Old August 22, 2002, 16:11   #31
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
hi ,

next you are going to ask for a increase in your check , ....

(got it)

HEY no one else wants to look at it

as you might have seen in the last post , do we want to go faster ?

and yeah that idea seems good , ....why not

if a couple more could chew a bit on it we might get somewhere faster , cut a bit here and there , ....stuff like your suggestion , ....

a while ago some-one suggested about having a second in command for each job , so that if one is gone , the other could take over , ...

one important thing is to look at all the people in the government and see why they personally cant go faster , ....with a little dialogue and (!) good leadership (!) they could and should get somewhere

now show them

panag > gives a couple cans with peeled banana to use

have a nice day
Old August 22, 2002, 16:21   #32
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 01:40
i believe everyone does have a second in command, if not a 3rd and 4th as well. i think two turnthreads a week is DEFINITELY the way to go. 5/turns a thread, i'd leave that flexible. sometimes in the game nothing is going on but sitting and building, so if we get to a point like that we could think about having a longer turn...

but since everyone is only getting Busier at this point (re: ppl starting college) then we shouldnt speed up;... IMHO, of course.
Old August 22, 2002, 16:22   #33
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:40
Do we want to go faster?

Some do, I would say most do. Every 3 days sounds like a decent goal to me.

However, considering the problems, it is not always possible. For instance, i could do the chat Saturday, but WhiteBandit will have no orders till Saturday Night.

Having a second is also impossible. We have enough trouble getting ONE as you saw in the last election. How to keep this moving despite peoples RL commitments? What would be this 'good leadership' you speak of? Are you saying it is something other than what I have been doing? How can I improve? Come now, Panag. You are a wonderfull idea man, let's hear them.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 16:35   #34
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

, we could try to explain to the people , on the condition that they want to speed up , the way there would be a need for an official "second" in command , this way it could become easier and there would be less "difficulties"

what we should do is "chew" a couple days on it , experience is the best way , time brings advise

this site has proven that , sometimes there are 250+ posts , and then out of the blue someone gets it , ...

every three days , ....sounds great , we have afterall take in account that some work , go to school , etc , ...
and the fact that we are spread around the globe , and that is exactly the power of the game itself , there is always someone , somewhere , somehow thinking about it , each with is own views and solutions and experience

and your idea is good , that is the stuff that we need , but turnthreads where not born from the start , ...

the 5 day grace , , some shall not like that , ...

have a nice day
Old August 22, 2002, 16:43   #35
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Five days may be too long, I just pulled it out of the air after all.

Panag, you lamented yourself in the polls how there were no people running. How do you propose we come up with a second? If people will not willingly run for the first, and they all know the need for that, why would they run for a second? For that matter, how come YOU have not run? You can do the job as capably as the next man. You are as active as most ministers. Would YOU run for a second?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2002, 17:26   #36
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Unorthodox :
So far, I'm maazed by your organizational skills. I think you've well done, and I hope you keep up the good work
Also, the 5 days idea, to allow the newly elected government to organize itself is excellent. I hope you'll apply it next term.

We are lucky, because the 1-week gap between turnthreads has been filled with interesting debates (game-wise) + the setting up of the $mini-game. But it can happen differently : I'm sure you remember the constitutionl rage at the beginning of Ninot's term, when we only talked about inflating the CoL, because we exhausted topics about the actual game.
The constitutional rage was brought on by a too slow tempo IMHO, and its consequence was an excessive increase of the tempo (a turnchat every 2 or 1 days).
Having a turnthread every Wed and Sunday is good, being fast but not too fast.
Old August 22, 2002, 20:57   #37
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:40
Unorthodox I agree with (once again) spiffor. Over this last week( the first of your reign) you have performed above and beyond the call of duty. One suggestion I have is a line of succession so we know what to do if say(heaven forbid) your hardrives crashes in a bad way. Right now we are one lightning strike away from real trouble.
Aggie
Old August 22, 2002, 21:22   #38
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
If UnOrthOdOx goes Missing in Action.....

(hazie dream sequence)

Godking takes his name literaly, and starts to boss people around while demanding tribute from all around the globe.....

UberKruX sends his armies after godking, but being of divine force, many military units fail to respond to the SMC's orders, instead defending their divine GodKing....

WhiteBandit and all his workers hide in the jungle until the slaughter end....

Togas moves to Greece, taking most of the treasury with him to "protect it"....

The americans attack, retaking the lands lost to us in the first war, along with many of the cities to our east....

jdjdjd returns from his overseas travels, and along with the rest of the justices chops UberKruX's and the Divine GodKings heads off, mouunting them on pikes outside of Apolyton.....

(end hazie dream)

..... Oh, I don't think much will happen if he disapears for a while.....

ps - excelent job so far. Keep up the good work. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 23, 2002, 00:04   #39
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Don't worry too bad. I have access to an unusual job that in the event of a major power outage in this area, I am supplied with an apartment and internet access through my laptop. Wouldn't stress too bad about me loosing TOTAL conection.

I will start a discussion for a grace period ammendment tomorrow. I was thinking the old government shold be required to play one turn either ON th day the electins close, or soon thereafter. That should give the new govt enoug time. Also need to change the term limit to say "unless no other candidate can be found" instead of just arbitrary only 3 terms

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 06:57   #40
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Five days may be too long, I just pulled it out of the air after all.

Panag, you lamented yourself in the polls how there were no people running. How do you propose we come up with a second? If people will not willingly run for the first, and they all know the need for that, why would they run for a second? For that matter, how come YOU have not run? You can do the job as capably as the next man. You are as active as most ministers. Would YOU run for a second?
hi ,

panag > looks on his goat skin , sees only one job tittle : banana whole distributor , ......;

reads in small print ; by order of Trip and UberKruX , on the penalty of death , this job is untill the end of days

panag > gives more banana to Uno , so he shall not make those ideas again

well , actually its a bit hard sometimes to meet , and the locations on this planet dont allways allow an internet connection , ....

we need to look at the fact why there are only a couple people who want to be in office , ...

then again it could be due to the fact its summer break , ....and holidays .

say ; what would you do with the five day "grace" , ...

have a nice day
Old August 23, 2002, 07:16   #41
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I would do the same thing I DID do. Make all the new threads, get stuff topped, detopped, ministers get their deputies in place and discuss with them how things will run

The only difference is at least one turn will be played while they do all that.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 23, 2002, 07:23   #42
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I would do the same thing I DID do. Make all the new threads, get stuff topped, detopped, ministers get their deputies in place and discuss with them how things will run

The only difference is at least one turn will be played while they do all that.
hi ,

indeed that is great , ....

and yes you have brought something up that is sometimes forgotten ," play the game" , .....

have a nice day
Old August 23, 2002, 07:59   #43
mtgillespie
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 06:40
i think the way things have been done this term has been spot on. Most ministers have appointed deputies, rather than them being elected. I think for each office, the elected minister is responsible, and how he runs it is up to him. Then, even if an unelected deputy screws up, it is the minister who is responsible.

I think it has been shown that there are more people willing to be a deputy, as they have less responsibility, and more importantly won't feel they are letting anyone down if they can't fulfill their term. It also allows people to run for minister who may be away for a week during their term, as things will still be done in their absence.

All in all
Old August 23, 2002, 14:19   #44
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgillespie
i think the way things have been done this term has been spot on. Most ministers have appointed deputies, rather than them being elected. I think for each office, the elected minister is responsible, and how he runs it is up to him. Then, even if an unelected deputy screws up, it is the minister who is responsible.

I think it has been shown that there are more people willing to be a deputy, as they have less responsibility, and more importantly won't feel they are letting anyone down if they can't fulfill their term. It also allows people to run for minister who may be away for a week during their term, as things will still be done in their absence.

All in all
hi ,

, unless this is in the COL with clear guide lines , we are going to have some problems with that , so we might deal with that now , ....

also a deputy or second in command should use an avatar and write that in his sig , so that we know who is who , ...

have a nice day