Old August 24, 2002, 11:47   #181
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
got one question....

If I did NOTHING last turn (I was occupied with other things), do I still get to keep the excess supplies I generated (One shield, one commerce)?

Or if I don't actually declare it, does nothing happen? Also, if I get outbid, the goods get stockpiled right? (The shields and commerce, anyway?)

-- adaMada
Old August 24, 2002, 11:50   #182
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:41
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
got one question....

If I did NOTHING last turn (I was occupied with other things), do I still get to keep the excess supplies I generated (One shield, one commerce)?

Or if I don't actually declare it, does nothing happen? Also, if I get outbid, the goods get stockpiled right? (The shields and commerce, anyway?)

-- adaMada
Yes, you can stockpile up to 10 shields/commerce before lossage. Unsold food is eaten by varmits unless you have a silo/barn.
Old August 24, 2002, 13:12   #183
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yes, you can stockpile up to 10 shields/commerce before lossage. Unsold food is eaten by varmits unless you have a silo/barn.
Ok -- just checking. So if I miss a turn, but have extra space, the shields/commerce is stockpiled. Food is totally wasted though... that's what I thought.

One last question, though -- is it ten shields and ten commerce, or ten slots for either sheilds and commerce?

-- adaMada
Old August 24, 2002, 13:32   #184
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

You have ten slots, whether you use them for commerce and/or shields is up to you.
Old August 24, 2002, 13:40   #185
adaMada
King

'k, thanks again .

-- adaMada
Old August 24, 2002, 13:58   #186
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

I will hire you for the next five turns. I will be gone the next to days or so.

Sell your photos
Old August 24, 2002, 14:08   #187
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
I will hire you for the next five turns. I will be gone the next to days or so.
Okay, I'm agreeing to $15 a turn for 5 turns, starting with trade session 3. Is this correct?
Old August 24, 2002, 14:21   #188
adaMada
King

Ghengis, if you're still agreeing to work for people, I'd be interested in hiring you for a few turns (however many's convinenent for you) until I figure out everything that's going on and the work at the Foreign Ministry dies down a bit.

If you want to set a definate number of turns, that'd be fine (five would probably be enough), or it could continue as long as is convienent for the both of us.

Right now, I should have two commerce and two shields stockpiled, since I got outbid in the first turn and didn't play the second. I have the longterm goal of buiding a building that will convert my two food per turn into something more sellable, but I'd be happy for you to just work on gathering cash to pay off my debt until the buildings list is more final.

Please let me know what you think an appropriate price would be for this sort of work....

-- adaMada
Old August 24, 2002, 16:53   #189
Sheik
King

Quote:
Okay, I'm agreeing to $15 a turn for 5 turns, starting with trade session 3. Is this correct?
Yes that is correct.

Sell your photos
Old August 24, 2002, 17:19   #190
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Franses

My suggestion is to have the food sold at $40 (same price as jdd) and the commerce stockpiled. This only because the food is wasted and we all have to learn how to do this correctly. Next time an order like that by NYE will be regarded unvalid. Is this a fair proposal?
Peachy. Thanks.
Old August 24, 2002, 17:43   #191
Epistax
Prince

Why has only jdd posted in the turn 3 thread besides myself, and why didn't he post the new D:S?
Old August 24, 2002, 17:54   #192
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Franses
GF,

I think a mistake has been made in my total income in the first round. I sold 3 commodities at $65 and one at $50 for a total income of $245 (instead of the $295 you posted). Turn 2 resulted indeed in a total income of $47 resulting in total cash of $292 instead of the $342 posted.

A similar mistake has been made regarding Kloreep in turn 1. $298 should be $248
I have that both of you sold 2 commodities at $50.

Franses sold 2 food at $50
Franses sold 2 shields at $65
Franses sold 1 commerce at $65
..........Total Income for Turn =$295

Kloreep sold 2 food at $50
Kloreep sold 2 shields at $66
Kloreep sold 1 commerce at $66
..........Total Income for Turn =$298

Quote:
Originally posted by Franses Where did jdd get his first $250 from? His income in turn 1 was 0 according to your overview after turn 1. Did I miss something?
His loan from the government was $1000 and he only spent $750 so Captain gave him $250 cash. I think it was posted in the final sale post in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Franses You did not add the $53 paid by UnOrthOdox to your own account.

I see that you have a negative cash now. Does this mean that it is possible to lend more money? Do we have to pay interest over a negative amount?
Fixed the $53. I had a cash balance from the previous turn, so while I had negative cash flow last turn, overall I still have positve cash flow for the two turns.

I would have had positive cash flow last turn if someone hadn't hired two labor and drove the price up on me.......

Oh well, at least I wasn't Kramerman or Jonny. Do you think they have a grudge against jdd2007 for dumping the 1 Food 10 minutes before the session closed and dropping the price $1 below what they were asking so that they lost their food sale?
Old August 25, 2002, 00:01   #193
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Oh well, at least I wasn't Kramerman or Jonny. Do you think they have a grudge against jdd2007 for dumping the 1 Food 10 minutes before the session closed and dropping the price $1 below what they were asking so that they lost their food sale?
Maybe I do. He'll just have to find out himself.
Old August 25, 2002, 11:51   #194
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 02:41
hehehe

what were they asking?
Old August 25, 2002, 11:56   #195
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
hehehe

what were they asking?
$50, you sold one food ten minutes before the auction ended and dropped the price to $49.
Old August 25, 2002, 16:51   #196
Epistax
Prince

Idea: After 1 hour before the market closes, NO NEW TRANSACTIONS ARE ALLOWED, BUYING OR SELLING!

Only prices can be changed.
Old August 25, 2002, 23:07   #197
Kramerman
Prince

would any of my fellow land owners wish to organize? We should form a guild that would not only try to maniputelate the markets to the guild members advantage, but would also lobby government officials for the guilds advantage. The guild would be a sort of pseudo-political party, in a sense. Im sure there are lots of other probusiness stuff the guild could do too. So would anyone be interested in such an idea, or have other such ideas, or have already proposed the idea and I didnt see it?

Kman
Old August 26, 2002, 02:53   #198
Franses
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 07:41
I suggest we let this thread die.

I suggest to concentrate on the last trade thread for trading, the main thread and directory for discussions, polls and (if needed) some dedicated threads. This to avoid cluttering the forum and make it easier for the nobles to find all relevant posts.

Kman, Epistax: My respons to your posts can be found in the main thread and directory.

Last edited by Franses; August 26, 2002 at 03:42.