Old August 21, 2002, 06:27   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
VP announcement
As it was our original intention to play out the thead orders last night, I will be playing 5 turns sometime tonight. Wed are very bad for me, but I will find time somewhere to make this happen and post a report. As we are now on my schedule till MrWIA can get his compuer operational, expect a second turnthread to be started immediately after the conclusion of these 5 turns, and to be played out on Sunday.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 07:06   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Re: VP announcement
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
As it was our original intention to play out the thead orders last night, I will be playing 5 turns sometime tonight. Wed are very bad for me, but I will find time somewhere to make this happen and post a report. As we are now on my schedule till MrWIA can get his compuer operational, expect a second turnthread to be started immediately after the conclusion of these 5 turns, and to be played out on Sunday.
hi ,

, could we play a bit faster in the future , ...

have a nice day
Old August 21, 2002, 07:19   #3
Max
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:40
Perhaps you should update the top thread "Next Scheduled Turnchat/thread" with these 2 dates ?
Old August 21, 2002, 07:49   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Great news !
Old August 21, 2002, 08:21   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Max,

I posted a reply in there, but cannot update the top post.

All future times will be in the government and directory thread so that I can update them as neccessary.

Panag,

I agree, but till now I was not in charge of the turns. It took us till Monday to get orders from all the Ministers, so that was the earliest it could have been played, anyway.

To all,

I apologize for the lack of info surrounding the times of the turns. I blame myself. I wanted to organize things and got so busy with the directory, I was leaving this area alone. I will now take full responsibility to update the next time section located at the top of the directory. Please refer to it for future information reguarding times.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 11:17   #6
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 01:40
Un0rth0d0x, will the latest save be posted as soon as you've finished playing out the thread? how many turns was it.... 5 or 7? i forget.
Old August 21, 2002, 11:19   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

5 turns. I will add my report and the save to the current report thread.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 11:43   #8
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Max,

All future times will be in the government and directory thread so that I can update them as neccessary.

Panag,

I agree, but till now I was not in charge of the turns. It took us till Monday to get orders from all the Ministers, so that was the earliest it could have been played, anyway.

To all,

I apologize for the lack of info surrounding the times of the turns. I blame myself. I wanted to organize things and got so busy with the directory, I was leaving this area alone. I will now take full responsibility to update the next time section located at the top of the directory. Please refer to it for future information reguarding times.
you should do as i did once i started my term. create NEW threads to replace mine with.
Old August 21, 2002, 14:29   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
Don't hold yourself to a limit of 5 turns. Play around 5, but stop when you get to a point that a ministarial decision needs to be made. may only be 4 turns, may be 8 turns. Only the game will tell........

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 21, 2002, 14:34   #10
Reddawg
Prince

Yes, yes, more turns more turns... lol. the more turns played the better the stats will be!

but obviously a lot is going to be going on once the french war really starts and i could see how the Execs. will need to consult the ministers pretty much right away.
Old August 21, 2002, 14:55   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Godking, 5 turns brings us to the need for declaring war, it is a good time to stop, discuss building embassy, discuss whether we should wait for france to make us a library...

Ninot. You were president. I was leaving the turn times up to mine. Now you all must bear with me in the mean time.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 15:03   #12
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:40
I think we should have a turn chat next as were going to war and all.
Old August 21, 2002, 15:04   #13
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'd like to see us play out all the turns up until the turn before we declare war if it isn't more than, say, 8 turns.

Anyone know exactly how many turns until the predicted declaration of war?

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 21, 2002, 15:05   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

5, that is why I said 5 to begin with. We are in turn 7 of Uber's plan. Turn 12 is declare war and invade. I will stop before finishing turn 11.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 15:15   #15
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I say we should play the game up until the point we're about to invade (meaning we should end turn 11 and start turn 12 but not do anything yet) and then establish an embassy in Paris so we'll have something to discuss until Sunday's turnthread/chat.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 15:37   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Shiber:

Why does it matter if I make the embassy at the end of turn 11, then post Paris pict and save as opposed to beginning turn 12? It has been a tradition NOT to end the last turn to check on everything.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 16:04   #17
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It doesn't really matter, plus I'd hate to break a tradition.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 21, 2002, 17:06   #18
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Library has culture. It will be gone when we take over paris.

Set up the embassy, and if you feel discussion needs to occure, fine, stop. But if not, we have already agreed on war, so declair it, move the troops into position, then stop prior to the first attack. Or, stop if you need to get the ministers or public involved.

I understand that ubers plan needs only 5 turns to declair war, but that will happen either way. I think it would be good to get right up to the point of action, the actual battle, then to have to wait the 2-3 turns on sunday before any action takes place.

Thanks.

--Con
Old August 21, 2002, 17:16   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I was referring to the great library, Godking. They are currently working on it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 17:18   #20
GodKing
Emperor

Oops, should have known what you meant. OK. Onward!!!!!!!!!

--Con
Old August 21, 2002, 18:06   #21
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I like your idea godking except theat orders were only givin for 5 turns and not eight. now if everybody could be around to give orders for the additional turns we perhaps could do it. But of course it is up to unorthodox
Aggie
Old August 21, 2002, 18:28   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That's right, I am in charge, and I say 5 turns. Starting...NOW! Be back in however long this takes.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2002, 18:38   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Don't forget to post the save, gotta see if you improved YOUR lands only..........
Old August 21, 2002, 18:45   #24
Reddawg
Prince

w00t
and remember the embassy screenshot

looking forward to working on that sav tonight.
Old August 22, 2002, 12:24   #25
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Max,

Panag,

To all,

hi ,

, is there a way to increase the distribution of info , ....

maybe if we look at the communications we can speed up things a bit , ......

have a nice day
Old August 22, 2002, 12:32   #26
Shiber
Emperor

I understand some ministers were kept busy by RL.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2002, 12:37   #27
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Panag,

Things are moving at a decent clip now. I scheduled turnthreads to be held Sunday, next Wed, Next Sat. How are we to better communicate than through the forum? We have people around the globe, we must have SOME patience. Any suggestions you have to help the process other than vague 'lets do better' I would love to hear them.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 15:42   #28
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Panag,

Things are moving at a decent clip now. I scheduled turnthreads to be held Sunday, next Wed, Next Sat. How are we to better communicate than through the forum? We have people around the globe, we must have SOME patience. Any suggestions you have to help the process other than vague 'lets do better' I would love to hear them.
hi ,

well in order to do that , the speeding up , we would have to look to the reasons as to why their is a "slowdown" , ......if there is any at all , ...

the real Q is , can we go faster as it is , ......

the turnthreads are a great way forward indeed

do we want to get faster , that is important aswell , ....

have a nice day
Old August 22, 2002, 15:47   #29
Shiber
Emperor

There's a strong opposition to speeding up the game because it makes it too hard for some people who are normally busier than you and I to follow the game and leaves less time for proper planning and discussion.
IMHO the current rate (two turnthreads a week, 5 turns played in each turnthread unless something drastic happens) is perfect. However if you disagree you can start a discussion thread or a poll about it and see what people think.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2002, 15:59   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ah, Panag, what do you do in RL. Your sounding too much like my boss.

Sure, I could give you a root cause analysis of why we are proceding like we are:

Problem: Turns took too long,

Causes: New government taking office, Minister's busy with RL and with appointing deputies, School is starting so people have less time at the moment, New President broke his computer, *First Turnthread did not have orders in it only links to orders so I spent a day compiling them* No Pres, can only operate on VP schedule and no possible rotating days (VP has RL commitments this weekend)

Sorry, cannot do it in the proper diagram fashion. There you go. Anyone have any others? Some of those are easily fixed, others not so.

Now, Panag, you got any proposed solutions?

Maybe making a 5 day grace for new government to get organized while old is still doing their term? Giving VP right to appoint an alternate if he cannot make chat/thread move at a decent pace? Placing a standard for turnthreads so that orders are organized?

Those should keep the ball rolling, but how to enact them? Who will decide standards? Will the VP appointment need a confirmation vote, enabling the whole idea useless as such a vote would take 4 days to do?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby