Old August 20, 2002, 13:49   #1
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Official Minister Thread: 5 Turn Plan
DO NOT POST REPLIES, UNLESS YOU ARE A MINISTER! IF YOU DO YOU SHALL FACE THE WRATH OF THE ALMIGHTY MING!

UPDATE PENDING

This Thread is a place where Domestic Ministers can post their plans for each of the 5 turn plans that we have, which will be many. This is to make it easier to hold a Turnthread, so that the Prez or VP can examine this thread for all the relevant domestic orders. If you have any suggestions to make, you can include them in my Economic Forum Thread, located here. That is the proper place for comments, and it also satisfies the Constituion.
This is NOT the place where the SMC post, as his should be in a seperate thread( so as to not confuse the Prez). The Science Minister may post his tech choices here, and the Foreign Affairs Minister may post his trade policy here as well. Otherwise Foreign Policy should be posted elsewhere. I WILL update this over time, it is a work in progress!

At this time, I think the slider bar can remain at 9/1/0, otherwise I don't really have anything to say or do. I figured trying to copy all that the City Planner and Public Works Minister's stuff was clumsy, and prone to error, so now this is just a place to show the slider bar setting, and mentioning payments to be made.

Don't even think about posting a reply! (Unless you are a Minister)

Last edited by Donal Graeme; September 8, 2002 at 22:58.
Old August 20, 2002, 20:58   #2
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Orders from the Minister of Science:

Continue researching Feudalism.

If Feudalism is obtained either through completion of research, trade, or through purchase: switch to Monotheism.

If Monotheism is then obtained either through completion of research, trade, or through purchase: switch to Chivalry.

All trading of technology and maps is approved.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 22, 2002, 00:14   #3
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I'll be back by then!
Alright, my tentative plans are to return by Saturday evening! So I should be able to place my orders that night, just want to let everyone know of the delay!

No Civ access at the moment, otherwise I would look into new orders, but looks like it won't be a problem! Expect my orders by Saturday night!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old August 22, 2002, 19:22   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:38
Turn 0 (130 BC)

Apolyton – switch to war chariot
Termina – switch to settler. Purchase when possible
Port Rouge – If temple can be purchased, start on settler.
Timeline – Work grass with shield instead of forest
Del Monte – switch to courthouse if we are going after the pyramids, else no change.
Chiquita – switch to warrior.
Napoleton – switch to sword
HII – Switch to warrior.
Rouen – work irrigation
Ubergorsk – if barracks is rushed (I hope) then sword.
Marseilles - change name to "Macross City"
Rouen - change name to Jerusalem
Cherbourg – Check with White bandit, see if he wants to use this city for his name of “Another Glourious City”, as he is next
The new city on uber isle, name it as above or use “willsbury”

There are no more city names, so all new cities (i.e. Munich site, Persian, or culture flips) will have to be made by the judges as they haven’t yet stated their preferences. Apoc did a randomizer and the order they choose is Epistax, NYE, captain, jdjdjd. If they are not available, use Egads as a filler and we hold a public poll, or wait for the next administration….. I say public poll.

Turn 1

Chiquita – grows, work shield grass even though shield lost to corruption (I want the food)
Seeberg – war chariot
Uber Isle City 1 – Granary. Purchase before pop growth. Then when that occurs worker

Turn 2

Apolyton – grows, work fish
BHQ – grows, work the tile being cleared for loveshack (fu*k loveshack, for now).
Gaia – grows, work irrigation
Seeberg – grows, work best available (forest if Persians are gone)
HII – culture growth, yeeee ha, we now have wine.

Turn 3

BHQ – war chariot
Apolyton – war chariot
HII – Cathedral

Turn 4

Nothing?

Turn 5

Loveshack – Settler

Turn 6+

Presidential Choice, but as it will be a chat and I will (if I can wake up) be there, then I shall assist as much as possible.

General notes: Where there is a war chariot being built, switch to horse or sword if Aggie requests. Last I heard, he would accept any, even with the jungle problem of the chariot. Again, presidential choice in this matter. Aggie and I discussed and we are looking for a core of about 5 war chariots in our central cities, to act as a reserve, a quick response, cheap upgrades to knights, secondary defense so we can spare some spears/pike for the front lines, and a golden age some time in the indeterminate future. I had to revise this a couple of times, so if I miscounted the chariots please adjust (to horse). Also, this is being posted after Aggies orders so some improvising on your part will have to be made. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If I missed something, cover my arse please and do either culture or war effort. Thanks.
CITY PLANNING - 210 BC, second time

Pre end of turn

Change Government to Monarchy. Note, I am not sure how monarchy will effect build times for some cities. Please use your judgement if there is something that is not accounted for.

Mingapulco - Turn 1

Apolyton - Switch worker from one of the forest tiles to the (W, NW) tile.
Port Rouge - Start on settler immediatly.

Turn 2

Apolyton - If we loose the galley, switch from horse to galley.
Tassagrad - Grow. Work best tile.

Turn 3

Termina - Start on war chariot.
Apolyton - Start on sun tzu war accademy

Turn 4+ (in case i messed up and you need advice)

Termina - Something with culture
Apolyton - Sun Tzu. If we fail in this, then hopefully we will be able to jump into leo's
Tassagrad - War effort
BHQ - War effort
Port Rouge - Culture

Pina Colada - Turn 1

Chiquita - Request to purchace temple. If so, start on Frobidden Palace (I have started a discussion on this)

Turn 2+ (in case I messed up and you need advice)

Chiquita - Culture
Del Monte - Grainery. Will grow turn 2. Work mined road south near Gaia
Gaia - War effort
Timeline - Culture

El Nino - Turn 1

Seeberg - Switch immediatly to warrior (SMC request). Purchase if possible.
Napoleton - Request to purchase walls. If so, start barracks.
Geofront - Start temple.
Ubergorsk - Request to purchace barracks. If so, horse next.
Loveshak - Keep working most efficiently, given growth and jungle clearing consideration.

Turn 2+

Seeberg - war effort/defence
Napoleton - war effort
Geofront - war effort
Ubergorsk - war effort
Loveshak - harbor next
Munich(?) - culture

Ile de Rose - Turn 1

HereItIs - Temple. Request to purchase, if so next library (culture)
Marsailes (Jerusalem?) - Temple. Request to purchase, if so next spear.
Rouen (Egads?) - Spear.
Cherbourg (do we wish to rename this city provided we may give it away?) - note, as discussed http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=60671, we will keep this city until someone invades the territory. DO NOT risk another war. Give it away only if necessary. Use as a tool in diplomacy with the germans or give to whomever will be most pissed off if someone attacks it (ie russia if rome attacks).
start on spear. Don't bother purchasing.
Turn 2

HereItIs - Temple. Request to purchase, if so next library (culture)
Marsailes (Jerusalem?) - Temple. Request to purchase, if so next spear.
Rouen (Egads?) - Spear should have a shield built up now, so request to purchase. If so, then temple.

Turn 3+

HereItIs - culture
Marsailes (Jerusalem?) - Culture
Rouen (Egads?) - Culture
Cherbourg (next name appears to be "Another Glorious City") - Culture

Miscelanoius notes: In the switch of governments, I do not usualy play religious civs. I do not know how they will react. If they act like I suspect, all cities with a pop of 3+ will need to have 1 lux and 1 entertainer durring the shift to keep them in order. Again, I do not know for sure. So after declairing a revolution, check all 3+ cities to make sure they will not go into revolt durring the transition.

Any cities we take from perisa or germany should focus on SMC requests, then defence, then culture. Your choice as you are the one that has the knowledge to make rational judgements at the appropriate time.

If you play late, (post 10PM EST) I can log on if you need anything. PM me durring the day (I will keep polly on at work, but no game to reference), but I have night school from 5-9:30 or so.

If I missed anything (RL problems, so I feel I probably did, particularly with the revolution to monarchy) I trust your judgement.

CITY PLANNING - 210 BC

Edited this post to add these new orders in.

Mingapulco - This region may change if OPD posts/pm. I will keep you informed.

Termina - No change. Start on horseman or temple next (depends on war).
Apolyton - Switch worker from one of the forest tiles to the whale tile. This does not change the time for this horse under construction, and adds a gold and food to the city. After Horse is constructed, reasses construction time (time of construction - # of shields have utmost priority) for the next build, either a gallion if the uber isle expedition goes bad, a horsie if still at war with anybody, or a library if at peace.
Tassagrad - No change. If in desperate streights, switch to horseman. After harbor, build horsie. When grows next turn, worked mined tile near polly.
BHQ - after horse, horsie (any war) or library (peace). When it grows in 5 turns make sure to prevent disorder by making a scientist. I am not 100% sure if it will go into disorder, but I think it will (when was last popped rushed?).
Port Rouge - barracks. Keep the people happy, so do not work any more tiles than possible. Do not be alarmed if people starve. If peace with FRANCE, then switch immediatly to temple.

Pina Colada

Chiquita - As is (temple). Pop rush if necessary. When it grows, work the other grass w/ shield.
Del Monte - If threatened, use judgement to switch. When grows, work tile to south of the one now worked. After barracks, either courthouse (if peace with germany and france) or war chariot.
Gaia - After barracks, either spear, horse or courthouse as appropriate.
Timeline - Work grass tile w/ shield and forest tile. Not the tile with the road. After barracks, spear.

El Nino - I have not yet heard from Rendelnep. If I do I might edit to incorporate his suggestions.

Seeberg - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks.
Napoleton - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks. Pop rush only if necessary.
Geofront - Switch immediatly to city walls. Then barracks. Pop rush only if necessary. Switch as necessary.
Ubergorsk - No change. Switch as necessary. WHen it grows, work the iron.
Loveshak - No change. Do not pop rush. If jungle gets cleared, work it.
Munich(?) - Presidential choice. Recomend temple at this time.

Ile de Rose - jdjdjd posted this http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...50#post1252575 as his orders.

HereItIs - Temple. Pop rush ASAP (20 shield remaining). If sending the vet sword to reinforce port rouge, make sure to change the worker into a taxman. Work the tile to either the N or NE (extra gold, no change in production)
Marsailes (Jerusiliam? sp?) - as per HereItIs.

All other cities to use presidential judgement, if myself or OPD are not available at the chat tomarrow (18:00 EST on sat, I will try to plan on making it, but do not know yet as my girlfriend talked about coming over to help me pack up my house).

CITY PLANNING - 290 BC

Mingapulco - This region may change if my analysis tomarow changes. I will keep you informed.

Termina - No change. Pop rush only if necessary. Start on horseman next.
Apolyton - Horseman
Tassagrad - Change from spear to harbor (per request). If in desperate streights, switch to horseman
BHQ - Spearman x2. then horsie.
Orleans (Port Rouge) - barricks. Pop rush ASAP. After, do warrior x2 for cheap swords (not yet connected to iron). Keep the people happy, so do not work any more tiles than possible (for now that means none). Do not be alarmed if people starve if it is the only way to keep them working.

Pina Colada

Chiquita - As is (temple). Pop rush if necessary.
Del Monte - Switch to barracks. If threatened, use judgement to switch.
Gaia - Switch to barracks.
Timeline - Work grass tile w/ shield. After growth, second tile to be worked is forrest tile currently being worked. Do not pop rush barracks. After barracks, sword; horsie or spear per SMC

El Nino

Seeberg - After worker, barracks
Napoleton - No change. Switch to spear, city walls, etc if necessary. Pop rush only if necessary.
Geofront - No change. Pop rush only if necessary. Switch as necessary.
Ubergorsk - No change. Switch as necessary
Loveshak - No change. Do not pop rush. If jungle gets cleared, work it.
Munich(?) - Presidential choice. Recomend temple at this time.

Ile de Rose

Paris - Temple. Pop rush ASAP (20 shield remaining). Only work center tile and turn 2 tiles into tax men. After temple, build barricks or spears, as most appropriate. Be aware that some people will starve in this city.
Marsailes (?) - as per paris

As Copied from the Planning Departments Orders Thread to here for your convenience.

350 bc

Region 2, the Principality of Pina Colada (or PPC for short):

*New City (Chiquita?) - start on temple. (post temple start on library or barracks)
*Del Monte - no change.
*Gaia - After the worker, start on barracks
*Timeline - after warrior, either grainery or barracks, depending on how the war goes.

OPD has given the following orders for region 1 (Mingapulco???):

*Termina - Stop working bonus grassland tile and start working sea tile. After settler is built start on temple. Once settler is built it should work two mined grassland tiles (not the bonus one Poly will work that one.)
*Apolyton- Switch from tile W,NW to tile NW,NW. Continue producing Spearmen.
*Tassagrad- Stop working tile N and start working tile S,SW. Continue producing spearmen.
*BHQ- When it grows in 2 turns start working tile SW,S.
Continue producing spearmen.

Rendelnep has reviewed, and doesn't want to change the following orders for region 3 (El Nino):

*Seeberg - After worker, barracks.
*Napoleton - POP RUSH TEMPLE IMMEDIATELY, CITY PLANNER ORDER - I have done an analysis of unhappyness, growth, etc. and this will only help us. After temple, start on barracks.
*Geofront - Switch to cleared tile when workers are done.
*Ubergorsk - Build barracks. Switch worker from iron hill to cleared tile when workers are done (I want the extra food). Request new worker to start to mine iron hill.
*Loveshack - no change. Please send a worker to help a little here. This is nothing more than a rotting shack in the jungle like it is now and nobody is falling in love.

jdjdjd has reviewed, and doesn't wish to change the following orders for region 4 (Ile de Rose ):

PLEASE NOTE - per the previous poll, the SMC has control of these cities for 5 turns until after they come out of resistance. City planning would (under my administration anyway) do what the SMC requested, however, until the war with france is over.

All Cities: Spear or Temple, as most appropriate. If they have sufficient defencive units and a temple (don't see how this can happen, but just in case) build the following in order: Barracks, library, war chariot, war chariot, Courthouse.

REQUEST TO PUBLIC WORKS: The worker by Del Monte is doing worthless work at this time. It will be many turns before DM needs to use that mined space. Please have the worker go to another city to be more productive - I recomend either build connecting road to new city, Chiquita, or go to Loveshack and clear some jungle. Thank you.

If the new city on uber isle is created, first build is either a warrior (for defence only) or a grainery or a temple.

- build warrior (or spear if there is time) if it needs some form of defence immediatly. An empty city is ok for a few rounds and I am hoping to have a military unit cross with the settler
- grainary if we need the city to be a base for masive colonizatin (I hope) to keep us poping out workers and settlers
- if there is only room for one city, go with a temple.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con

Last edited by GodKing; September 6, 2002 at 23:30.
Old August 23, 2002, 01:42   #5
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Foreign Ministry Orders circa 290 BC:

No sales, trades, or purchases at this time.

If anyone ELSE declares war on us, please immediately pause the turn.

Accept no calls for alliance
Accept no RoPs

Peace Proposals:
Accept Peace from Germany and Persia IF no cost to us. Try to aquire tech with peace, but not required. Monarchy is preferred tech.

Accept Peace from France only with sufficient spoils.

Demands
Give in: Rome, Russia, Iriquios, Greece
Refuse: Babylon, England, Aztecs, America

IGNORE CHART IF NECESSARY. FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR GOOD JUDGEMENT.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Togas; August 27, 2002 at 14:10.
Old August 24, 2002, 14:36   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

All three regions have submitted their plans for builds for the next 5+ turns. I have updated the post above to include them. (if anybody is interested in comparing, I did not update the Planning office thread...)

Thanks, and good luck. I will not be able to log on again until late on monday and hope to see that we own a large part of france...

--Con
Old August 25, 2002, 06:33   #7
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Public Works Plans for 350 BC
These plans should suffice for at least 5 turns. If this is an actual turnchat, I am not sure if I will be able to attend. Depending on my schedule, I'll check throughout the day. Thanks!

Del Monte - Worker E currently mining. After mine is completed, build a road. Then build a road toward the city that settler stack W, W, NW of Del Monte creates.

Timeline - Worker stack E creating road. After road completed, mine that square.

Seeburg - MOVE THIS UNIT BEFORE YOU END TURN . Unit is currently free. Move unit SW toward Gaia. Continue building road toward Gaia.

Geofront - Worker stack N clearing forest. After clear, mine square. If this is completed soon enough, build a road N toward Napoleton.

Ubergorsk - Workers stack is N, NW clearing jungle. After complete, build a road. However: Concern has been raised about the Persian archer stack just E of their position. These workers will be done clearing jungle in 1 turn. However, if the President feels the risk is too great and is threatened by the Persians, I encourage you to move this stack at your own discression.

Termina - Worker stack is N, NW building road. After road is completed, continue building NW toward Chartres. War is iminent however. If you see any enemy units in the vicinity, please do what you must to spare our workers from the wrath of French forces (should this occur).

Regarding the iminent war with France:
I have no doubts that we will capture French citizens and force them into labor as slaves. However, I have no knowledge of WHERE or WHEN they will be captured, I leave the immediate decisions of any workers captured in France to be in the hands of the Supreme Military Commander during this turn chat. After the dust has settled, I'll issue new orders for these captured workers. Thanks

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; August 25, 2002 at 06:53.
Old August 27, 2002, 21:38   #8
GodKing
Emperor

One thing I forgot to include in the 290 orders above.

Tassagrad and Apolyton both grow in 5 turns. Move the workers around so that Tass is working all mined tiles. Move polly workers so that it is working 2 forested tiles. This will stop pollies growth for now (unhappyness after next growth if i did the math right) and maxamize production of new units for the fight. soon after the battles we can switch this around so that it starts growing again, but need to get another lux connected, spend some tax money on cake, or turn somebody into elvis as there most likely wont be enough time between growth and a colosium/cathedral construction to do us good. Of course, if we get monarchy we could buy a cathedral....

Just wishful thinking.

--Con
Old August 28, 2002, 09:28   #9
GodKing
Emperor

Eak...

I didn't take into account of adding 10% - 20% lux on the sliders.

Per aggie's request, lets change the worker in seeberg to a spear. Once complete, switch to barracks.
BHQ only produce 1 spear. then switch to horse

Keep orleans as barricks. If peace with france is reached prior to completion, switch to temple.

If I remember correct, seeberg is not yet connected to iron, so switching to a warrior is possible (only 3 hp) and it will have to travel far to be upgraded to sword, but it would be a unit next turn. Please advise on what you would prefer.

Some things may radically change in the former french cities with lux added. I have no access to my home computer until tomarrow night, thus I am not able to look and see (if it would even let me....I'm not sure if it can without hitting the turn button). Senior El Presidente, please use your judgement in regards to where people are working tiles in these cities. If not sure, just click on the city itself in the city screen and it will automatically adjust the # of workers to keep the people content/happy. Then switch the Elvi into tax men.

--Con
Old August 28, 2002, 17:59   #10
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 06:38
To Transport Settler, and spearman, or even another settler, that would be good(?), use the following plan involving 2 Galley's, it is called "Shiber's Manoeuvre" and is as follows:

"Naming the tiles and galleys for easier reference:
* Tile A: either the tile S or SE of Apolyton (doesn't matter). It is safe for a galley to end its turn in here.
* Tile B: the tile SE SE of Apolyton (contains a whale resource).
* Tile C: the tile SE of tile B.
* Tile D: the tile SE of tile C.
* Tile E: one of the coastal tiles which we can barely see. It is safe for a galley to end its turn in here.
* Galley 1: empty at the beginning of the manoeuvre.
* Galley 2: contains a settler and possibly another unit (another settler or a spearman) at the beginning of the manoeuvre.

Phase one:
Both galleys are in tile A. Galley 1 travels to tile C and ends its turn. This is the risky phase, since there's a 50% chance that the galley would sink (but at least it's empty). It's also the only risk involved in this plan.
If the galley sinks, build a new galley and start again. If it doesn't, move on to phase two:
Phase two:
Galley 2 travels to tile B. The settler and the other unit (if any) onboard galley 2 moves to galley 1.
Phase three: galley 2 travels back to tile A or another coastal or city tile, thus ending the turn safely. Galley 1, now carrying cargo, moves to tile E, thus also ending its turn in safety."
Old September 2, 2002, 21:16   #11
WhiteBandit
Prince

Confused
Ok.. I'm confused. Are we posting our orders in here as well as in the "Orders for 210 BC (new)" thread? Or both perhaps? I guess we *should* create a place where we edit all our orders so there is always 1 central place. Hmm.

Old September 3, 2002, 07:53   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:38
This was made before the turnthreads took over completely (I THINK). With turnthreads happening whether there is a chat or not ( it is very useful to have all the orders in one place beforehand anyway), this seems to have been kinds superceded by the new thread each time. It is kind of a shame since this topped and always easy to find, but UnOrthO's Directory does that with just one more itermediate link.

Shall we detop this, or start posting everything here, skipping the new thread each time?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 3, 2002, 08:50   #13
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:38
Well, if we wanted to, this could become a nice way for the Ministers to post their orders. Then edit them to be updated for each turn. The turnthread order thread could then be reserved for discussion from the public. We would need to change the original purpose to allow the SMC to post in here as well, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 3, 2002, 08:57   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:38
What would be more useful (from experience here) is a thread that collated all the turn-by-turn, move at a time orders (SMC, PW, FAM for trades, City Planner and occasionally Imperial Expansion), and a separate part for the less turn-specific Economy and cience Ministers.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 3, 2002, 09:38   #15
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Check the orders thread (new). I am trying out just that. The General orders are on top. Then a turn by turn analysis.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 21, 2002, 19:40   #16
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Well, if we wanted to, this could become a nice way for the Ministers to post their orders. Then edit them to be updated for each turn. The turnthread order thread could then be reserved for discussion from the public. We would need to change the original purpose to allow the SMC to post in here as well, though.
So do you want to do this or just start a new thread each time?

If not then we can get this thread deleted. Although personally I'd like a topped orders thread.

I was going to post this question a long time ago but have only just become a minister and rather unsurprisingly I do fear the wrath of Ming.
Old September 23, 2002, 08:51   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Having the orders thread topped only makes more problems than it solves, IMO.

First, though easier to find, it will cause confusion:

Some ministers will edit their next orders before others, creating a confusion to the layman as to which orders are to be followed. It is better, IMO to begin a new thread each chat to organize the orders and make it as clear as possible. Rarely does that thread leave the front page anyway.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 24, 2002, 12:51   #18
WhiteBandit
Prince

I concur with Unorthodox. Even being a minister, I am quite confused as to where I am supposed to post my current orders at the moment.

I think we should just make a new thread for orders each time they are needed. It will be easier to follow.

Old September 24, 2002, 16:27   #19
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Well I did ask for this thread to be detopped.
But perhaps the pm didn't go through or something