when are the new elections?
Thanks for the update. I'll reflag your report as 'updated'.

Nominations are occuring now in the Topped Election Nominations thread.

No one seems to be sure about when the elections start, lol, but everyone I've asked so far thinks it's the 12th but isn't sure.

-- adaMada
Old September 11, 2002, 16:52   #32
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:34
Have you noticed that Bombay is now no.5 in the top city list?
They'd have to be very happy down there - otherwise, a city like Rome would have been in the list.

Just thought I'd point that out.
Old September 11, 2002, 16:56   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:34
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
No one seems to be sure about when the elections start, lol, but everyone I've asked so far thinks it's the 12th but isn't sure.

-- adaMada
We USED to have a constitution but it appears to have vaporized. It USED to say that the elections started on the 12th and ran for 5 days.
Old September 11, 2002, 16:57   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
That's it, I'm dead. See you all.
So I guess UnOrthO is officially President then..............
Old September 12, 2002, 09:19   #35
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:34
I suggest that the statement of Foreign Policy includes a policy regarding the foreign workers. They have an influence on the attitudes of foreign civ and a comprehensive foreign policy cannot forget them.

When the jungles will have been cleared, there could be instances when it would be usefull to give back or sell the slaves either to their nation of origin or to someone else.
Old September 13, 2002, 23:05   #36
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Foreign Relations Press Release, 70 AD
Our troops have been inflicting heavy losses on the Persian Military, yet there is no sign of the war coming to an end.

To finance such a long and costly war, however, it has become necessary to raise money through Diplomatic means. The Foreign Ministry is pleased to announce that we were able to trade dyes for Gold with France, securing money for our military's use and also securing a map of the Greek Island in the process. Utilization of our Dyes is crucial, considering the abundance of them in our region.

We are now connected and able to trade resources and luxuries with several nations, including Rome, France, Greece, and soon Germany.

In 10 BC, Germany and the Aztecs declared peace. This relieves most of the pressure that the Aztecs were under, but may be problematic if the Aztecs are able to take over any of America's land.

We must tread cautiously now, as we have observed several other nations, including Greece and Rome, beginning what can only be described as a Military buildup. We can probably expect another AI war sometime in the immediate future. The Foreign Ministry is taking steps to help ensure that we do not find ourselves the target of Foreign Aggression, but we should be vigilant all the same.

-- adaMada
Old September 14, 2002, 21:26   #37
adaMada
King

Foreign Relations Press Release, 170 AD
Quote from 170 AD Status Report by adaMada

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
The past hundred years have perhaps been one of the most successful in the history of Apolytonia. We have dealt the Persians a dramatic blow, defeating a total of twelve thousand of their troops with only two thousand losses to ourselves. Our troops have razed Sidon and added Tyre to our great empire. While fighting, Commander Ramses of the Eighteenth Elite Horse Battalion showed exceptional valor, distinguishing himself as one of the Great Leaders in our Civilization. He is being reassigned to Ubergorsk while our leaders ponder a more appropriate assignment for him. In the field of Foreign Affairs, we managed to secure an exclusive import agreement with Rome for their fine Ivory, while still making a profit by signing agreements regarding our dyes with other Civilizations.

Credit for these amazing events need to be spread throughout multiple people. First, all attendees deserve credit. Thanks to Aro, Rangers, Aggie, Apoc, Sprud, adaMada, adaMada42, MrWIA, MrWheresItAt, and MWIA for coming. (Tragically, MrWIA was forced to eject MrWheresItAt and MWIA forcibly from the chat when they became unruly). Without the contributions of this group, we would have accomplished little. Some of our citizen’s actions also stand about above others in the events of this past century. Credit goes to General Aggie, who has led our troops to victory against hordes of Persian forces. Credit goes to President MrWheresItAt, whose steady hand has guided our nation through these events with such skill that have led some to wonder if he just isn’t lucky. Credit goes to Shiber and E_T, who formulated the two plans that were combined by Acting Foreign Minister adaMada to produce the trading plan that we used so fruitfully. All things considered, this is a fitting tribute to the success of this Administration. May we see many future centuries pass as fruitfully.

-- adaMada --
Specifically, we secured Ivory from Rome for Dyes, 5 gold per turn, plus eight gold (thanks to E_T for originally suggesting the Trade to the Foreign Ministry). The Foreign Ministry was able to make up the cost by selling Dyes to Germany for 3 gold, 6 gold per turn, and their world map (thanks to Shiber for originally suggesting this trade to the Foreign Ministry). Finally, we were able to further increase our coffers by trading Dyes to Greece for their world map and 27 gold, and Horses to France for their world map and 34 gold. (Again, thanks to Shiber).

Through these deals, we were able to improve our relations with many nations. Germany and France both remained furious with us throughout the trade, but Greece and Rome both became polite for a period. By the end of the chat, however, Rome had become annoyed again.

It is important to note that Rome has been now moved several units directly outside of Cherbourg, and it would seem to be in our best intrests to trade this city to another power to avoid war with Rome.

-- adaMada

Last edited by adaMada; September 15, 2002 at 09:29.
Old September 14, 2002, 21:32   #38
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Let's give it to the Germans..............

Maybe they won't be furious and if Rome and Germany go to war they'll want to stay on our good side so we'll let their troops pass through.
Old September 14, 2002, 22:27   #39
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My Return
I have returned from my week long vacation. It's great to be back but I feel like I really missed a lot and I'm going to spend the next few hours catching up!

If I win the election, I will make a new Foreign Ministry Office thread, including most of the features from this thread.

The first post will list Ministry staff.
Second post will now list current wars, alliances, RoPs, pacts, etc, that we are aware of. It will be a nutshell of what is currently going on in the world.
Third post will be policy.
Forth post will be ada's excellent summary of all relevant foreign affairs incidents and issues.
Fifth post should be Gepap's summary.
Sixth and subsequent posts will be regular updates.

I would like to humbly request that citizens refrain from posting to the Office Thread. Please send PMs.

But until the next term begins, please feel free to spam the office thread with comments, suggestions, well-wishes, or whatever you like.

Vacation update: Had two beautiful days at the beach on Longboat Key in Florida until Tropical Storm Hanna showed up on Wednesday and rained out the rest of my week. :/ Had a good time, though. Came back to find out that we kicked Persian ass, mapped all of Uber Island, got our trade in gear, and ada handled things very well in my absence. If my Jungle Ball team hadn't lost their inaugeral game it would have been a perfect week.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 16, 2002, 10:53   #40
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:34
hi ,

wine around rome , and other good grounds , ......

, maybe we should pay them a visit in the future , .....

have a nice day